Sign in to follow this  
JamieMilne

PC Gaming

hey can anybody give me some info on pc gaming, dont really know much about it.

wanting to get back into some rts games on the pc and not sure what specs are needed.

like how often to pc gamers need to update there pc's to be able to handle the latest games.

id probly only be buying rts games, so does anyone know how often these games change graphicly?

any help would be appreciated.. thanks

I keep meaning to berate you for your awful use of English but then I realised you're Scottish anyway so "edinnaemekennaeduffranceaye". Most RTS games should run on an average PC fairly well.

I don't even know what graphics card I have, i'm pretty sure it's an Nvidia 512MB... something with a 7 (7000 series or am I making that up?) on it I seem to remember, I have 4GB of RAM I know that. But yeah I play RTS games - although not so much nowadays - I think the newest one I played was AoE III, and that ran fine.

What sort of RTS games are we talking about here?

• Like 1

lol, i might be scottish but i have no idea what this says - edinnaemekennaeduffranceaye. lol.

i usually played command & conquer, but i was watching starcraft 2 on ustream and it looked really good.

that is what got me thinking about getting back into it again.

lol, i might be scottish but i have no idea what this says - edinnaemekennaeduffranceaye. lol.

i usually played command & conquer, but i was watching starcraft 2 on ustream and it looked really good.

that is what got me thinking about getting back into it again.

"edinnaemekennaeduffranceaye" = It doesn't/won't make any difference, aye? Plus I got a couple of name drops in there too, but only Mek and Duff. :\

Starcraft II is one a bit more demanding than most but not so much that you need a high end pc for it.

viceman is about right with those specs up there :)

*smug look*

ive got 3gb of ram and 2 quad processors, and under display device i have this:

Intel G33/G31 Express Chipset Family

Chip Type: Intel GMA 3100

DAC Type: Internal

Total Memory: 256MB

i dont know much about graphics cards but ive got a feeling thats shit, and isnt a dedicated graphics card.

would suck running cnc or red alert 3?

If you want an RTS that isn't very graphically demending, try Warcraft III, and don't let people that knock World of Warcraft discourage you, they try and put that MMO shame onto anyone who has anything to do with Warcraft. The first two are ugly as shit, but they're also from the 90's, so they have an excuse. Warcraft III is from 2002, so it's pretty. I think the battle chest (with the expansion) still sells for twenty bucks retail, but online you can probably get it for next to nothing.

• Like 1

I thought it was pointless to start a thread about this so this should do. I just heard that Onlive is now available on Tablet PCs. Which sounds great imo. I've not really been a fan of Onlive in the past. But being able to stream high end games to a tablet where-ever you are, sounds pretty appetising to me!

Anyone here know any more info on this?

Here's a article on the subject:

http://www.guardian....ndroid-la-noire

If Skyrim comes out on onlive, i might be tempted to get it! So i can play it on my train and bus to Uni!

I thought Onlive was free, but you just have to pay a lower price (than having it installed on your pc) to own the games you play?

We’re really excited to announce... ...our new free app that makes the latest, highest-performance games available for instant play on millions of tablets and smartphones in the US and UK.

http://blog.onlive.com/

I dunno if that means the app is free or the service is free, as long as you buy the games. I think there is a rent game option too though.