Massacre

The Food Topic

blueberry-orange buttercream frosting.

I came. I'd very much appreciate the recipe, if you're willing to do the typing. Is that a modification of the Bittman recipe?

I'll send you the recipe, Gunny - it's different than the Bittman but is dead easy and came out chocolately and moist.

I just invented the blueberry-orange frosting, using all fresh stuff of course. My man just ate his second one, so I think it's a hit. :)

• Like 1

Sure, I found it here. I was searching for a recipe with no eggs or milk, but you can absolutely use milk instead of the water (I did). It's dead easy, anyone can make this, one bowl, no mixer, and a really great result. Adding chocolate chips is optional. It says 16 servings but I just made a dozen and it worked fine. The vinegar might sound scary but you don't taste it in the final product at all, and that's what reacts with the baking soda to make a fluffy cake.

For the buttercream frosting, I used 1/4 cup unsalted butter, beat with 1 cup or so of icing sugar, a pinch of salt, a couple of spoons of fresh blueberry puree, and grated orange zest. Variations to your taste, strong dark coffee, or vanilla, or strawberry, or cocoa, or mint...the possibilities are endless. Spread it on with a knife or use a ziploc bag to pipe it on. (Let them cool completely first, that's the hardest part.)

Reckon you could do whatever your heart desires with the frosting...these are good enough to eat without. If the pulpy part doesn't appeal, (mine wasn't chunky), puree a big handful of berries of your choice, run it through a fine mesh strainer into a small saucepan, add some maple syrup, then reduce it by half to concentrate the flavour. The only wrong answer is using Duncan Hines frosting from a can. Just don't add too much liquid or it won't set up.

A burger is more flavorful when it's not well-done. Merely my opinion, Warlord.

Pink hamburger meat tastes like slosh dude. Its disgusting.

I'll send you the recipe, Gunny - it's different than the Bittman but is dead easy and came out chocolately and moist.

I just invented the blueberry-orange frosting, using all fresh stuff of course. My man just ate his second one, so I think it's a hit. :)

What did you do about the blueberry skin?

• Like 1

I'm trying out that recipe, sans frosting (no berries :( ). Applesauce in place of oil (all out, didn't want to use olive oil) and a bag of chocolate chips in there. Thanks for posting, gtagrl.

This shall be wondrous. :fap:

• Like 1

Sure, I found it here. I was searching for a recipe with no eggs or milk, but you can absolutely use milk instead of the water (I did). It's dead easy, anyone can make this, one bowl, no mixer, and a really great result. Adding chocolate chips is optional. It says 16 servings but I just made a dozen and it worked fine. The vinegar might sound scary but you don't taste it in the final product at all, and that's what reacts with the baking soda to make a fluffy cake.

For the buttercream frosting, I used 1/4 cup unsalted butter, beat with 1 cup or so of icing sugar, a pinch of salt, a couple of spoons of fresh blueberry puree, and grated orange zest. Variations to your taste, strong dark coffee, or vanilla, or strawberry, or cocoa, or mint...the possibilities are endless. Spread it on with a knife or use a ziploc bag to pipe it on. (Let them cool completely first, that's the hardest part.)

Cheers mate!

Homemade chipotle black bean/corn burgers with smoked Gouda, fresh baby spinach, oregano, cilantro, cayenne pepper, garlic pepper, sriracha sauce, and a touch of Stone Oaked Arrogant Bastard chipotle hot sauce. All on a slice of toasted rosemary garlic sourdough bread from San Francisco. Fucking epic lunch. Wish I took a picture.