I can think of about 3 reasons..

1. Some ppl enjoyed the phone feature.

2. Offers some really interesting stories and funny dialogue.. especially from Packie. Really added some depth.

3. What's the point of making friends if you can't do shit with'em when the story is over? That seems abit dull to me.

Like Marney and some of the other guys said. R* is going in a realistic direction and the little things like the friend feature makes it more realistic.. and above all that...

You can TURN YOUR PHONE OFF.

• Like 1

remember shooting a basketball in san andreas?? i don't care if i have to kick around a hacky sack in some QTE based activity for a while, or try to dance for a few minutes... tennis ain't so bad (if it's even an activity like massacre said), but you can bet your ass i will play whatever activity they give us...

as for friends, it's already been said... it's optional... they just add to the activity, makes it feel like you're hanging out with the people you get to know, or already know... sure roman seemed to call all the time, but every now and then you gotta pick him up if you're not doing anything... the taxi service made that super easy to handle...

didn't TBOGT turn the phone calls off, and instead giving you the option to call them??

• Like 2

You could always call them yourself but now that I think about it.. I don't recall Armando ever calling to hang out. Soo yes.

(@bOnEs)

The truth is, Im not that excited about GTA V if its going in the same direction as IV. Instead of "hey cousin, lets go bowling" every 10mins, it will be "hey Ned Luke, lets play tennis".

I really don't know why people moan about that when you can just turn your phone off?

Its annoying, especially since you need the phone for missions. You can turn the phone off after you complete the story line, sure... But otherwise if you turn it off its like pausing the game...

actually the frienship things arent optional, you need to do them for 100%.

the 100% list for GTA IV is something like:

-play darts with Jacob

-play pool with Jacob

-bowl with Jacob

-eat with Jacob

-see a show with Jacob

-drink with Jacob

-play darts with Packie

-play pool with Packie

etc.. etc...

so please stop saying its an optional feature.

you cant turn the phone off because you need it on to advance the storyline.

even you people that say those activities are just nice to be there, no one actually enjoys them enough to get very excited about.

i just dont get why rockstar bother, why not make the game 100% fun really awesome things. that way there will be alot more fun awesome things, not just a few they had time to make along side the boring stuff.

even you people that say those activities are just nice to be there, no one actually enjoys them enough to get very excited about.

i just dont get why rockstar bother, why not make the game 100% fun really awesome things. that way there will be alot more fun awesome things, not just a few they had time to make along side the boring stuff.

icon11.gif

Joe_King...you're wrong. They were optional. Getting 100% completion is optional. If you dont need to do them to finish the main storyline...I'd say its optional.

Im pretty sure when you do turn off your phone, the important calls to advance the story still come up. (might be wrong about this, but meh)

and speak for yourself what makes people excited.

Assuming you can play tennis, I think it would be a cool feature. I loved mario tennis lol. And their ping pong game got really good reviews hahaha.

So yah, it would be cool.

Im surprised bones was the first to mention basketball in SA. I was going to earlier then decided I didnt really give enough of a fuck to post in this topic. but after some kind of dumb posts I feel compelled to.

And I wouldnt worry about R* adding "really awesome things" to GTA V. Itll be there.

• Like 2

I wouldnt care if they put bowling or darts back but the dirt bike races, tennis, and golf (if we play actual holes, not just a driving range) i could see being fun and a good addition to the game. Just as long as they dont get boring quickly like bowling.

Id rather have robbery minigames than tennis, i think.

Now, if you could play tennis to build up skill, then use that skill along with a tennis racket and grenade... Well... Well that might be a differnent story

• Like 1

Id rather have robbery minigames than tennis, i think.

Now, if you could play tennis to build up skill, then use that skill along with a tennis racket and grenade... Well... Well that might be a differnent story

Yes i agree robbing minigames would be better than tennis but knowing rockstar they will put both in to satisfy all play styles. And hitting grenades with a tennis racket would be hilarious but i'd say a .001% chance thats put in lol

icon11.gif

There werent to many really awesome thngs in gta iv imo....

