Sign in to follow this  
Zulu2065

Top 20 Fav. GTA songs?

What are your top 20 favorite GTA songs out of all of the games?

Mine are:

1. Black Sabbath - Heaven & Hell(IV)

2. Bon Jovi - Wanted Dead or Alive(IV)

3. America - Horse With No Name(SA)

4. Stone Temple Pilots - Plush(SA)

5. Guns & Roses - Welcome to the Jungle(SA)

6. Flock of Seagulls - I Ran(VC)

7. Unkle - Mayday(IV)

8. Kanye West - Flashing Lights(IV) Sorry I had another song on my mind and I forgot to post the name of this song. I don't need a guide:/

9. The Pistolas - Take it With a Kiss(IV)

10. Cypress Hill - How I Could Just Kill a Man(SA)

11. Loose Ends - Hangin' on Strings(IV)

12. CJ Hilton - I Want You(IV)

13. Dru Hill - In My Bed(IV)

14. Kid Frost - La Raza (SA)

15. Black Keys - Strange Times(IV)

16.Hall & Oates - Maneater(IV)

17. Mai Tai - History(IV)

18. Texas - I don't Want a Lover(IV)

19. Jefferson Airplane - Jane(IV)

20. Foghat - Driving Wheel(IV)

Edit: Um, I have a lot of songs I like and some are from SA and VC. I don't think I need someone to tell me to listen to more SA songs, because we all like different types of songs and in my opinion, these are my favorite 20 GTA songs. Believe me, I have a lot of favorites and a lot of them are from San Andreas too.

Haha, i think he means Flashing Lights by kanye west. Edit that man, dont post things unless you know what it is. Atleast look in the guide that comes with the game, that shows all the music in it. Plus a majority of that music is from GTA 4, wich in my opinion had some of the worst music in gta,especaily in the Rock/Metal area. It was ok for rap, but TBOGT had the best music out of all three. But you need to listen to more music from SA, cuz thats were the real music is at.

Haha, i think he means Flashing Lights by kanye west. Edit that man, dont post things unless you know what it is. Atleast look in the guide that comes with the game, that shows all the music in it. Plus a majority of that music is from GTA 4, wich in my opinion had some of the worst music in gta,especaily in the Rock/Metal area. It was ok for rap, but TBOGT had the best music out of all three. But you need to listen to more music from SA, cuz thats were the real music is at.

I have to actually agree with you for once i thought the episodes had better music especially "Arab Money" lol Yusuf will your wonders ever cease/ But best soundtrack hands down Vice City. But you gotta admit GTA IV did take place in 2008 which is a pretty hard time to find good music so they did good with what they could do.

Looking back on GTA radio stations, I can't help noticing the influence on my music tastes. I got to know lots of great music through those games...

Speaking of which, I have to mention:

1. The Scientist - Your Teeth In My Neck (GTA III)

2. Underdog - Back to Back (GTA IV)

3. Ice Cube - It Was a Good Day (GTA SA)

4. Bad Brains - Right Brigade (GTA IV)

5. Deicide - Dead By Dawn (GTA IV)

6. She's On Fire (GTA III)

7. Heart - Barracuda (GTA SA)

8. Living Colour - Cult Of Personality (GTA SA)

9. Max Romeo & The Upsetters - Chase The Devil (GTA SA)

10. Bob Marley and the Wailers - So Much Trouble In The World (GTA IV)

There are lots of classic songs I didn't mention above, simply as I had known them by heart before playing GTA (that goes mainly to rock/metal stations).

6. She's On Fire (GTA III)

Fun Fact: She's on Fire is performed by Amy Holland, whom no one has heard of.

I mention this only because few people know who did any of the songs from Flashback.

It's hard to pick only 20 from Vice City, let alone all the GTAs...

