Sign in to follow this  
Bronson

"The Shining" Prequel

According to the L.A. Times, a Shining prequel is in early stages of development.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/film/7393816/Shining-prequel-in-the-works

My favorite horror movie of all time is The Shining. i love the changes Kubrick made from the book and put his own twist on it. I personally would love to see a prequel just if they dont mess it up.

This is a classic film, and they're going to ruin it by trying to "explain the mystery". The book does a fine job of explaining the long term history of the Overlook, and has far more detail than what ended up in the movie. Some of Kubrick's "changes" from the book are simply for better flow onscreen, and because in 1980 we didn't have Avatarian technology to create moving evil hedge animals. Show and tell. In film, you show; in books, you tell. Stuff is always lost in translation, that's just how it works. What else is there to show, unless they explain how it came to be possessed?

I am dismayed that it won't be based on Stephen King's writing, the article only mentions the sequel he's been working on. Prequels released 30 years after the original film never align properly on film (I'm looking at you, Star Wars).

• Like 2

Seems like a money grab to me. I bet it will be filmed in a blair witch or paranormal activity style, as all shitty money grab horror movies are...

• Like 3

icon11.gif

I've liked every post so far.

Its BS how they are gonna fuck with a classic.

I will probably watch it....and I shall probably find it moderately entertaining.

No way is it gonna be good as the original so I don't know why they bother.

Original ideas aren't dead

I just started watching a show called falling skies and its really good .

its about aliens invading earth and it has a fairly original plot. I saw a major twist coming in the series, but that is only because it was well fore-shadowed.