Massacre

The Food Topic

My son loves Minecraft, so i decided to make his birthday party 'craft themed. Sort of fits in with food...

Hecp4Nd.jpg

RU0Fo4M.jpg

KEpXcwS.jpg

xV2oTLX.jpg

I made the grass/dirt blocks from homemade brownie, fondant with green colouring.

The 'diamond ore' block at the bottom is a piñata full of candy, which i hand made too. The kids had a great time cracking that open with the iron pickaxe.

• Like 7

Incredible, Dupz. I bet he was overjoyed. If I ever have a sprog or two...you are what I will aspire to be like :)

• Like 1

I am baking cupcakes while watching pin up girl movies. It feels like a Fallout "before" picture in here, all I need is a beehive and some dark red lipstick.

• Like 5

I am baking cupcakes while watching pin up girl movies. It feels like a Fallout "before" picture in here, all I need is a beehive and some dark red lipstick.

I have unconditional love for you GRL

• Like 1

Oh, Synch... :blush:

Speaking of bacon, did you see the new emojis!!?

:bacon::monocle::facepalm:

:weed:  :bacon:  :weed:  :bacon:  :weed:

OMFG did you add those?

you RULE!!

(Bows......kisses feet, runs away before I get melee'd)

• Like 1

You can thank Fitty...he wandered into chat to find Massacre and I gleefully plotting shenanigans, and generally getting carried away...we caught him in an indulgent mood. B)

• Like 2

Proof the cupcakes were real:

DSC08542_zpsssvcn8jq.jpg

Super moist, spongy, deeply chocolately cupcakes, that no one believed contain no milk or eggs.

Choice of vanilla bean buttercream or chocolate buttercream (a shout out to Bronson for the chocolate frosting recipe).

Dup, I made these for a baby shower for my gamer buddy nacholancer, he and his wife are expecting their first any day now...I sent him a link to your Minecraft b-day pics above and he absolutely loved it! He said his little one should be big enough by Halloween to be a Yoda on his back. :lol:

• Like 1

The scope of my genus is astounding. Breakfast this morning. Toast with jalapeños...this is why I shouldn't be left alone.post-57-0-77783900-1434288660_thumb.jpg

The scope of my genus is astounding. Breakfast this morning. Toast with jalapeños...this is why I shouldn't be left alone.attachicon.gifimage.jpg

nasty ass shit.

I have to stop going into the backyard...I keep coming back in with rhubarb and pies ensue. With orange zest and a pinch of cardamom.

also, nasty ass shit.

rhubarb? why not just let someone shit down your mouth. way less effort

Wow dude...I've never met anyone who hated rhubarb so much, didn't realize it was so controversial.

You're quite wrong -- that pie is fucking fantastic, sweet, tart, citrusy, in a nice flaky crust -- but you'll never, ever eat my pie, Qd.

• Like 2

My strawberry-rhubarb pie is legendary, but it's too early for strawberries, so I made rhubarb-only pie for the first time. The orange zest elevates it, I'll use that from now on. 

Wow dude...I've never met anyone who hated rhubarb so much, didn't realize it was so controversial.

You're quite wrong -- that pie is fucking fantastic, sweet, tart, citrusy, in a nice flaky crust -- but you'll never, ever eat my pie, Qd.

Requesting Blueberry Crumb with lots of pics, and having it dedicated to me :)

• Like 1

Who knew rhubarb was a love-it-or-hate-it food? It must be like cilantro, where some people taste it differently than others. The more you know!

===

I've scoured all my recipe sources over the years for a good blueberry pie recipe, one that doesn't turn into dark blue soup...my go-to is an open faced tart, 3 cups of berries cook in the tart shell, then it gets finished with 2 more cups of fresh berries pressed in afterwards. No room for crumb topping. :)

Blueberries will be in season in another couple of months, I'll tempt you with pics then. :)

• Like 1

Who knew rhubarb was a love-it-or-hate-it food? It must be like cilantro, where some people taste it differently than others. The more you know!

===

I've scoured all my recipe sources over the years for a good blueberry pie recipe, one that doesn't turn into dark blue soup...my go-to is an open faced tart, 3 cups of berries cook in the tart shell, then it gets finished with 2 more cups of fresh berries pressed in afterwards. No room for crumb topping. :)

Blueberries will be in season in another couple of months, I'll tempt you with pics then. :)

Sounds great! I don't know exactly how they do it, but there's a place here that makes the best blueberry pie I've ever had. It was the blueberry filling but also a whipped cream type filling. It has a different taste than usual whipped cream though. My grandma gets it for my birthday each year. Either that or blueberry crumb would have to be my absolute favorite type of pie. Never had anything else that matched it. 

• Like 1

Now I'm curious about what's in the mystery cream filling (;)) - maybe ask your grandma which bakery she gets it from and see if an online description is available...maybe it's a pastry cream (more like a vanilla pudding) instead of whipped cream? I tend to avoid dairy and eggs when I can because of family food allergies, but certain things can be adapted without any trouble.

Now I'm hungry...again... :P

• Like 1