Sign in to follow this  
Brian

The Conspiracy/Paranormal Topic

A bit of a long read, but worth it: The Dyatlov Pass incident generally refers to the mysterious deaths of nine ski hikers in the northern Ural mountains on the night of February 2, 1959. The incident happened on the east shoulder of the mountain Kholat Syakhl (Холат-Сяхыл) (a Mansi name, meaning Mountain of the Dead). The mountain pass where the incident occurred has since been named Dyatlov Pass (Перевал Дятлова) after the group's leader, Igor Dyatlov (Игорь Дятлов).

The lack of eyewitnesses has inspired much speculation. Soviet investigators simply determined that "a compelling natural force" had caused the deaths. Access to the area was barred for skiers and other adventurers for three years after the incident. The chronology of the incident remains unclear because of the lack of survivors.

Investigators at the time determined that the hikers tore open their tent from within, departing barefoot into heavy snow and a temperature of −30 °C (−22 °F). Although the corpses showed no signs of struggle, two victims had fractured skulls, two had broken ribs, and one was missing her tongue.

Journalists reporting on the available parts of the inquest files claim that it states:

• Six of the group members died of hypothermia and three of fatal injuries.
  • There were no indications of other people nearby apart from the nine travelers on Kholat Syakhl, nor anyone in the surrounding areas.
  • The tent had been ripped open from within.
  • The victims had died 6 to 8 hours after their last meal.
  • Traces from the camp showed that all group members left the camp of their own accord, on foot.
  • To dispel the theory of an attack by the indigenous Mansi people, Dr. Boris Vozrozhdenny stated that the fatal injuries of the three bodies could not have been caused by another human being, "because the force of the blows had been too strong and no soft tissue had been damaged".
  • Forensic radiation tests had shown high doses of radioactive contamination on the clothes of a few victims.
  • Released documents contained no information about the condition of the skiers’ internal organs. Some researchers claim some facts were missed, perhaps ignored, by officials:

• 12-year-old Yury Kuntsevich, who would later become head of the Yekaterinburg-based Dyatlov Foundation (see below), attended five of the hikers' funerals and recalls their skin had a "deep brown tan".
    • Some of the hikers' clothing (2 pants and sweater) were found to be highly radioactive.
    • Another group of hikers (about 50 kilometers south of the incident) reported that they saw strange orange spheres in the night sky to the north (likely in the direction of Kholat Syakhl) on the night of the incident. Similar "spheres" were observed in Ivdel and adjacent areas continually during the period of February to March 1959, by various independent witnesses (including the meteorology service and the military). These were later proven to be launches of R-7 intercontinental missiles by Eugene Buyanov.
    • Some reports suggest that there was a great deal of scrap metal in the area, leading to speculation that the military had utilized the area secretly and might have been engaged in a cover-up.
    • The last camp of Dyatlov group was located on direct way from Baikonur Cosmodrome (from where some test launches of intercontinental missile R-7 were executed) to Chyornaya Guba, Novaya Zemlya archipelago (where was major nuclear testing ground of the Soviet Union).

Dyatlov_Pass_incident_02.jpg

It's not uncommon for people to lose their minds on expeditions like that, especially cold ones.

All those homeless you see that sound like they smoke pot 24/7? It's an effect of hypothermia from living through the cold cold nights. Affects the brain.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Clearly, they were attacked by test subjects from a pre-war experiment by the Chinese. They attempted to develop radioactive supermen, and instead created something akin to a Super Mutant crossed with a Glowing One. The creatures were viciously hostile and proceeded to make their escape from the research facility, killing everything in their path. In trying to capture the test subjects, the Chinese inadvertently chased the creatures into Russia, where they ultimately disappeared into the mountains. To this day, the creatures continue to roam the mountainous regions of Russia and China, attacking anyone unfortunate enough to wander too close to their home.

Anyone who claims to have been attacked by a yeti in these areas is mistaken, as yetis are peaceful creatures. In reality, they have encountered one of these Radbeasts and were lucky enough to escape their horrid, radioactive grasp.

