Massacre

The Food Topic

Bourbon maple marinated center cut pork loin wrapped with a few layers of hickory bacon sprinkle with some mesquite seasoning and a side of applewood smoked bacon taters. Not bad for a bachelor in a camper.

• Like 3

This is a brown sugar pound cake. It has a browned butter glaze. I serve it with homemade lemon curd and fresh berries, this time it was blueberries as big as my thumb.

brownsugarpoundcake_zps6c2d097a.jpg

• Like 2

Got about 3.5kg of rump steak yesterday that has marinated over night. About a third of that has bee in the dehydrator since 8am and is nearly ready. The rest I will leave marinating for the next 36 hours. I fucking love jerky.

• Like 1

The harvest season is gearing up here, my favourite time of year. Potatoes, corn, blueberries, carrots, beans, raspberries, beets, chard, cherries, tomatoes...it goes on and on. I need to make pickles this year, we're on the last jar. Yum!

• Like 1

I made so much strawberry jam last year, I didn't need to make any this year. In another month or so, we'll go apple picking, then the pie marathon will begin. There's no better way to tell winter to fuck off than baking a pie made with apples you picked yourself.

• Like 2

I went strawberry picking with my son last week.

We had so much, we decided to make some jam. I'm tempted to make some chutneys this year too.

I make chilli chutney most seasons. Can't really eat spicy food with the little ones so good chutney is the next best option.

• Like 1

I've never made chutney. I do still have one jar left of a rather sublime jalapeno jelly from two summers ago, it's amazing on burgers and sammies.

I made so much strawberry jam last year, I didn't need to make any this year. In another month or so, we'll go apple picking, then the pie marathon will begin. There's no better way to tell winter to fuck off than baking a pie made with apples you picked yourself.

have you ever hit up the Valley in NS? Should check out the Apple Blossom fest. ever fall there.

• Like 1

I've heard many things about the beauty and bounty of the Annapolis Valley, would love to visit NS and get to know it better someday. I've only spent a short time in Halifax to see the tall ships, and a bit of camping on the SW coast, past Lunenberg and down near the LaHave islands. Haven't done the northern side or Cape Breton yet. Or the Island yet, for that matter.

In my neck of the woods, thanks to the Saint John River and the Bay of Fundy, we're similarly surrounded by farmers, fishermen and artisans, with easy access to local fruit, veggies, honey, meat, crafts and pottery...can't be much different than you guys, I'm sure. Go Canada! Go East Coast!

• Like 1

Homemade blueberry turnovers with lemon glaze. By me.

Pretty quartz style work top and what looks like mosaic tiles. :)

• Like 1

Unless I'm mistaken, the prawns aren't shelled. So you'd have to be pretty pissed to eat one accidentally. Looks fucking good though.