The RPG thing made me cringe lol

Maybe coast guard instead of regular police for higher wanted levels with a mounted M249 SAW

0.jpg

Hmm, never realy thought about this one, but i do think that there should be districts ( not as much city districs like rodeo or ganton, but like Los santos and the country side) that have varied types and colors of police/ emegency vehicles.Maybe add modern types instead of an old peice of crap ranger. like if they made a remake of the Chevy Tahoe, then that should be used, same with the regular police type car, a dodge charger ( buffalo), and maybe even lamborghinis like in europe.Branching off from the regular police/sherrif, what about the swat, FIB, CIA, Military, etc? for the FIB, i thought it was rediculous they all had chargers, and the military shouldnt be able to take tanks into city limits. and personally, i think the polce should handle situations ALOT more realisticly than in preveous gtas. And that goes along with what area a crime is taking place. if its in the city, id see more less lethal type approach at first, and depending on the environment, road blocks, NOOSE teams, that sorta stuff should be more tactical than just crouching around like in GTA 4.

Also if you have a helicopter following you, you should be able to lose it by going to a place that has a restricted airspace like the Airport.

Military should not be aloud within city limits, that is not their job.

And the reason i mentioned the military not being in city limits, was that in SA id have the army follow me or spawn in a city. And to be more realistic, they should only be called in on helicopters, or out of city limits.

If you want realism, then the police/army wouldn't shoot at you with civilians around/ behind you. And it would kind of waste the 6th Star if all you had to do to lose the army was to stay in the City. ( Imagines the army sitting in their tanks on the outskirts of the City saying ' Yeah you better not set foot in the countryside, Yeah!' ) :P

Also the Army/ National Guard would only get called in if it was a State of Emergency like an Uprising amongst the population against Local Authorities. And with the headache one player could give Local Law Enforcement, I'm sure this would constitute as an uprising ( a One-Man Army Rebellion!!! :fuhrer: ).................................................... Couldn't find the right emoticon, have they got a Rambo one?

Police boats should come equipped with RPGs.

Yes! RPG's and/or mounted guns.

But they should use it only for wanted level 3 or more...

Afterall we don't want to get vapourised for only 1 or 2 star wanted level... :no:

Rockstar need to rebuild to wanted level system, judging by the way GTAV is being made, you might need more than 6 stars...

i think there should be 7 wtih the seventh being military but make it almost impossible to get without cheats or upon entering military locations

7 star wanted level???

But that will be too much I think..... <_<

You can never have too many Wanted Levels maybe 7 Stars gets Aliens involved.

Here's the Pitch: Maybe they were secretly watching the planet than see you causing alot of Mayhem and think you would make a good experimental subject and try and capture you. When this fails they try and kill you. :crazy:

Or Maybe at 7 stars Special Forces Units get involved alongside the army.

There should be an area51like zone were the army have shooting training and if you have a 6 star wanted level that the tanks must come from over that place. So if yor far away it takes a while till the tanks arives.

I have an huge fantasy its just that i'm too lazy to post more.

7 Stars would be a nice new feature, would make you work your ass off just to see what the hell happens with the 7th Star lol

That would be motherf@k& d@m€ awesome.

It would be like your are the most most most wanted top criminal mastermind of the FBI.

You can never have too many Wanted Levels maybe 7 Stars gets Aliens involved.

Here's the Pitch: Maybe they were secretly watching the planet than see you causing alot of Mayhem and think you would make a good experimental subject and try and capture you. When this fails they try and kill you. :crazy:

Or Maybe at 7 stars Special Forces Units get involved alongside the army.

Some people are just awesome

And ridiculously bright lightbeams.

and be able to turn into a car on land and into a submarine.

And ridiculously bright lightbeams.

and be able to turn into a car on land and into a submarine.

No.

The 7th Star should be Navy Seals....lol But that would be pretty cool, navy seals coming after you on boats etc.

Btw am I the only one who thinks boats have been incredibly dull and boring so far?

• Like 1

Afterall we don't want to get vapourised for only 1 or 2 star wanted level... :no:

Rockstar need to rebuild to wanted level system, judging by the way GTAV is being made, you might need more than 6 stars...

i think there should be 7 wtih the seventh being military but make it almost impossible to get without cheats or upon entering military locations

7 star wanted level???

6 and a half

I like the seventh star idea, but it should only be activated if you enter a resricted area. The FIB comes then.. All hell breaks loose when they show up. Assault rifles and special forces. If you try and go in the water destroyers and shit are after you. If you try and get out by plane fighters are scrambled. On foot...they'll tear apart a city to kill you. They are the branch of the government who don't care about civillians, just you. They are extremely hard to kill and are otherwise unavoidable unless you cheat.

7 star wanted level???

6 and a half

Haha haha :lol:

What difference does it make???

