McGarry

WWE 13!

I watched wrasslin in the "Ruthless Agrression" era. Wich I found to be better than the ECW ripoff, "The Attitude Era". The match quality was better. Anyone remeber when Lesnar pushed that one-legged kid down a fight of stairs LMAO. Those were the days. Don't watch anything that's not a big PPV anymore. Aside from YouTube videos.

Day of Reckoning was the shit.

I remember the John Cena and Edge feud, it was the highlight of the Ruthless Aggression ERA!

Looks like they're trying to bring back everything I liked about wrestling and wrestling games from back in the day. Okay, I'm in. Still waiting for a huge price drop, but, I'm in.

Haha, it better be better than 12, it was glitchy as hell!

Prefer Kane with a mask... but not that one.

Yeah, when they bring back original stuff, it's good, but just doesn't feel the same. I think it's because we saw much madness in ATTITUDE ERA and RUTHLESS AGGRESSION, that it's just mediocre now, they have cursing back and the odd bit of blood.

Maybe because everything has been done now.

PG ERA or not, WRESTLEMANIA 28 was the best of all time, CM Punk is my favourite, he's got Paul Heyman as a manager and his an original character, Living Colour - Cult of Personality is his song :)

If you think Cult of Personality is good give his best(known) theme song a whirl. Great song, wish he returned to this.

Dislike Paul Heyman mainly because he's full of shit but he probably wouldn't be around if it wasn't for Lesnar. Ten years later and the guy still can't cut a promo.

Really? lol. I honestly think he's brilliant on the mic, and think Punk and Bryan are WWE's greatest stars, after Austin, Rock, Edge, Jercicho, etc.

Maybe it's Heyman's tone when he speaks has me liking him...Lesnar is mad, superhuman!!!

Miss Batista so I do.

Looks like they're trying to bring back everything I liked about wrestling and wrestling games from back in the day. Okay, I'm in. Still waiting for a huge price drop, but, I'm in.

Haha, it better be better than 12, it was glitchy as hell!

Yeah, when they bring back original stuff, it's good, but just doesn't feel the same. I think it's because we saw much madness in ATTITUDE ERA and RUTHLESS AGGRESSION, that it's just mediocre now, they have cursing back and the odd bit of blood.

PG ERA or not, WRESTLEMANIA 28 was the best of all time, CM Punk is my favourite, he's got Paul Heyman as a manager and his an original character, Living Colour - Cult of Personality is his song :)

If you think Cult of Personality is good give his best(known) theme song a whirl. Great song, wish he returned to this.

Dislike Paul Heyman mainly because he's full of shit but he probably wouldn't be around if it wasn't for Lesnar. Ten years later and the guy still can't cut a promo.

Really? lol. I honestly think he's brilliant on the mic, and think Punk and Bryan are WWE's greatest stars, after Austin, Rock, Edge, Jercicho, etc.

Maybe it's Heyman's tone when he speaks has me liking him...Lesnar is mad, superhuman!!!

Miss Batista so I do.

Good song btw!

If you don't like Paul Heyman, then you probably wont want to get this considering he wrote the majority of the story.

Wasn't referring to Heyman being unable to cut a promo. The guy is brilliant at them. Just something about the way he ran ECW rubbed me the wrong way. I had the misfortunate of watching it intermittently to the very end [the old internet scene was quite crap] and it was a dire affair. I don't like Lesnar/Triple H thought. It just isn't the way Lesnar should be used in the limited matches he have. HHH needs to retire properly and become the talent scout? he was meant to be.

Dafuq is that crap?

AFI's last good album ;)

I know what you mean, HHH has properly retired now I think, got his cut and all, though apparently he's behind this whole tag team revival and Diva push.

Once ECW came back in 2006, WWE owned it, was good, just not like old hardcore wrasslin'. WWE killed though from late 2008 onwards :(

Man i haven't batted an eye at the WWE since i saw the Great Khali fight the Bigshow but when i saw that WWE13 had the Attitude Era i was sold, pre-ordered the bastard yesterday, probably buy FAN AXXXES as well (TOO COOL FTW!!). Some of the greatest personalities were born in that era.

My question is, by bringing back Attitude Era are they admitting that their Modern Show sucks dog balls? Because it does...

