Sign in to follow this  
Brian

State of Decay

The end is here. Life as you knew it has gone to hell after the mother of all zombie outbreaks. Now you and the few scattered survivors must band together to survive and rebuild in a 3rd-person action game set in a dynamic open world. You choose where to make your stand, designing and fortifying your home base, performing daring raids for food and ammunition, and rescuing other playable survivors with unique talents. The open, sandbox world develops in real-time, shaped by your actions, dynamically generating content based on your choices and the ever-increasing zombie threat.

State of Decay is an open world zombie-survival game, currently under development at Undead Labs for release on Xbox 360 / Xbox LIVE Arcade and PC.

Hey Beatnic: how big is the map, would you say?

I'll go ahead and say it feels big, as I've no data to offer. Walking from one town to another can take forever, especially with zombies all about. Driving is quicker, though not always safer. Sill, a drive can feel long, but not boring. Bowling for zombies in a pick up is a bloody blast!

There are three major towns, farmland (with a crashed passenger plane in a field) a campground, backwoods hicks, and a bit more. I'll guess Vice City sized.

icon11.gif

Hey Beatnic: how big is the map, would you say?

I'll go ahead and say it feels big, as I've no data to offer. Walking from one town to another can take forever, especially with zombies all about. Driving is quicker, though not always safer. Sill, a drive can feel long, but not boring. Bowling for zombies in a pick up is a bloody blast!

There are three major towns, farmland (with a crashed passenger plane in a field) a campground, backwoods hicks, and a bit more. I'll guess Vice City sized.

pretty good for a 20 dollar game

friends loving this game

apparently there is no PC release date

Uberhaxornova ftw! Anyway, I'm crazy excited about this game after what I've seen from trailers and gameplay videos. Too bad I don't own an xbox and I'll have to wait for it to come out on PC... :(

...or, get blackout drunk with a friend in the woods. When you regain your senses, start attacking all the "zombies" around you and looting whatever you can. That way you save $20.