Bluckmen

New GTA 5 Screenshots (Jet, Bike, Cheetah)

I'm still on the fence over whether the helicopter in the screenshots completely replaces the Maverick in the trailer or not. There's nothing stopping Rockstar from updating things over the course of a game's development. That includes the characters (Niko changed a little bit from the first trailer, John Marston had a much skinnier face originally), the vehicles (it's happened) and the map itself to suit their needs (although that's usually done early). I think they updated the military jet as well. It's still very similar to the one we saw in the first trailer so why have two?

to me, the only similarities are that it's a military jet with a twin tail... ok, I'm a little biased here as I'm earning my money in aviation, but still these are obviously two different aircraft by design.

of course they could've changed minds and remove the hydra to be replaced by this F16/F18 meshup, but I don't think they show both aircraft in such an explicit way to then remove one again.

but then again, the hydra in the trailer was quite buggy (i completely fail to find the lefthand tailplane even when looking at it frame by frame) so ... yeah... idk...

EDIT: but the maverick-thing you pointed out goes down the same river, it's 2 completely different A/C we're shown here... :mystery:

I can't believe how many people are complaining about the trees. Yes the trees are shit in GTA IV but it doesn't make the experience of playing it any less enjoyable. There's already an obvious improvement with the trees and other foliage and you're hardly going to notice the detail when running along, looking down your gun sights or flying past in your Cheetah. If Rockstar thought the trees and foliage needed a level of detail like "Lumberjack Simulator 3" then they would have done it but personally I'm more than happy with the marked improvements over IV we're seeing so far.

Horse%20tree%201.jpg

How often are you going to be staring at them this closely?

For me? Often xD.

I'm an exception though, as i'm thinking about how i could do it better. I do agree with your statement though. We wont be looking at the trees unless we're taking screenshots or something. We'll be focusing on the moving objects and the action.

ok here's a comparison why I think it's 2 different planes:

33130851.jpg

first, the wing: it's a mid-mounted wing in the screenshot with a very smooth transition line from the fuselage, in the trailer, it's a shoulder mounted wing with no smooth transition

and second, the intake area is totall different. in the screenshot, it lies below the main fuselage, in the trailer, it lies left and right of it. also, the screenshot plane lacks all the jibjab on the flanks of the intakes.

since I don't think R* changes the appearance of something that heavily, it looks like we'll get at least 2 fighter jets

off topic: where does the left picture of the hydra come from? or is it from SA and for reference?

We might, I think it's the same jet though. I hope we get more then one type of fighter jet like a P-51 Mustang or a bomber.

Guest Marney-1

I can't believe how many people are complaining about the trees. Yes the trees are shit in GTA IV but it doesn't make the experience of playing it any less enjoyable. There's already an obvious improvement with the trees and other foliage and you're hardly going to notice the detail when running along, looking down your gun sights or flying past in your Cheetah. If Rockstar thought the trees and foliage needed a level of detail like "Lumberjack Simulator 3" then they would have done it but personally I'm more than happy with the marked improvements over IV we're seeing so far.

Horse%20tree%201.jpg

How often are you going to be staring at them this closely?

For me? Often xD.

I'm an exception though, as i'm thinking about how i could do it better. I do agree with your statement though. We wont be looking at the trees unless we're taking screenshots or something. We'll be focusing on the moving objects and the action.

LOL yeah I look at everything close up myself tbh but I just thought it needed saying. :P

If you're talking about the left pic from the vehicle page, that was the image found in Max Payne 3's multiplayer docks map.

a'ight thanks

ok here's a comparison why I think it's 2 different planes:

33130851.jpg

first, the wing: it's a mid-mounted wing in the screenshot with a very smooth transition line from the fuselage, in the trailer, it's a shoulder mounted wing with no smooth transition

and second, the intake area is totall different. in the screenshot, it lies below the main fuselage, in the trailer, it lies left and right of it. also, the screenshot plane lacks all the jibjab on the flanks of the intakes.

since I don't think R* changes the appearance of something that heavily, it looks like we'll get at least 2 fighter jets

off topic: where does the left picture of the hydra come from? or is it from SA and for reference?

We might, I think it's the same jet though. I hope we get more then one type of fighter jet like a P-51 Mustang or a bomber.

I just noticed that too, maybe we really have 2 separate jets? As you can see, in a "trailer jet", theres jsut 6 missiles, and all of them are under the wing. There is no gasoline tanks like in the "screenshot jet". And in screenshot jet, the outer missiles are mounted at the tip of the wings.

the trailer jet looks like it might be a VTOL.

It might be an F-35 or a Harrier, but I think it's an F-35. I could be wrong though. An F-35 has one Engine on the back and so does the plane from the screenshot. A harrier does not have a back mounted engine on it, plus a Harriers tail has 3 wings in a triangle shape. An F-35 has two wings pointed somewhat straight up. The F-35 can also hover if anyone didn't know that also. Just a thought.

F-35:

marines_F35_1.jpg

Harrier:

Harrier002.jpg

I hope the Army (if they return....) use the hydras again, but not when you have 4 Stars and the SWAT hunts you, it was really pointles in Sa. So far I know the SWAT doesn't have acces to jets, but well, it was the Sa world^^....I really looking forward to some nice missions where hydras (or wahtever the name for the jet in GTA V is) will appear

I hope the Army (if they return....) use the hydras again, but not when you have 4 Stars and the SWAT hunts you, it was really pointles in Sa. So far I know the SWAT doesn't have acces to jets, but well, it was the Sa world^^....I really looking forward to some nice missions where hydras (or wahtever the name for the jet in GTA V is) will appear

That's true, i guess that we can kind of confirm that this jet has had changes since the trailer just like the police mavericks did. We can also confirm that there is a good chance the hydra is gone: I doubt there will be more than one fighter jet.

That's true, i guess that we can kind of confirm that this jet has had changes since the trailer just like the police mavericks did. We can also confirm that there is a good chance the hydra is gone: I doubt there will be more than one fighter jet.

There could be another fighter jet, at least maybe one more. Maybe a bomber.

the trailer jet looks like it might be a VTOL.

It might be an F-35 or a Harrier, but I think it's an F-35. I could be wrong though. An F-35 has one Engine on the back and so does the plane from the screenshot. A harrier does not have a back mounted engine on it, plus a Harriers tail has 3 wings in a triangle shape. An F-35 has two wings pointed somewhat straight up. The F-35 can also hover if anyone didn't know that also. Just a thought.

You need to remember that Rockstar mixes different makes/models for the vehicles. They don't put in replicas. This is why the vehicle discussions are so lengthy since everyone thinks a car looks like something different.

• Like 1