So, anyone have this? I tend to receive gift cards for Christmas, trying to narrow down the list of what might be worth the use of said gift card.

I recently went over to a friends house and played it, the only thing that I like is the Attitude Era mode. Its pretty much a copy and paste of the last few games, I would spend that $60 on something else and buy this when its cheap.

Smackdown vs Raw 2007 was the last good wrestling game IMO, they just got worse after that. Haven't bought one since then, I had hopes that this new one might give new life to the series but I have to say I'm disappointed.

icon11.gif

Found a torrent for an old SvR game. '09

cant remember if thats is the one I hated. Gonna give it a shot. Runs on a ps3 emulator. So yah fuck buying a new one ahha. Its probably way better but whatever.

edit

yah its the one i hated haah.

i can find one for 2011 hopefully. totally can get one for '07

I gave up on the WWE games. I used to run a wrestling game site so THQ would send us a couple copies of the games after they were released, and since they were free I wasn't so picky about them, but the Storymode was always my biggest attachment to the game.

After I purchased WWE '12, I said enough. Just like the Madden games (and their horrible Franchise mode), I'll never buy another until they get their shit together and start producing something worth a damn.

WWE Here Comes the Pain was by far the best game they ever produced and had the most re-play value out of any of predecessors and successors.

Smackdown vs Raw 2007 was the last good wrestling game IMO, they just got worse after that. Haven't bought one since then, I had hopes that this new one might give new life to the series but I have to say I'm disappointed.

That was the one with the horrid stamina bar.

Not only did your guy naturally get fatigued and move slower, he has to keep stopping and refilling stamina bar. Ridiculous.

Yeah I think you could turn the stamina bar off, it was a good idea on their part just poorly executed. 07 may not of been perfect but its still much better than what they have been putting out recently.

Got this cheap on Black Friday. Was enjoying it at first, but then I found out there's no real story mode, which is fucking retarded. The closest thing is Attitude Era, which only has you playing as the regular characters. I spend hours creating my character, I want to see him in a fucking story mode.

Lesson learned. Back to never buying a wrestling game again, even on sale.

I have this game, I play it with my younger cousin, and tbh, I kind of despise him for asking me to get it. It's fun at times but it's very buggy and glitchy, feels like a beta. The Attitude Mode was cool until I saw the video packages, they made me realise just how far off the game mode is to the actual thing, it's just not that good imo.

Don't flush your cash like I did, because if you do, you'll find a piece of shit with "attitude" stamped on it backing up your toilet

I think I'm going to invest several hundred hours into making my own storyline, then come back and play it in a few months when I've forgotten that I was the one who made it.

Fifty bucks says I can do better than any story mode since WWF No Mercy. Fuck, I love that game.

• Like 1

no mercy is the best wrestling game ever... once they created the smackdown game, i stopped playing wrestling games all together... and shortly after, i stopped watching it too... i find myself occassionally palying no mercy again because of the vast storyline, character creation, and having the ability to set up shows with titles on the line... that shit was fun, i spent countless hours creating my own storylines in my head with no mercy...

sounds like massacre needs to take this game back and get hitman absolution :D...

I used to play the hell out of No Mercy. I haven't played a wrestling game since SvR 2011...which I really liked. I loved the universe mode. So I strongly think I'm going to pick this one up.

The only problem I see is that the graphics kinda went the way of WWE: All Stars

icon11.gif

I've been watching all the raw's from '97. Just before the attitude era started. Right now its the Bret Hart vs Stone Cold feud where Bret bashes America. Fucking awesome feud. Amazing dynamic of Bret being HATED in the US but loved every where else in the world.

Beats the fuck out of anything WWE does today.

icon11.gif

I might get back into TNA. I was for awhile and it was better. One thing that did turn me away from it is Kurt Angle was working some "I'm an MMA fighter" story and they had a fake MMA fight. In most wrestling matches they will throw some fake looking punches, in the fake MMA matcch, it was all fake punches. I dont know what the fuck they were thinking. Sometimes I think I could be a fuckin better match booker/writer for wrestling, seriously.

edit

I mean really, all TNA fans are older than the WWE audience, we know its fake. Don't try and compare it to REAL fighting directly. It was fucking stupid.

[/endrant]