jobo

Sons of Anarchy

Would it drift too far off topic if you elaborated? Curious what you mean.

If you mean the way the MC acts, FX wanted Kurt Sutter to stuff some drama into the show, so the characters are kind of bitchy and unrealistic sometimes.

More the dynamics of the club. Don't get me wrong. I'm not an expert but in my experience, a club might give a bit of leniency to someone's son but he is still going to drag his arse through shit to prove himself. You don't get a free ride coz of daddy. And the whole patching over thing... I know it's a show and they're using a great deal of poetic licence. But it's judt too long of a bow to draw for me. I didn't relate to the characters because I couldn't see them in that lifestyle.

Jax is definitely too soft in the first few seasons, but he grows into it later. I vaguely remember some backstory about how Jax made it to VP in the first place, but I don't remember well enough to justify his position in the early seasons. Chibs fits in extremely well, Juice has the personality of a prospect, Tig is legit, if you look past the comic relief aspects of the character. Bobby just seems burnt out from the beginning. Did you get far enough in the series to see the nomad chapter? The main nomad is a hardcore motherfucker, but doesn't say much. All in all, the usual television bullshit interfered with how the show turned out. They had to bullshit a lot of things and dumb down a lot of things so the average person could relate to the characters.

I don't remember the patching over thing you're referring to, but I'm familiar with it in the real world. It does happen, usually to prevent bloodshed and keep a smaller club from getting wiped out like the dinosaurs, but it's rare. Typically, the clubs that matter can just scare the newbies and keep them in check without pulling a gun.

Fair enough.

I guess the subject is a little close to home for me and MC clubs seem to be a very different culture in the US.

I couldn't get into it even though as I said it was recommended by a friend who usually has very similar tastes to mine.

Coincidentally, I lent it to a friend I grew up with and he made a lot of the same points.

I'm loving this season, just one great episode after another.

Galen was an excellent villain, the kind you love to hate. The actor who played him was a smug scummy looking piece of shit so I'm sure that added to it. Jax taking him out the way he did was badass but it felt a bit quick, thought he should have suffered more for what he did to the club(And for just being such a terrible person in general).

Was surprised when

clay

died, didn't expect that to happen until the last episode considering what Kurt Sutter said about Hamlet being a big influence on the show and where that character would fit in if that was the case. It seems Nero is taking over that role now, not complaining though because Nero is awesome, but him being such a likable good-hearted character is only going to make it that much sadder when shit finally goes down next season.

Oh, and fuck Tara.

The least expected one.

Also, <_< at the look in the cop/detective/whatever's eye when she came across the scene. There's no way that could realistically be pinned on him, but it's going to happen anyway.

The least expected one.

Also, <_< at the look in the cop/detective/whatever's eye when she came across the scene. There's no way that could realistically be pinned on him, but it's going to happen anyway.

District Attorney* and no their is no logical way, but it will happen.

I feel like Juice is the new Clay, Jax is the new Otto, Gemma is still Gemma, Bobby is the new Jax.

I knew Tara had it coming, but the damn cop? Useless character in the show. He came in initially as some sort of badass cop that was going to fight the MC, ended up in a corner masturbating, his wife died, and he basically stopped giving a shit altogether.

They could have done a better job with him.

• Like 1

icon11.gif

the only way it could play out really. Other then the lame outcome of Tara being all "Ya sorry, not gonna rat on you. want a blowjob?"

it was pretty brutal. But ive found tara just annoying for while.

I know, I'm not bothered, just shocked.... I thought it would play out a bit different fuck the law and all that jazz

i didn't realize jimma was that cold blooded