Sign in to follow this  
GunSmith

License Transfer Question

Hello,

I have a question about transferring licenses for content on Xbox Live.

If I were to receive the license for a DLC (namely BF3 Premium), would the donating party still keep the content?

(Cock-knockin' EA charging fitty dollas...)

Much obliged,

GunSmith117

If you transfer the liscense, assuming it is possible, the original party wont be able to use the jank, because you transferd th liscence...

Dur da dur

I did it to receive Minecraft. Since this is BF3 premium however, I doubt it'll work because your donating party connected his Xbox account to the premium, not yours and it is only valid for 1 account.

Also don't license transfer more than once between a few months to a year or so because I had a friend who had his account suspended twice (two different accounts) for doing it twice in a short amount of time.

Edit: Qd, when you purchase content, you receive a license to use that content. The license has two parts: the system license and the local license. The system license applies to the gamertag that purchases the content, and the local license applies to the console where you first downloaded the content.

I remember when I used to do this on PS3, it was so much simpler and you could do it X amount of times without getting caught. That's how I got a lot of stuff for free, then when I bought something I returned the favor to my friend, no questions asked.

I did it to receive Minecraft. Since this is BF3 premium however, I doubt it'll work because your donating party connected his Xbox account to the premium, not yours and it is only valid for 1 account.

With Minecraft though, does it not allow you to play multiplayer when the donated player is on at the same time? That's how it works on the PC version anyway.

I'm able to any multiplayer, sometimes I get. Message when I try to join directly from the dashboard that it is trial but I ignore it and it works