Massacre

The Food Topic

Someone challenged me to eat this thing...

575f9bd2a6bd11e38645127f205c258e_8.jpg

...It;s called the devil dog, and it had the hottest sauce I've ever tasted in my life. I love hot food, and i'm always generous with my chilies in curry's and other hot foods. But this was just pure volcanic. I did manage to finish it. But damn, the milk did nothing!

• Like 1

Anybody got any tips for QUICK meals (~500 calories), preferably 1:1 carbs and protein, low fat. I'm so sick of eating half a kilo of turkey and rice.

My friend suggested a can of chickpeas, two cans of tuna, a can of sweetcorn, and a diced onion. Mix it together, split it in two, then add some light mayonnaise when you want to eat it. Only takes about 5 minutes to make, or however long it takes you to open 4 cans.

It helps if I can make it in advance and eat it later at work, but warm food for dinner is good too. For the next 9 weeks, food is just fuel :(.

Cook one cup of quinoa. In a big bowl, open one can of beans (chickpeas, kidney beans, mixed beans, black beans), whichever one you have or like best. Add one tin of quartered artichokes and a tin or two of tuna. Add some sliced manzanilla olives, whole kalamata olives (the sliced, bland canned ones should be banned), and/or capers.

Blend with the quinoa. Check seasoning, you could add some olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper etc, or just leave as is. Will keep for days tightly sealed. That's all cans or jars, plus cooking quinoa which is same as making rice; high protein right there.

If you have the time or inclination, here are other optional ingredients: finely chopped onion, carrot, celery, sweet peppers, herbs, green onions. The veggies work uncooked (in which case tomato/cucumber/red onion are also options) but I find they're better sauteed first with some salt, pepper, cumin and lemon, chili flakes if you like it hot. Toss with the beans/tuna/artichoke mixture before adding the quinoa. There's room for lots of variations depending on what you like and what you have in the pantry.

At eating time, feel free to add more 'salad dressing' type ingredients, lemon/vinegar, a bit of olive oil, hot sauce, a good bottled dressing; or tahini and sesame oil are a nice variation on mayo. It's tasty hot, cold or room temp. Eat with a chunk of bread, pita or toasted bagel for the carbs.

• Like 1

Anybody got any tips for QUICK meals (~500 calories), preferably 1:1 carbs and protein, low fat. I'm so sick of eating half a kilo of turkey and rice.

My friend suggested a can of chickpeas, two cans of tuna, a can of sweetcorn, and a diced onion. Mix it together, split it in two, then add some light mayonnaise when you want to eat it. Only takes about 5 minutes to make, or however long it takes you to open 4 cans.

It helps if I can make it in advance and eat it later at work, but warm food for dinner is good too. For the next 9 weeks, food is just fuel :(.

Eat sandwiches. Shit's fucking delicious, endless combinations, and you can make it as healthy or unhealthy as you like.

I usually take two routes - Turkey and provolone with mayo and shredded lettuce or Ham, any cheese I'm feeling that day, shredded lettuce, mayo, and pickles. I use all types of bread and wraps.

When I was cutting before football I was eating two meals a day and my sandwiches would be turkey and sargento low fat provolone with mayo or mustard and shredded lettuce on Arnold honey wheat sandwich thins, and then sometimes I'd bake it at 400 degrees for 5 minutes or so to get the bread crusty meat warm and cheese melty. Good shit. I just bought the meats in the containers at the grocery store, good variety and healthy. Lastly they're easy to pack.

I only like my lettuce shredded.

Sammies offer infinite variety, Brian, but it sounds like Indy doesn't have the luxury of time to build sandwiches for the next while, nor do they have the shelf life he probably needs.

Indy, sounds like your life will be like mine back when I worked in opera...long hours, little sleep, not much time for breaks, only time to shovel food in and right back at it. Good luck getting through the next nine weeks. Let me know if you try my quinoa idea.

They take no time really, slap some meat and cheese and spread some mayo on that bitch, and then wrap it up, good to go in 5.

Quinoa sounds awesome though.

Chickpeas taste good, and they are meaty

Cook one cup of quinoa. In a big bowl, open one can of beans (chickpeas, kidney beans, mixed beans, black beans), whichever one you have or like best. Add one tin of quartered artichokes and a tin or two of tuna. Add some sliced manzanilla olives, whole kalamata olives (the sliced, bland canned ones should be banned), and/or capers.

Blend with the quinoa. Check seasoning, you could add some olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper etc, or just leave as is. Will keep for days tightly sealed. That's all cans or jars, plus cooking quinoa which is same as making rice; high protein right there.

If you have the time or inclination, here are other optional ingredients: finely chopped onion, carrot, celery, sweet peppers, herbs, green onions. The veggies work uncooked (in which case tomato/cucumber/red onion are also options) but I find they're better sauteed first with some salt, pepper, cumin and lemon, chili flakes if you like it hot. Toss with the beans/tuna/artichoke mixture before adding the quinoa. There's room for lots of variations depending on what you like and what you have in the pantry.

At eating time, feel free to add more 'salad dressing' type ingredients, lemon/vinegar, a bit of olive oil, hot sauce, a good bottled dressing; or tahini and sesame oil are a nice variation on mayo. It's tasty hot, cold or room temp. Eat with a chunk of bread, pita or toasted bagel for the carbs.

Wow thanks a lot gtagrl! I will definitely try this, I've been thinking about switching to quinoa for a while now. A few of my PT friends told me it has relatively high protein content.

And Brian, sandwiches are a great idea too, I'm definitely looking to cut for summer. Time is my enemy, but I will definitely try some turkey sandwiches in the future. Sounds better than turkey/rice combo i've been cobbling down the past week.

If there's one thing this forum knows about, it's food.

• Like 1

Gammon steak, fried eggs, chips and a bin bag full of baked beans, when I'm finished procrasturbating.

• Like 1

I found an amazing brownie recipe recently. The last batch I made, I put peanut butter chips in it. I'd post a photo but they're all gone.

More fun with breakfast. Could use more beans, perhaps a bin bag full.

post-57-0-87129800-1402154601.jpg

From someplace in Swindon...In the car

I went to Toby Carvery for the first time the other day - it was one of those moments when you put everything possible on your plate knowing full well you'll only eat a third of it and then sit home later regretting not fitting in the rest.

Went to aces and ales with some buddies last night.. After several strong beers and a huge bowl of dank, I proceeded to eat a quarter of my friends bacon cheddar fries, half of my other friends burger stuffed with cheese, bacon, chorizo and onion, and an entire breakfast pizza that I ordered. (2 sunny side up eggs, white sauce, pecorino-Romano, scallions, onions and black pepper)

My farts have never been this raunchy.

Tonight I ate this: bone-in veal parm. Soooo good. Happy bday to me

post-69-0-43030000-1402293841_thumb.jpg

• Like 1