Cameron

New cities in gta

Shhh! You see what you've done?! Now I have to come up with some sort of retort to defend my cities honor or I'll look like a pansy/frenchy. :angry:

Wait a minute.. Boston was a city in GTA. It was in GTA II.

HA! Suck it, Massacre! >:]

You too, Smiffy!

I love Boston! I went to Uni there and fell in love with the city. Though I gotta say I'd prefer a sequel to Bully set in a University in a psuedo-Boston. They could even include Bullworth as a town outside the city.

It's actually cool to read so many of you would like to see a GTA set in Boston today since I arrived in Boston earlier today to attend my brother's graduation! I've been getting all nostalgic going all around town.

As a joke, I'd love to hear ideas elaborating on gtagirl's GTA: Canada idea.

Winnipeg, MB has frequently been the murder capital of Canada, but who the hell would want to play a game in one big city surrounded by prairie for miles in all directions? The only realistic area that would work (for jokes or otherwise) would be Vancouver BC and surrounding cities and towns. The topography is similar to California - mountains, metropolis, ocean - and the population is maybe 1/4 Chinese, so Triads could be the local bad guys. But seriously, it's just never going to happen, though the satire would be priceless.

As a joke, I'd love to hear ideas elaborating on gtagirl's GTA: Canada idea.

Winnipeg, MB has frequently been the murder capital of Canada, but who the hell would want to play a game in one big city surrounded by prairie for miles in all directions? The only realistic area that would work (for jokes or otherwise) would be Vancouver BC and surrounding cities and towns. The topography is similar to California - mountains, metropolis, ocean - and the population is maybe 1/4 Chinese, so Triads could be the local bad guys. But seriously, it's just never going to happen, though the satire would be priceless.

I was referring more to the fact that Canadians are all so nice that GTA: Canada would have to be a complete piss-take.

It would be ideal, though. So much parody ammunition.

You'd do more damage as a Cleveland sportsperson than as a GTA protagonist. Maybe make the protag play Quarterback for the Browns.

Actually here in Colombia we have GTA Colombia, GTA Rio De Janeiro, GTA Cuba, GTA Superman, GTA SanAndreasIV, and GTA Cuba. All on PS2 and PC copies.

Fuck I posted Cuba twice cant edit on phone though

I think they'd branch out to Europe and South America before even considering Australia. There'd be plenty here to pull off a quality game though.

They could do GTA 6 in Sydney, it has the blue mountains behind it and was one of the cities underbelly was filmed in, I say Australia has a lot of potential.

Australia does have a lot of potential but I genuinely believe that Rockstar will complete GTA: USA before even thinking about us, and I don't blame them either. The problem is, it will probably take another Vice City game, and maybe a San Fierro/Las Venturas and/or Mexico game before they attempt to combine them all into one world. I'd even expect a GTA: Chicago to appear before a combined USA game. By this time you're talking about PS5/Xbox 1+ which you could safely say is another 5-10 years away.

I think the only realistic way a GTA: Australia game would or could be produced is for a third party developer affiliated with R* to pick it up under R*'s guidance. The Americas and Europe have enough of their own stories and culture to pour into multiple games that we wouldn't even get a look in. Also, noone outside of Australia and maybe New Zealand would know about Underbelly. We're only really thought of for beaches, sport, animals and larrikanism rather than criminal activities. Hardly a perception worthy of writing a GTA game.

The question is, which developers in the region could pull it off?

Australia does have a lot of potential but I genuinely believe that Rockstar will complete GTA: USA before even thinking about us, and I don't blame them either. The problem is, it will probably take another Vice City game, and maybe a San Fierro/Las Venturas and/or Mexico game before they attempt to combine them all into one world. I'd even expect a GTA: Chicago to appear before a combined USA game. By this time you're talking about PS5/Xbox 1+ which you could safely say is another 5-10 years away.

I think the only realistic way a GTA: Australia game would or could be produced is for a third party developer affiliated with R* to pick it up under R*'s guidance. The Americas and Europe have enough of their own stories and culture to pour into multiple games that we wouldn't even get a look in. Also, noone outside of Australia and maybe New Zealand would know about Underbelly. We're only really thought of for beaches, sport, animals and larrikanism rather than criminal activities. Hardly a perception worthy of writing a GTA game.

Me, I'm a game developer

Me, I'm a game developer

Now you've just earned yourself homework!

Me, I'm a game developer

Now you've just earned yourself homework!

Ah, crap.