Brian

Total War Series

I'm a huge fan of the Total War series, been playing since the first Rome total war. It's an amazing strategy game. Creative Assembly is amazing and I'm always impressed with their games.

Recently they have announced Rome II: Total War. I've been waiting for a Rome II for years like the rest of the community. Man I'm excited.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKglskMfyWA

5183bb256e481a69d42e2d5790d46f8ad18849bc.jpg__620x350_q85_crop_upscale.jpg

Awesome! I could never really get into any other TW game apart from Rome, especially Empire.

Hopefully this'll be as good as the first.

i used to play Rome total war all the time. If I ever get another computer I would probably buy it.

I also love all of the Total War games, from Shogun all the way through to Shogun 2 ( yes even Empire ). I can't wait to see how they can improve Rome 2 from the original which in my opinion was the best Total War game of the series. Specifically because of the setting in the Ancient Roman Empire having such a great atmosphere.

This could end up being one of the best Strategy Games ever made. Hopefully Creative Assembly don't get lazy and add plenty of variation in the units, as well as more in depth empire building in terms of the Cities/Units and Trade/Economic/Diplomacy side of things. I want a ton of interesting content that will keep me playing for months on end.

YEAHHHH ROME 2 TOTAL WAR!!!!!!!!

I also love all of the Total War games, from Shogun all the way through to Shogun 2 ( yes even Empire ).

Wait, isn't Empire considered the best?

I'm an Age of Empires/Rise of Nations fan personally, but I watched a couple TW:Empire videos and I'm pretty tempted to give it ago. I'm just worried that there's no building element to the game?

There's no real-time building or resource management, but you can have real-time battles.

I'm a big fan of the Total War series, i've loved all of them but I have to say Rome was the best. I'm really really looking forward to this, I jizzed a little when I saw the title.

Im always stuck between Rome or Medieval 2 on which one was the best. Anyway, definitely going to buy this one when it comes out, Shogun 2 battle and graphics were the shit but I'm not a fan of the japanese aspect so this one should be better for me.

I hope that the Testudo Formation in this game actually works like it would in real life. It should deflect all incoming misiles, intead of just some. Then the Legionaires/Praetorians should break formation when the enemy infantry is within close range, so they can charge.

Also a defensive position should be able to be built even when on the attack. This should have ditches and spiked wooden stakes, along with areas where you can put your ballistas, catapults, and archers ( just like in the opening battle of Gladiator ). So you can really " Unleash Hell " on the Barbarian Hordes. :D

Carthage! I've always been a fan, ever since Age of Empires: Rise of rome. It takes balls to march elephants across the muthafuckin' Alps.

Just wish I had a computer that could run this!

I upgraded my computer last year into a beast for this game. And I'm sure my Dual Force GTX 690 graphics card can handle this. :banana:

I also have a link for an Exclusive Q & A session with the Unit Design Lead for Creative Assembly ( Developer's of Rome 2 ). Who answers some questions regarding Rome 2, and also posts some pictures of the clothing and armour for some of the units.

All of this is courtesy of twcenter.net ~ Exclusive Content Developer Chat: http://www.twcenter....ad.php?t=548136

^^It will be updated with more information monthly ( or weekly closer to the release ) until Rome 2's Release Date.^^

Two new Factions have been added to the Playable List:

Arverni (Gaul)

Averni3.jpg

Suebi

Suebi4.jpg

So that means so far there will be Three Roman Factions; The Julia, The Cornelia, and The Junia. Along with Carthage, which is probably Romes greatest enemy, and Macedon which is the most powerful of the Greek Factions. And Three Barbarian Tribes, The Iceni ( from Britannia ), The Averni ( a Gaul Tribe ), and The Suebi ( Germanic Tribe ). You can see the list of playable factions here, along with a synopsis of eah one. http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Factions

With only two more Factions left to be revealed, I wonder who they could possibly be? Maybe the Iberians in Spain or the Persians East of the Mediterranean, possibly the Ptolemic Egyptians in the south, who knows?

Queen Boudicca was from very near to where I grew up. :)

After you mentioned her I looked her up. What I found was pretty interesting.

After being betrayed and flogged ( along with her daughters rape ), she led a revolt against the occupying Romans, destroying Colchester and routing an entire Roman Legion ( The lX Hispania ).

She even burnt Londinium ( London ) to the ground, along with St Albans. The rebels were eventually defeated in the Battle of Watling St. And then either Boudica killed herself to avoid capture, or fell ill and died ( the two seperate sources differ in opinion ).

Interest in these events was revived in the English Renaisance and led to a resurgance of Boudica's Legendary fame during the Victorian Era, when Queen Victoria was portrayed as her namesake. Boudica has since remained an important cultural symbol in the United Kingdom to this day.

History's Great. :D