Guest Marney-1

I was just stating that was how it came across.

Obviously touched a nerve or two.

But it didnt come across like that at all

No fighting.

• Like 1

I favor the PS3 because the PSN seems more organised and the PS3 has better exclusives. I don't know what I'd do without my Dualshock 3.

XBOX is waaaaay more active though.. wich is good for online fighting games. DoA is the shit.

As already stated, it's all down to personal preference.

I own both an Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 console, although I rarely play console games, as I'd consider myself more of a hardcore PC gamer. I'd say they both have their advantages, such as Xbox Live's online features, but then again PlayStation Network's free online service. People complain that Xbox Live's online features are superior to that of PlayStation Network, but they need to remember that you need to pay for an Xbox Live subscription, PlayStation Network is a free-of-charge service.

Xbox and PlayStation are both great in their own, but PC gaming is far more superior. ;-)

As already stated, it's all down to personal preference.

I own both an Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 console, although I rarely play console games, as I'd consider myself more of a hardcore PC gamer. I'd say they both have their advantages, such as Xbox Live's online features, but then again PlayStation Network's free online service. People complain that Xbox Live's online features are superior to that of PlayStation Network, but they need to remember that you need to pay for an Xbox Live subscription, PlayStation Network is a free-of-charge service.

Xbox and PlayStation are both great in their own, but PC gaming is far more superior. ;-)

Bring me into the loop then. I bought a gaming PC last year and then I realized I don't know anything about PC gaming.

Bring me into the loop then. I bought a gaming PC last year and then I realized I don't know anything about PC gaming.

Do not worry, young grasshopper. All is well.

There is not really a lot to know about PC gaming, it's more of a learn-it-yourself situation. All you really need is a steam account, and you're ready to go. The graphics when playing any game via PC are far more superior to that of a console game. Also, there is countless modifications for most popular-branded PC titles e.g Grand Theft Auto IV. Modifications such as graphical enhancements, car modifications, or even a full re-vamp of the story line, it's an endless list which shall only increase. Then you have your sandbox genre games, such as Minecraft. It's really all down to personal preference.

If you'd like a little more information, feel free to drop me a private message. B)

Guest Marney-1

I think the browser on the PS3 is crap, it doesn't seem to have updated when you do a search. Why they couldn't just give it a Firefox browser or something I don't know but it's so bad I never use it for browsing the net.

Apart from that I don't have a problem with it.

I like 360 because it is what my friends play. I dont own a ps3 so i cannot compare them but they both have advantages and it is just personal preference. I also like the feel of the 360 controller

Own both but total preference towards my PS3, although i think that's because i'm used to the controller more than anything..along with blu-ray, and free online MP..

The only time i whip out the 360 is when i want to play L4D,DW5 Empires, or fable 1. I still don't understand why you have to pay money, no matter how small, to play online, unless there were specific benefits (I'm unsure if there is, please correct me if there is)

I'd go gaming pc but that's a price hike, and i feel it's not the same as gaming on a console....

Own a PS3, but prefer the Xbox.. Just know I won't get much in the UK selling a 20GB US PS3. I just found the community, and the multiplayer experience on the 360 more too my preference, also after owning an xbox and xbox 360 for so many years, I can't get used to the playstation controller anymore.

I don't play games consoles really anymore, I just play on the PC if I do play a game.

Graphics wise I would say the 360 is marginally better on most games that are released on both consoles, its mainly because developers I think still don't know how to properly utilise the PS3.

If you look at PS3 exclusive titles, the graphics are amazing, mainly because they can use the full processing power of the PS3.

Games like the Last of Us will be very good (especially in 1080p) when it is released.

quite honestly, i invested in the PS3 in 2008 because i thought the playstation would deliver the games i like... halo was of no interest to me, and when i continued to see FPS after FPS, i hoped that the PS3 would offer more variety... and in my opinion, it's given me a rich gaming experience... and not only with the exlusives, but also giving us great 3rd party experiences and network exclusives...

online was also never an issue for me... quite frankly, it's always been the least of my concerns, which is also xbox's strength, and one of the main arguments always brought up... for some of us, we just want to play the games, not spend our time shooting each other 4 hours a day...

• Like 1

I don't think you fully understand what you're getting into.

post-9-0-07495400-1346442007_thumb.jpg

Spoiler tag'd due to massive pic.

On topic, was a 360 loyalist back in the day. Chose it over the PS3 because the PS3 was $600 at the time and, well, fuck that shit. Now leaning more towards my PS3.

Edit: You're going to have to save that pic to read it, forums won't post it full size.

I've only ever had a PS2 & PS3s. GTA III had come out, and was console exclusive then; that's one of the reasons I bought the first one. Not a big multiplayer user (as the boys here can attest) so what the 360 offers isn't a perk for me. The PSN gets used all the time, on demos etc, and I rent lots of Bluray movies too.

It just makes sense to have different consoles for different styles of gaming.

I moved straight onto the PlayStation after my Sega Megadrive and have been a PS-Fanboy (shoutout) ever since. I have never and will never own an Xbox console, they feel dirty and foreign to me.

• Like 4

I played PS1 at my friends house when I was like 5. It was a car game where you had to smash into other cars in an arena - It was so awesome at the time. Then I got a PS2 and played all kinds of shit... Back then I didn't really care about "the newest of the new" so I didn't even acknowledge the Xbox 360, so I went straight to PS3 in like, 07.

I cba'd to start a new thread for this. Looks like Sony have redesigned the PS3 slim. I wonder if it's gonna be an upgrade in hardware like the 360 core - 360.2 elite etc... I hope not. I don't think consoles should have hardware upgrades half way through their life cycle. That normally means the older consoles wont keep up with the newer games developed...

anyway pics:

dsc01892-1348037287.jpg

dsc01879.jpg

dsc01884.jpg