I agree but it was the first next gen game built from ground up. No time to make compelling side missions. that or they were "saving" them for the next game. either way im sure gta V will step up. a lot of people complained about the side games of IV.

they probably went with pool, bowling and darts cause little things like that are easy to implement.

Burglary missions would be more involved.

i liked darts, and i am an avid golfer so i definitely played that... but there was also turf wars and drug dealing... there's plenty of stuff to add to the fun, so why would you be upset that they added tennis?? get a grip folks, you can't always get what you want...

at least they're trying to immerse you in the world of los santos... i'll gladly play some tennis at the local country club if that's what ned luke wants to do...

• Like 1

I like how people are assuming you can play tennis. Peds do plenty of things you can't do; sitting on a bench, playing a saxophone, carrying an umbrella, other shit I don't remember. Don't be so quick to think we get a boring new minigame just because it's in a screenshot. R* is likely just showing off new ped interactions.

I was absolutely heartbroken when there was no busker-centric DLC.

i liked darts, and i am an avid golfer so i definitely played that... but there was also turf wars and drug dealing... there's plenty of stuff to add to the fun, so why would you be upset that they added tennis?? get a grip folks, you can't always get what you want...

at least they're trying to immerse you in the world of los santos... i'll gladly play some tennis at the local country club if that's what ned luke wants to do...

Obviously you're not a golfer.

• Like 1

I'd rather have activities like robbing banks, deliverin' kis, burglary and stuff like that to boost relationships with my criminal friends. A long with MX, parachuting and all that stuff as well, of course. But I wouldn't miss bowling, darts or comedy clubs tbh.

Yes, I'm excited about whatever minigames will be in GTA V. Whenever the game is released, you can bet I'll be trying everything R* designed and included. If it turns out not to be my cuppa, I'll just leave it, and not spend time whining about how easily bored I am.

icon11.gif

Joe_King...you're wrong. They were optional. Getting 100% completion is optional. If you dont need to do them to finish the main storyline...I'd say its optional.

wtf? how is completing the game, optional for completing the game? lol

icon11.gif

There werent to many really awesome thngs in gta iv imo....

I agree but it was the first next gen game built from ground up. No time to make compelling side missions. that or they were "saving" them for the next game. either way im sure gta V will step up. a lot of people complained about the side games of IV.

no time to make fun side stuff, but they had time to make bowling and other boring stuff. this is my point.

you can consider things like bowling and darts as "additional" features but i consider them replacements for the cool stuff.

oh and DiO, turning the phone off blocks everything, including the texts from stevie.

If anybody remembers from Grand Theft Auto 3 and they listened to the radio they may have remembered a commercial advertising a television show called Liberty City Survivors. I thought it would be cool if for a mission the incorporated that television show into Los Santos for GTA 5, and for a mission you had to participate in the T.V. program. Basically what you did is you had to drive around the city with a grenade launcher and when you see someone else participating you just kill them. Basically in order to pass the mission you had to wipe out all other contestants and you get the prize money in the end. Just something I thought would be interesting if it was added to GTA 5.

• Like 2

I think some of the mini activities like bowling, pool and darts weren't that bad and I would like to see them return especially pool.

I think IV wasn't as good as people were expecting simply because of the lack of storyline missions in comparison with San Andreas. I think SA had nearly 100 more storyline missions, which means it was twice as long as IV.

Activities such as drug dealing would be nice, but can't see how it would be implemented other than something like the drug runs in the Scarface game.

Maybe stuff like boxing could be enhanced (from San Andreas) with Boxing tournaments or similar Karate type tournaments.

Also I would like to see more phone box assassination missions, similar to the ones near the end of IV.

Also I want them marathon races from SA back where it involved cycling, swimming and running, the were long but good.