I dont know if this just belongs in the weapons topic or if it is ok for its own, im not sure - i will do this anyway.

In GTA III we only had the Uzi for drivebys, then in Vice City we had a few different submachine guns to driveby with, when IV came along we could use pistols and projectiles, then we could fire a sawnoff shotgun from a motorbike in TLAD.

Do you guys think there will be more types of weapons we can fire from a car in GTA V? I think its about time we are able to fire any weapon from a vehicle.

I think this should really be in the wishlist topic more than it's own.

However the drive-by mechanic has vastly changed since San Andreas. I remember it being almost impossible for me to drive in SA. IV was improved by a great amount.

i think that in multiplayer you should be able to use any weapon if you are a passenger, but if you are the driver, you should only be able to use one-handed weaopns, such as pistols, smg's, sawnoff, and projectiles. it would be awesome to be in the passenger seat and be able to fire an assualt rifle.

True while it sounds like a wishlist post, i think that it is one of the top aspects of the game.

Guest Marney-1

As long as it stays on topic [about drive-bys] and doesn't wander off into a general weapons chat it can stay as its own disussion.

Hopefully you can use the RPG in boats & heli's on GTA V.

Firing an rpg from within an enclosed space such as a vehicle or small room would severely fuck up the person firing it and everyone else nearby, possibly even kill them but seeing as we're talking about a game then yeah, why not?

Edited by Marney-1

As long as it stays on topic [about drive-bys] and doesn't wander off into a general weapons chat it can stay as its own disussion.

Yeah, Joe's topics usually come off as something that should be in something else but winds up actually being a good topic making decent points.

Anyway yeah, I like how IV worked as stated above.

Firing an rpg from within an enclosed space such as a vehicle or small room would severely fuck up the person firing it and everyone else nearby, possibly even kill them but seeing as we're talking about a game then yeah, why not?

what if when firing an rpg from a car the player sits on the car door like you can do in multiplayer, like this

likeamovie.jpg

but like i said earlier that only passengers in the car can be able to shoot like this, for obvious reasons.

i think we should be able to fire 2 handed weapon from a car, but we cant steer while firing.

Rest it on the open window and secure it in.

Good idea I came up with myself. Saw that on an episode of Criminal Minds.

You should be able to fire an RPG from a passenger seat in a car. Sure, it's unrealistic as hell but it's one of those things that's acceptable when unrealistic.

This is one reason why i would love the main charactor to be a gang member.

For drive bys, it would be cool to not be the driver but still control the car. For example, say you shootin and a NPC is driving. You can use the appow pad ( or dial pad or whatever), to control his/ her driving. Press up to tel them to go faster, double press it to tell them to floor it, press down to slow down, doube press to stop, press lefy or right for them to turn on the next street, double press for a u turn, aim at a car and hold up to chase it, or aim at a person and hold up to run them over.

In some cars you have a sunroof, with that in mind, as a passenger you could literally fire rocket launchers from there as well as most other guns.

Obviously with vehicles like motorbikes it won't work.

Also a drive by on a bmx would be funny.

This is one reason why i would love the main charactor to be a gang member.

For drive bys, it would be cool to not be the driver but still control the car. For example, say you shootin and a NPC is driving. You can use the appow pad ( or dial pad or whatever), to control his/ her driving. Press up to tel them to go faster, double press it to tell them to floor it, press down to slow down, doube press to stop, press lefy or right for them to turn on the next street, double press for a u turn, aim at a car and hold up to chase it, or aim at a person and hold up to run them over.

I registered just to say this is one of the best ideas I have heard. Just like getting in a taxi buy holding "enter vehicle key", you'd be able to ride shotgun in any vehicle driven by a fellow game member. This is to assume they bring back followers similar to San Andreas but hopefully improved. Would also be handy if you were able to aim at a vehicle while on foot and hold up arrow to tell a member who is following you to take the wheel. Would be easy to implement and integrate.