So is anyone else hoping that GTA V will have better sounds? I thought that the engine sounds from cars were all shit apart from the Sultan RS and a couple others. Many of them sounded the same, and the high end sports cars didn't sound as powerful and sexy as they should.

I also thought that gun sounds lacked a bit as well. Most of the guns in GTA: SA sounded better.

Having decent and realistic sounds in a game is a big must have for me.

the car sounds in the trailer was good they must have improved by now the gun sounds i don't know i didn't play mp3 but i think the sound of the guns might be similar

the car sounds in the trailer was good

The only engine we got to hear properly was the red convertible revving at the traffic lights, and it sounded just as flat and lifeless as the cars in GTA IV.

The only engine we got to hear properly was the red convertible revving at the traffic lights, and it sounded just as flat and lifeless as the cars in GTA IV.

i said it was good they must have improved by now and yeah i agree what the point of having a sports car without a beast of an engine

So is anyone else hoping that GTA V will have better sounds? I thought that the engine sounds from cars were all shit apart from the Sultan RS and a couple others. Many of them sounded the same, and the high end sports cars didn't sound as powerful and sexy as they should.

I also thought that gun sounds lacked a bit as well. Most of the guns in GTA: SA sounded better.

SA Gun sounds were horrible! Seriously stop thinking like a fan boy and use some common sense. Jesus

SA Gun sounds were horrible! Seriously stop thinking like a fan boy and use some common sense. Jesus

How am I thinking like a 'fan boy' lol?

Please tell me what gun and engine sounds has to do with common sense. I don't see the connection between the two.

Well in GTA IV i was disappointed with the sound of the Dukes ( 69 charger rt) and the other cars but i will say that if you played Saints Row 3 the fucking transmission was always shifting even when your at top speed. I hope that the engine noise will be more in tune with the type of vehicle.

If anyone here plays COD and/or BF3, you'll notice how realistic BF3 weapon and explosion sounds are! I hope we get realistic sounds in that matter, and in the vehicles to!

I would like the cars to have the right acceleration sounds and airplanes/helicopters sounds to be super real.

Explosions and fires should also sound real!

I want to hear the crisp in the burn if that makes sense...

How am I thinking like a 'fan boy' lol?

Please tell me what gun and engine sounds has to do with common sense. I don't see the connection between the two.

You really think that the gun sounds in a 2004 game are gonna be better then one in a 2008 game? Thats common sense!

LOL .44 Desert Eagle...

POP

POP

POP

If anyone here plays COD and/or BF3, you'll notice how realistic BF3 weapon and explosion sounds are! I hope we get realistic sounds in that matter, and in the vehicles to!

I would like the cars to have the right acceleration sounds and airplanes/helicopters sounds to be super real.

I like that the delay of the explosion in BF3 is proportional to the distance you are from it. As in, it's seen before it's heard.

• Like 1

I think they need realistic fart noises... Several million people in nyc, an alchoholic chubby eastern european, and nary a fart? I think not.

• Like 1

San Andreas's sound effects were just stock sfx they probably paid for from somewhere. The sound from when you crash into a metal fence is the same one as when you grind a fence in THUG.

Guest Marney-1

I'm sure I've seen a video of R* breaking a car window to record the sound effect.

This old article of R* dev's talking about music/sound effects in San Andreas is a good read.

Perhaps the most unexpected tool in the Rockstar North studio is an empty water bottle. "When we need to create sound effects from scratch," says Allan, "somehow we always end up finding a way to use a water bottle! For example, in San Andreas, we used the sound of an empty bottle being jiggled up and down in the opening of a desk drawer to creat the sound of a blown-out car tyre flapping along the road."

Topic title changed too, 'Sounds of GTA 5' makes me think of just the music.

Edited by Marney-1

LOL .44 Desert Eagle...

POP

POP

POP

I like that the delay of the explosion in BF3 is proportional to the distance you are from it. As in, it's seen before it's heard.

Yeah, I loved that to, it was a great feature to have in the game in my opinion!

I think they need realistic fart noises... Several million people in nyc, an alchoholic chubby eastern european, and nary a fart? I think not.

LOL. Hearing people drop one in GTA would be hilarious though!

Just what I thought.

In 4, the car sounds where not bad at all but, like you said, they came up flat and lifeless, as if they were heavily clipped in their range. And it looks the same in the trailer, but I really hope they've changed this by now.

To me, the car sounds in SA fitted better to the cars, just think how flat the old muscle sounds in 4 compared to SA. The idling sounds better then the revving, go figure.

I agree it sounded like the cars from IV, but seriously, I had no problem with the cars sounds in IV. After playing ugly games like TDU 2 and stuff, the cars sounds in IV were superb IMO. Better than the fake sounds in III.

Yes, the sound fx needs to be redone pretty bad, the cars in 4 were very crappy sounding, and so did some of the other sounds too. I think that the sounds in max payne 3 are good, but i hope gta 5 has even better

I

Yes, the sound fx needs to be redone pretty bad, the cars in 4 were very crappy sounding, and so did some of the other sounds too. I think that the sounds in max payne 3 are good, but i hope gta 5 has even better

I kinda felt the explosion sounds in Max Payne 3 were kinda lame to be honest, and also when the rocket launcher also shot the rocket.

I agree it sounded like the cars from IV, but seriously, I had no problem with the cars sounds in IV. After playing ugly games like TDU 2 and stuff, the cars sounds in IV were superb IMO. Better than the fake sounds in III.

whats wrong with the car sounds in tdu2? ok, they aren't that realistic either (as in copying the respective cars real life sound), but to me, they're much more convincing than those in IV

Well. I think sounds in GTA IV weren't as good as we expected perhaps, but that game was released in 2008. It was the first game R* make in PS3 so don´t worry, sounds will be incredible. Anyway, is not the same heard the sound through of a tv set than heard the same game through a good system sound (dolby). In my case I don't have dolby... :no: but perhaps I'll buy for this game but I think I don´t really need it...

Well, Mr. TuomaZ has showed us in his video that the sounds are going to be great or even better.... Thanks TuomaZ!