Macavelli

Ghettos around L.S

Hopefully they are still pretty big and we see some familiar neighbourhoods like ganton *Fingers crossed* . I doubt the ghetto area is going to be as big as it was in San Andreas seen as it dominated half of the LS map but then again LS wasn't that big in San Andreas.

• Like 1

There will probably be hints to SA; maybe old, faded Grove Street graffiti or peds wearing green clothing*. And they may be similar in appearance as obviously both the areas in SA and V are based off of the real world LA - R* may have even gone back to their old research notes from SA for guidance. I doubt the neighbourhood names will be the same though, from what we've seen already all the names are new.

*No, that doesn't mean we'll be seeing CJ.

• Like 1

The Ghettos and Gangs will be a lot different from SA, because that was in the early 90s.

I was watching Ross Kemp on Gangs: LA, and apparently the biggest gangs now are the Mexican ones. So I expect to see more latino ghettos.

If there is no ghetto area, it would not be trying to semi-replicate Los Angeles. Which it is, so there will be a "hood" area. Probably based on Watts, Compton, Inglewood, Long Beach... Places like that, with "GTA style" twists on the names such as in previous titles with Ganton and Idlewood.

Even if the game is not about gang culture, I would expect to see some gangs roaming the streets having shootouts, doing deals, killing members of their own gangs... Normal shit they tend to do. Probably a few easter eggs here or there referencing Grove Street and The Ballas. The predominant gangs will most likely be a hispanic gang if it's trying to be like modern LA gangland.

If there is no ghetto area, it would not be trying to semi-replicate Los Angeles. Which it is, so there will be a "hood" area. Probably based on Watts, Compton, Inglewood, Long Beach... Places like that, with "GTA style" twists on the names such as in previous titles with Ganton and Idlewood.

Even if the game is not about gang culture, I would expect to see some gangs roaming the streets having shootouts, doing deals, killing members of their own gangs... Normal shit they tend to do. Probably a few easter eggs here or there referencing Grove Street and The Ballas. The predominant gangs will most likely be a hispanic gang if it's trying to be like modern LA gangland.

Ya, i agree, but i still think they need to add the older areas too. Just because the map is bigger and different, and there are new areas added, it doesnt mean we cant have Ganton, inglewood, and those other areas ( more prominant ones like rodeo and ganton) from around the map. Just because they were shrunk to fit the small city, and they were based off of real LA locations. So they Have to be added in order to make the city right. As for gangs, the Latino gangs are larger, and there are alot cartel activitys around southern Cali, but there are still african american gangs like the crips and bloods. So we might see old/new gangs together. Maybe the new gangs started rising up from the 3 main ones in the 90s, and they just made smaller gangs that are gaining power, idk.

GTA V will definitely have ghettos. lets get that out of the way (we seen ghetto areas in the trailer) but I think the real question is will they resemble the ghettos from San Andreas and feature grove street families and ballas. I think the gangs from san andreas will still be in V but have no relation with the main character/characters. kind of like the spanish lords gang from GTA IV that wore yellow. they wont mess with you unless you mess with them. that being said, you would probably be able to have mass shootouts with the future ballas and grove st members. imagine the nostalgia :)

They won't be there for the same reason St. Mark's wasn't in GTA IV. While both versions of Liberty City were more or less based on the same city they were both created in different ways. The same applies here. There will be areas based on Compton and Inglewood in GTA V but there's no reason to expect them to be named Ganton and Idlewood again.

But even if they were named the same I'm 100% certain that they will not be laid out the same as they were in GTA: SA. First of all you can tell from the helicopter screens that the city has a totally different layout, and from specific parts of the trailer that the neighborhoods look different too.

once you step on a certain area you get mugged or beaten up by gangs. have your car stolen/distroyed.

Good God, no.

• Like 1

Ya, i agree, but i still think they need to add the older areas too. Just because the map is bigger and different, and there are new areas added, it doesnt mean we cant have Ganton, inglewood, and those other areas ( more prominant ones like rodeo and ganton) from around the map. Just because they were shrunk to fit the small city, and they were based off of real LA locations. So they Have to be added in order to make the city right. As for gangs, the Latino gangs are larger, and there are alot cartel activitys around southern Cali, but there are still african american gangs like the crips and bloods. So we might see old/new gangs together. Maybe the new gangs started rising up from the 3 main ones in the 90s, and they just made smaller gangs that are gaining power, idk.

Yeah even if the do keep the name Ganton, I doubt it will look anything like the SA one. The only "landmark" that could bear a resemblance purely as an Easter egg could be a culdesac that is similar to Grove Street. Other than that, it's almost certain the structure of the city will be completely changed.

The V version of LS will be in a different universe from the SA version of SA, so there doesn't need to be the same names of places for it to make sense. Therefore it is unlikely to see GSF and Ballas back (Crips & Bloods), but rather other versions of the Crips & Bloods. And as you and I also said, the predominant gangs are now mainly hispanic like the Varios Los Aztecas in SA.

