Massacre

The Food Topic

I'm cooking a meal for the misses for Valentine's.

Not sure if it goes, as I've never had them together before but i'm doing a Wild Mushroom with Parsley soup. Followed by a Lobster Linguine with garlic, cherry toms, basil and asparagus, and a splash of white wine.

And for dessert, i'm attempting a lemon-musi using unwaxed sicilian lemons.

And a couple of bottles of Pinot.

• Like 1

I'm cooking a meal for the misses for Valentine's.

Not sure if it goes, as I've never had them together before but i'm doing a Wild Mushroom with Parsley soup. Followed by a Lobster Linguine with garlic, cherry toms, basil and asparagus, and a splash of white wine.

And for dessert, i'm attempting a lemon-musi using unwaxed sicilian lemons.

And a couple of bottles of Pinot.

Jesus christ, well done. I wonder how surprised she was.

I've been trying to go very low carb diet, just to see if it'll help cutting and whether I can sustain it or not. This is roughly my plan for tomorrow:

Meal 1: Americano, 2 scoop protein shake

Meal 2 + 3: 500g chicken, 100g mixed leaf salad, 30g low fat cheese, 30g light mayonnaise, mixed together and seasoned with Tabasco sauce.

Gym

Meal 4: 2 scoop protein shake 

Meal 5: 336g tuna, 100g brocolli

Meal 6: 1 whole egg, 5 egg whites, 30g low fat cheese

I've been trying to go very low carb diet, just to see if it'll help cutting and whether I can sustain it or not. This is roughly my plan for tomorrow:

Meal 1: Americano, 2 scoop protein shake

Meal 2 + 3: 500g chicken, 100g mixed leaf salad, 30g low fat cheese, 30g light mayonnaise, mixed together and seasoned with Tabasco sauce.

Gym

Meal 4: 2 scoop protein shake 

Meal 5: 336g tuna, 100g brocolli

Meal 6: 1 whole egg, 5 egg whites, 30g low fat cheese

Look into intermittent fasting.

Yeah I've looked at it before, from my understanding there are a few variations but not sure if I can do it. I've seen the 16 hour overnight fast (basically skip breakfast), and the 5:2 fast (2 days <500 calories). Not sure if I can physically do it though. Which is why I'm just trying intermittent carb-only fasting (6:1). It's all about experimenting and seeing what works for you I suppose. The science behind dieting and exercise is sketchy most of the time.

I chose tonight as my first grilling night of the year. Dinner was steak, salmon, mushrooms and onions, corn, and a baked potato. Everything on that list was cooked on the grill, except for the potato. I did set it on the grill to keep warm while everything else was cooking, though.

• Like 2

I still don't understand English breakfast. I mean it has eggs, toast, and sausage which is like any other breakfast usually, then it becomes a clusterfuck with mushrooms and baked beans?

You're right, Brian. It also needs more bacon, more hash browns, black pudding, white pudding, half a grilled tomato, tinned tomatoes, fried bread, scrambled egg and more baked beans...And a pint.

• Like 2