Sign in to follow this  
TheClip

What area of Los Santos will be restricted?

Okay so we all know that GTA always have a restricted area on the map which you cannot reach without gaining alot of police heat at the beginning of the game. Algonquin and Alderney in GTA IV. Las Venturas and San Fierro in San Andreas. So where do you guys think will be restricted in GTA V if the map is only going to be Los Santos?

you mean what parts of the map get unlocked as you progress the story?

i think its about time the entre map is unlocked at the beggining.

You're probably right, if they're keeping it to one city I can't see them stopping you from entering certain districts with the same old weather or terrorist threat

It's not going to be the same map as in the III era Los Santos, so it'll be hard to tell. Most streets will likely have different names, and it'll be a lot larger than the tiny Los Santos of GTASA.

I hope the map isn't unlocked from the go, I always looked forward to progressing far enough to unlock somewhere new to explore in all the previous games. I read in another thread that they might use wildfires as a disaster to lock parts of the map like the bridge closures in IV.

Although I don't think there will be that much of the world to lock off. Maybe a decent amount of missions in the city then you get a notice saying the countryside is avaliable. No 3 step islands like all the other games.

I think if anything, you'll probably start off in the heart of the downtown, and will probably only be restricted by missions here. If you freeroam, i think the whole city will be unrestricted. The countryside however, is an interesting part of the map, as it's the part we don't know much about yet. The outer city could be considerably bigger than LS, and this could be restricted in some way.

In GTA IV, if you traveled into a restricted zone, you'd get a maximum wanted level, to make exploration difficult. I can see that being the main way of stopping players traveling too far into the wilderness. I don't think there will be many if at all, any physical restrictions for some reason.

I'm not sure, I'm kinda leaning to an unrestricted map this time since they said they're taking a bold new step in story telling and etc...

Who knows though, it could be locked up.

This has been discussed somewhere before. Not closing the topic, because we don't have a proper topic for this, I'm just trying to think of what ideas people had for locking parts of the map. Fallen trees and wildfires, I believe.

Anyway, I suspect the countryside will be locked until a certain point, but I imagine the city will be open entirely.

I have a feeling you have to start in the countryside so maybe the city will be restricted at the beginning.

Other places that should be restricted are military bases, and certain parts of a police station (like in vice city).

I hope the map isn't unlocked from the go, I always looked forward to progressing far enough to unlock somewhere new to explore in all the previous games. I read in another thread that they might use wildfires as a disaster to lock parts of the map like the bridge closures in IV.

I agree with you with the wildfire disasters. But how about a genuine accident similar to the one in III, it was a lot more believable.

They could do something like having a lockdown because someone has been kidnapped so the police need to cordon off parts of the city.

From personal preference I would like to see areas locked... As mentioned above there is a certain satisfaction when you unlock a new section of map...

If they do decide to go against tradition though and have the whole map unlocked I suspect we would still see certain areas where an instant maximum wanted level would be given... Military installations, airports and such... Mainly to keep us from getting our hands on planes and helicoptors immediately.

due to the rise in police states across america, i wouldnt be surprised if they played with the idea of it in LS (roadblocks, barracades, check points) depending on the status of the character, maybe he cant pass said blocks, due to a warrant, or if there indeed is "multiple" characters, maybe the hispanic guy doesnt have a "green card"

wild fires could play a part, isnt that happening around L.A in current time?

although i dunno what that would really block you from, other than small towns, and countryside.

This has been discussed somewhere before. Not closing the topic, because we don't have a proper topic for this, I'm just trying to think of what ideas people had for locking parts of the map. Fallen trees and wildfires, I believe.

Anyway, I suspect the countryside will be locked until a certain point, but I imagine the city will be open entirely.

It was in the map topic. -_- I still think the LS River will be one way to separate the city.

I think you will start in the country. Your shot, dragged out to the countryside and dumped with the sole goal of seeking vengeance on the person responsible for shooting...

Which, btw, is the guy from the first trailer....the speach on the trailer is what he says before shooting you..

• Like 2

I think some areas should be locked off, so everything is not available at the beginning of the game. Like some side missions relate to a specific storyline mission, which could be triggered when you do the story mission in one area, leading you to the side missions allowing you to unlock them all over.

I think you will start in the country. Your shot, dragged out to the countryside and dumped with the sole goal of seeking vengeance on the person responsible for shooting...

Which, btw, is the guy from the first trailer....the speach on the trailer is what he says before shooting you..

I am a fan of this idea.

The episodes of Liberty City were not locked like in previous GTA games. I honestly would like the satisfaction of unlocking it since it'll be a lot bigger (meaning there should be more to explore before getting bored of the area like in IV).

I am a fan of this idea.

reminds me of the start of another game i love...

i suspect the entire map is open if it's just los santos and the surrounding countryside and towns... or if they really want to, they could make los santos an island and like fitty said, perhaps cut off by a river and restricted... but why would they keep you out of the biggest city they ever created for a 3rd of the game while you hunted in the woods for 6 hours?? i highly doubt they're going to restrict the map this time...

• Like 1

Building more on Q's idea - I would love to see some Tarantino-esque monologues from antagonists, basically an expanded version of the pre-execution dialogue in IV. It's always nice to see a villain go on a little rant before being killed.

That's all I'm going to say about it, lest we end up off-topic.

perhaps towns like blueberry, angel pine and palomino creek are actually decent sized towns this go around... i wouldn't mind being restricted to those places and the country for a while before los santos is available... but it's so early in the reveal to be talking about this... we still don't know what's out there besides los santos, a river and a mountain...

• Like 1

perhaps towns like blueberry, angel pine and palomino creek are actually decent sized towns this go around... i wouldn't mind being restricted to those places and the country for a while before los santos is available... but it's so early in the reveal to be talking about this... we still don't know what's out there besides los santos, a river and a mountain...

and a waterfall. But yeah, agreed. If it's a big area, we wont need restrictions.. We'll happen to come across it in a freeroam, or we'll be taken there within a mission. RDR map was huge, and i didn't discover half of the towns until i was taken there during a mission...

Hmm its a good question. I'd imagine you start off in the city, but yeah its going to be the biggest map yet and they're going in a new direction so I really wouldn't be surprised if it was all unlocked from the start. Unless something is crucial to the story and can't be spoilt, in that case I'd guess that they'd have bridges closed off and you may think hmm I'll just get a plane or helicopter and fly where I want, I think that this time round it won't be possible, you'll be labelled as a terrorist threat and thats where they bring in the jet(s). Basically you get proper fucked. :) lol

Sign in to follow this