Well it would be fantastic 2 C the G.St.F. aswell the Ballas back and it would be gr8 2 C CJ back but if his son was featured as the leader of the gang it would be amazing...

Now just a question...

~Could this Outlaw be CJ's son???

gta-5-trailer-1-police-chasing-a-suspect.jpg

~Could this Outlaw be CJ's son???

I thought we had rid this place of that plague, I seriously want to tell you to FOAD. How many times must we say; CJ doesn't exist in this GTA universe. Can I emphasise that any more?

CJ does not exist in this GTA universe.

Does not.

Am I getting through?

CJ DOES NOT EXIST.

• Like 7

i highly doubt that Cj will be in GTAV, while there might be a easter egg, or an older man named mr. johnson, or carl. but that would be the closest that we would get to cj, and that's just hopeful thinking. or if R* does what they did in IV they might have some graffiti with CJ in it somewhere like the did with Claude.

RIP_graffiti_(GTA4).png

this is what i mean, but instead of Claude, it could be Cj, Sweet, Smoke, or Ryder.

I really hope that R* keep the G.S.F, Ballas, Vagos and Aztecas. And if GTA V will have a bigger map than GTA IV, then it will be almost identical to Los Angeles, so I suppose that they will update the "South Central L.S". Like, in GTA:SA, Grove Street had only two gangs, Seville Boulevard Families, and Grove Street Families. Ballas had 3 gangs; Rollin' Heights Ballas, Front Yard Ballas, and Kilo Tray Ballas. Vagos and Aztecas had only one and only gang. So I hope that they will put atleast 10 gangs of each gangs. Crips and Bloods are not "The Crips", or "The Bloods", There are Compton Piru Bloods, Crenshaw Mafia, Rollin 50's, etc. and Crips, they have Nutty Blocc Crips, Grape Street Crips, Acacia Blocc Crips, Atlantic Drive Crips etc...also I would like R* to make them act realistic, like BBQ in back yards, chillin' in their 'hoods, harrasing people in the streets as you pass by, walking dogs ((if they put dogs to walk on the streets, not only in cutscenes)), listening to rap on the corners, shooting dices, etc. I still play GTA:SA and I hang out in Ganton, Jefferson and Idlewood, recruiting homies with Tec-9's to do a drive by on those Ballas. Well, I have Crips and Bloods mod, so I blast on Bloods. I also play SA:MP on a roleplay server, and I'm a r5 gang member in Grove Street. :P People, I ask you nice not to troll this comment or make fun of me, that's only me and my wishes, and I think I speak for 94% of the people who play GTA:SA just to hang out with their homies and can't wait to get back LS to kill Big Smoke, because that's when the real gangsta shit starts ;)

Cheers

If you want to play SA go ahead and play it, nothing wrong with reliving memories. But GTA V will be nothing like it, sure they are trying to bring back the fun time feel with all these new things we've seen so far, which probably only accounts for 0.1% of the game. If you want GTA V to be exactly like SA it might as well be a wasted game, i'd feel pretty pissed off if I went out and bought it and it was 99% identical to SA.

• Like 2

Also going on Vice's post:

was all about Los Santos and the gangs and the gang banging aspect of the game. This time around there's nothing that suggests that street gangs will be a major part of V's plot. So I expect to see street gangs based on the Crips and Bloods but I don't expect to see the Grove St Families or the Ballas or to have all that much to do with their counterparts at all.

If you want to play SA go ahead and play it, nothing wrong with reliving memories. But GTA V will be nothing like it, sure they are trying to bring back the fun time feel with all these new things we've seen so far, which probably only accounts for 0.1% of the game. If you want GTA V to be exactly like SA it might as well be a wasted game, i'd feel pretty pissed off if I went out and bought it and it was 99% identical to SA.

I know bro, it will be "all for the money" because the V sign is like in the dollar one or whatever, I never saw a dollar in my life. I suppose it will be all business and downtown L.S, all that stuff. I just hope that they will make the same thing like they did in GTA IV-Episodes From Liberty City, like when you play with Luis Lopez, the part-time hoodlum. I hope they will make a dlc with those kind of missions in the ghetto :)

I know bro, it will be "all for the money" because the V sign is like in the dollar one or whatever, I never saw a dollar in my life. I suppose it will be all business and downtown L.S, all that stuff. I just hope that they will make the same thing like they did in GTA IV-Episodes From Liberty City, like when you play with Luis Lopez, the part-time hoodlum. I hope they will make a dlc with those kind of missions in the ghetto :)

See, DLC is a good possibility, but not in the main game in my opinion. Personally I'm hoping for major missions based around the movie industry. I was disappointed they didn't do that at any point back in SA. After all whats the point of making Los Santos and Vinewood if you don't use them?

See, DLC is a good possibility, but not in the main game in my opinion. Personally I'm hoping for major missions based around the movie industry. I was disappointed they didn't do that at any point back in SA. After all whats the point of making Los Santos and Vinewood if you don't use them?

True.