• Like 1

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Clearly, they were attacked by test subjects from a pre-war experiment by the Chinese. They attempted to develop radioactive supermen, and instead created something akin to a Super Mutant crossed with a Glowing One. The creatures were viciously hostile and proceeded to make their escape from the research facility, killing everything in their path. In trying to capture the test subjects, the Chinese inadvertently chased the creatures into Russia, where they ultimately disappeared into the mountains. To this day, the creatures continue to roam the mountainous regions of Russia and China, attacking anyone unfortunate enough to wander too close to their home.

Anyone who claims to have been attacked by a yeti in these areas is mistaken, as yetis are peaceful creatures. In reality, they have encountered one of these Radbeasts and were lucky enough to escape their horrid, radioactive grasp.

Road trip!

• Like 1

It's not uncommon for people to lose their minds on expeditions like that, especially cold ones.

All those homeless you see that sound like they smoke pot 24/7? It's an effect of hypothermia from living through the cold cold nights. Affects the brain.

I wonder if California homeless are affected similarly.

Not Superman. Just supermen. Genetically enhanced soldiers, not the last remnant of Krypton.

And radioactive, because that's what the kids were into back then.

Oh, makes more sense now.

YOU JUST PROVIDED THE REASON AS TO WHY RUSSIANS ARE CRAZY. Mind blown

YOU JUST PROVIDED THE REASON AS TO WHY RUSSIANS ARE CRAZY. Mind blown

You've never met Russian's, they're totally stoic people unless you somehow manage to piss them off. Plus, the majority of Russian people are well equipped for the cold weather that don't get all year round (look at images/google maps, the snow is only in the northern-most areas for most of the year I think. The nights are cold still, but unless you're amongst the very poorest (all those Chechen immigrants etc) you're typically kitted out for the weather there. Russians are amongst the most practical people.

I once heard the story of a group of Russian men who would get drunk on vodka and do a series of challenges together to see who among them was the most badass. They would hit each other with bats, jump of roofs, burn themselves with cigarettes, etc. all trying to one up the other. One day while they sat around drinking, one of the men arrived with a machete. He walked over to his friends, handed one of them the machete, and said "cut my fucking head off". He didn't have to ask twice.

I believe every word too.

• Like 1

I once heard the story of a group of Russian men who would get drunk on vodka and do a series of challenges together to see who among them was the most badass. They would hit each other with bats, jump of roofs, burn themselves with cigarettes, etc. all trying to one up the other. One day while they sat around drinking, one of the men arrived with a machete. He walked over to his friends, handed one of them the machete, and said "cut my fucking head off". He didn't have to ask twice.

I believe every word too.

A member here was a dealer in college and when a drug deal went wrong attempted to disarm a guy with a gun (what a fucking badass). Other people will have the deetz on this, i didn't really know vlad

• Like 1

Vlad was cool, but idk if i feel sorry for him. Drug dealers live that kind of life by choice. Dont know all the details, but.. Meh.

Re crazy russians, i just read an article where a russian man stole an entire road, now that is hard core...

Vlad was cool, but idk if i feel sorry for him. Drug dealers live that kind of life by choice. Dont know all the details, but.. Meh.

Re crazy russians, i just read an article where a russian man stole an entire road, now that is hard core...

Highway robbery..... I'll show myself out.

• Like 1

This is completely off the topic of Russians but this happened on the radio here a week or so ago. Does anyone have a clue what this might be?

https://soundcloud.c...ference-8-26-13

Some of it is basic bleed in, from other radio station and or general broadcast, then theres a number station read out. The signal is being hijacked.

Have you actually heard it yourself or has somebody uploaded it saying that's what they got? I've produced hoaxes like this in my time. The return to general music was WAY too fluent for a hijack. If a signal is hijacked it is never that fluent to enter out.

TVBC hijacking:

Look at how it flickers in, the hijacking and flickers out on exit. Hijacking a tv broadcast is similar to a radio hijack, evidencing the fact that it would not be fluent to enter/exit.

Here's a hijack with audio that gets progressively shittier on exit, more evidence the entry/exit of the hijack would not be that fluent.

again, did you hear it yourself?