Sign in to follow this  
rm80rams

Take Two Reporting It's First Quarter Financial Results for the Fiscal Year 2013.

Tomorrow Take Two will announce it's results for the first quarter of the fiscal year 2013 and give out it's predictions for the rest of the fiscal year. You may ask yourself "What does this have to do with GTA V?" Well depending on its predictions for the rest of the year., it could give us a release window on whether GTA V could be released by the end of the fiscal year. Here is the link:

There is a link on the page to listen to it live.

i agree, this is quite important. just from reading about, i see that stocks are down, and still dropping. which in a sense is no big deal, because R*/ take two always pull something outta their asses. but if they dont release this year, it could, and will be bad. a release in 2013 (the area of april) that would risk a take over by EA games, or the equivelent, which would mean the end of GTA as we know it. i think its in R*'s best interest to release this year.

i also read somewhere (no i dont have a link) that they predict a billion dollar profit THIS year. so i ask myself, from what? my only thought is a GTA release this year.

i agree, this is quite important. just from reading about, i see that stocks are down, and still dropping. which in a sense is no big deal, because R*/ take two always pull something outta their asses. but if they dont release this year, it could, and will be bad. a release in 2013 (the area of april) that would risk a take over by EA games, or the equivelent, which would mean the end of GTA as we know it. i think its in R*'s best interest to release this year.

i also read somewhere (no i dont have a link) that they predict a billion dollar profit THIS year. so i ask myself, from what? my only thought is a GTA release this year.

You obviously don't have much of a clue as to what the hell you're talking about. For one thing, revenue =/= profit. They wish they could make a billion in profit.

I just hope that money doesn't overpower the craftmenship they put in their games, and make GTA V end up like SR2...

We don't have GTA V in our hands currently because they take their time to make something great. This is Rockstar and Take-Two, not EA.

• Like 2

You obviously don't have much of a clue as to what the hell you're talking about. For one thing, revenue =/= profit. They wish they could make a billion in profit.

well, i agree that if ttwo says that gta wont come out in time for the holiday season, investors would count that as a negative for the profitabilty of ttwo. Also, while the article did not say a billion, it said several hundred million in profits, and an analysis did say that profit forecast only made since if gta was going to come out in fiscal q3 2012, which would put in around april of 2013...

Ofc, things change all the time and in the in a forecast is forecast, not a fact.

I just hope that money doesn't overpower the craftmenship they put in their games, and make GTA V end up like SR2...

We don't have GTA V in our hands currently because they take their time to make something great. This is Rockstar and Take-Two, not EA.

I do think it will be harder to ttwo to wait for rockstar games to develop top teir games. Max Payne 3 was a sales disspointment, for example, but was by all accounts a great game. Investors want gta to come out every year, they preach cash cows and definately woud prefer a predictable profit of say, 50 million a year, over a riskier, uncertain profit of 250 million every three years.

That said, the entire gaming industry is in a slump, ea's stock price is actually doing worse that ttwo.

Finally, ttwo doesnt necessarily care too much about its stock price. Its investors do though, and the investors are the ones who choose who runs the board. So, if the investor arent happy ( theyd have to be very unhappy, and more than 50 percent if them would have to be unhappy), but the stock holders could decide to replace the board with people more dedicated to turning gta into a yearly release... Its unlikey though, since just a couple of years ago ttwos shareholders decided not to allow Ea to buy their shares ( and the company)

If money would have overpowered R* and GTA, then it would of by now. Despite the fact that GTA is one of the best selling game series of all time and is still releasing quality games and hasn't been affected by all the money means that won't ever happen with R* like it did with Activision. Also, you probably mean SR3, I have played both, and 2 is great, 3 not so much.

So, we have the report .

In section products to be released, GTA V is of course still listed without a release date, but all future games are listed chronologically by the release date and GTA V sits between BioShock Infinite (scheduled for Feb 26th 2013) and XCOM (scheduled for fiscal year 2014) which sort of suggests GTA V is planned to be released somewhere in 2013, but not earlier than in March.

That ^^ would make me still eligible for winning the release date contest :P

I think Take Two and Rockstar are no longer BFF. Rockstar is the real master and Take Two is year by year more dependent on them. Rockstar wants more money from their creations but Take Two says no no... Probably thats the real reason for so much delays of Rockstar products.

Stocks rise and fall all the time, and those companies are still in business. During the past 2 months they have dropped about 5 dollars. When a second trailer is released which will probably be before the end of the year, they will rise. Apple's stock for instance rose 1.7 percent because other there is a predicted September 12 reveal/release. Learn how the market works.

• Like 1

EA make decent games e:g The Godfather Series, but I'm probably not the first person to say that if Rockstar are bought over, EA would be the last people to buy them out, and GTA is Rockstars best selling and most popular and powerful game! It'll not end for atleast another 10/20 years!

No doubt Rockstar want to release GTA V this year. That was probably their intentions when they released the trailer last year, but their intentions are also to make V their biggest game to date!

I hope and can sometimes believe it will release this year, but don't go hyper on it, you can end up disappointed.

And Rockstar/Take Two aren't in the Euro Stock Exchange, so money is still on their side!

Sign in to follow this