Also if you have a helicopter following you, you should be able to lose it by going to a place that has a restricted airspace like the Airport.

besides civillian airports not having restricted airspace as compared to a real restricted airspace like established for military operation, it wouldn't make any sense since service units like cops, firefighters and of course medics always have priority over regular air traffic, so they would in fact just penetrate an airport's airspace.

further, some badass mafia killer commando hunting our protagonist down in a helicopter wouldn't give a fuck about airspace restrictions. they're in for the killing but respect airspace structure? srsly?

besides civillian airports not having restricted airspace as compared to a real restricted airspace like established for military operation, it wouldn't make any sense since service units like cops, firefighters and of course medics always have priority over regular air traffic, so they would in fact just penetrate an airport's airspace.

further, some badass mafia killer commando hunting our protagonist down in a helicopter wouldn't give a fuck about airspace restrictions. they're in for the killing but respect airspace structure? srsly?

You obviously don't know about police procedure in L.A ( and this is probably similar to other Western Major Cities aswell ).

Firstly they must seek clearance from the Air Traffic Controller, before going into an Airport's restricted airspace ( and it IS restricted, civilian or not ). Most of the time this will be denied because of the many Commercial Planes landing and taking off, especially at LAX ( one of the busiest Airports in the world ).

If they were as reckless as you are implying, I'm sure the Mid-Air Collision Rate would skyrocket ( if you would forgive the pun ).

And if you still say they would completely shutdown the entire airports departure and arrival cycle, just so the police can chase one crazy person leading them on a high speed chase, you sir are crazy. I mean srsly?

Firstly they must seek clearance from the Air Traffic Controller...

Yes.

I would have written the same thing, but I had an aneurysm after reading gmt's reasoning about airspace.

• Like 1

You obviously don't know about police procedure in L.A ( and this is probably similar to other Western Major Cities aswell ).

Firstly they must seek clearance from the Air Traffic Controller, before going into an Airport's restricted airspace ( and it IS restricted, civilian or not ). Most of the time this will be denied because of the many Commercial Planes landing and taking off, especially at LAX ( one of the busiest Airports in the world ).

If they were as reckless as you are implying, I'm sure the Mid-Air Collision Rate would skyrocket ( if you would forgive the pun ).

And if you still say they would completely shutdown the entire airports departure and arrival cycle, just so the police can chase one crazy person leading them on a high speed chase, you sir are crazy. I mean srsly?

maybe I was a bit unclear as to what I wanted to say with my aneurysm-giving airspace reasoning, but since I'm holding a valid PPL and am in training for ATPL I guess I'm more or less familiar with my side of the atc procedures. Of course this doesn't include the actual LAX (or any other airport) procedures for criminals entering the airport, especially apron side, to avoid cops chasing him down by helicopters, but to me this scenario is to some sort an emergency and definitely compromises the safe conduct of flight at the airport. And all the groundbased units chasing the criminal down make it even worse so...

maybe atc denies police helicopters to continue the chase (like I said, my atc knowledge is limited to the flight-side; maybe atc staff could answer this better) but I have a really hard time imagining atc would just go on with the regular stuff.

straying around the apron without proper paperwork already causes an avalanche of security measures taken, go figure what happens if the person is armed and 3stars+ dangerous...

There's a new stat to track: Value of property damage, number of vehicles stolen, and total cop hours spent on paperwork for your crimes alone.

In the screenshot of the car being chased by the helicopter, has anyone noticed that the cop car on the left hand top edge of the screen appears to be BLUE and white? Does possibly suggest more than one police department.

(would post image here, but have it saved on my hard drive and cannot figure out how to attach it in a post)

In the screenshot of the car being chased by the helicopter, has anyone noticed that the cop car on the left hand top edge of the screen appears to be BLUE and white? Does possibly suggest more than one police department.

(would post image here, but have it saved on my hard drive and cannot figure out how to attach it in a post)

That just seems like glare reflecting off the hood, i think they're actually black....but who knows you could be right!

I really hope they bring back the police Ranger for the countryside. My favorite police vehicle from all the games.

you know what i totally forgot about that.... that was a great car. i hope they got that as well.

I applaud you. It's not that easy to create original GTAV related topics anymore.

Military should not be aloud within city limits, that is not their job.

That's a really good example of taking realism too far. -_- Tanks plowing trough fences and small vehicles while chasing you in Downtown LS seems fine to me, but more importantly it's fun.

I know I'm a little late to this post....but it sure its a bitch when you're trying to complete a mission while being chased by tanks and fighter jets. :no:

No worries, I'm still here anyway.

I like when things get exciting and difficult like that, the more you fail the more gameplay hours you squeeze outa the game. If the police are pissing you off because of that or something similar, go eat something, you could just be hunger cranked. You might start having fun with the difficulty after a while.

Given the size of the map, I'd say that different police districts are a given. Do you think the game will feature undercover/plain clothes cops? And what about state police? (a GTA parody of the CHiP and LASD)? I'd assume FIB and NOOSE are returning, but I hope they've upgraded the police intelligence. And I'll be very interested in how they mark the difference between different police districts and agencies (LSPD have newer cruisers and better guns, another smaller department wold have older cars and older guns).