Massacre

The Food Topic

Bought some Queso Fresco and tried it for the first time, I love it. Seeing as it didn't melt much in my quesadillas tonight, can I pan fry it by itself like halloumi?

@Brian - you can absolutely fry queso fresco or blanco like halloumi, saganaki style.

Love asparagus, it's worth the horrible pee smell afterwards. Good on the grill, too.

Edit: our rivers have receded from spring flooding, enough so fiddleheads will be sprouting on riverbanks any day now...if you like asparagus, you'd probably like fiddleheads too. YUM

• Like 1

Wrap asparagus in bacon and grill it.

Wrap anything in bacon and grill it...

Scallops

Agreed. Over a grill, I have to weave bacon knots so my strips don't fall into the fire. As it cooks, it gets rendered into a solid, juicy, self-basted bacon steak. (Y)

Edited by GunSmith

^Inverted, no less...

:roll:

I love spring because it's just the beginning of a long season of wonderful things to eat and BBQ. Yesterday I grilled red pepper slices and whole portobello mushroom caps, smeared it with black pepper goat cheese (which melted and got all gooey), then put it on a toasted bagel with a slice of red onion. Ate it with a side of mixed greens with toasted almonds and cranberries, made a grainy Dijon mustard dressing. Amazing. Today I made a pesto out of fiddleheads, toasted walnuts, roasted garlic, parmesan, lemon, vinegar and olive oil. Had it on linguine. Fucking incredible, never made it before.

Next will be rhubarb, then strawberries, then a parade of veggies and fruit. I'm all out of preserves so this is going to be a fun year doing jam, pickles, beets, pies...
:shlick:

• Like 4