20 Alan Parsons Project - Games People Play (VCS)

19 Yes - Owner Of A Lonely Heart (VC)

18 Spandeu Ballet - Gold (VC)

17 Luther Vandross - Never Too Much (VC)

16 Toto - Africa (VC)

15 Tom Petty - Runnin Down A Dream (SA)

14 Lionel Richie - Running With The Night (VC)

13 Phil Collins - In The Air Tonight (VCS)

12 Marvin Gaye - Sexual Healing (VCS)

11 Living Colour - Cult Of Personality (SA)

10 Aaron Hall - Don't Be Afraid(SA)

9 Megadeth - Peace Sells (VC)

8 Alice In Chains - Them Bones (SA)

7 Dio - Holy Diver (VCS)

6 Tears For Fears - Cold Shelter (VC)

5 Guy - Groove Me (SA)

4 Slayer - Raining Blood (VC)

3 Danzig - Mother (SA)

2 Michael Jackson - Billie Jean (VC)

1 Rick James - Ghetto Life (VC)

I picked my top 20 based on songs that instantly remind me of GTA, not what is my personal favourite.Considering Rick James has appeared on 4 GTA soundtracks, I had to put him at 1.

I left out a lot of stuff from IV, as the songs I liked in the game I had heard heaps of times before, and they don't remind me of GTA when I hear them. Nothing against the IV soundtrack, though.

top 20, jesus fucking christ, i'd be making that list for days... here's my top 5, and these aren't my favorite songs, even in GTA, nor are they in any particular order... these are my most memorable songs from playing GTA...

#1) da shootaz - grand theft auto ~ this song has been in a few GTA's... it's even called, grand theft auto... i fondly remember this song from the first GTA... it seems like it's changed a bit, but it's still the same song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-DOJGZi6zk

#2) the black keys - strange times ~ this brought a smile to my face when i heard it... at the time i was shocked that R* knew who they were :D...

#3) america - horse with no name ~ i don't think i need to say more, never heard it before san an, and perfectly fit into 1/3 of the game, the san fierro part of course...

#4) maino - getaway driver ~ i will never forget the first time i heard this song, i was LITERALLY the getaway driver!!

#5) paul engeman - pust it to the limit ~ it was also in one of my all-time favorite movies, and was the song of both, represented the lifestyle of both characters...

• Like 1

I agree 20 is a bit long. I'l do a top 10.

These are songs that make me think of GTA mostly, not particularly my favorite:

#10:

Debbie Harry - Rush Rush:

- I originally heard this song in Scarface, but this song instantly became my number one memorable GTA III song.

#9:

Da Shootaz -Grand Theft Auto (Joyride):

- This is essentially the original GTA theme tune, so it has to be in my top ten.

#8:

Max Romeo & The Upsetters - I Chase The Devil:

- Amazing song, and fit really well with the Ventures desert in SA.

#7:

Toto - Hold The Line: Listen on Youtube - I wasn't really aware of this song before SA, and when i heard it, it was instantly a classic in my eyes.

#6:

Squeeze - Tempted:

- I loved this song in Vice City. I never really liked it before Vice City, but after hearing it many times, it started bringing back good memories of Vice City for me.

#5:

Billy Idol - White Wedding:

- Again, i heard this before GTA SA, but as soon as i heard it, it brought a smile to my face, and felt amazing to blast through the countrysides whilst listen to it.

#4:

Rick James - Cold Blooded -

- Funky and fresh, this song reminds me of Los Santos so much!

'#3:

Hall & Oates - Out of Touch: Listen on Youtube - Yeah i was a bit of a Flash FM QD. I can't help myself, i just associate 80's pop with GTA thanks to Vice City

#2:

Lionel Richie - Running with the Night: Listen on Youtube - This song was my favorite song to drive to in Vice City, it just fit so perfectly, this had to be in my top 3.

#1:

Spandau Ballet - Gold:

- Instant Vice City classic once again, probably my most memorable song for this game

Although it didn't make my top 10, i'd like to make a special mention. The Pointer Sisters - Automatic

- This song just reminds me of the VC strip club. Good memories.
  • Like 1

I picked songs that will, without fail, bring to mind GTA gameplay memories even if I hear them out of context. There are plenty more I could have chosen, since the music library is vast. Here are ones that stood out for me (in no particular order):

1. Genesis – Mama (IV, Liberty Rock Radio 97.8)
  2. David Bowie – Fascination (IV, Liberty Rock Radio 97.8)
  3. Greenskeepers – Vagabond (IV, Radio Broker) “I came a long way to see you, now I wish you were dead.” Really sums up the whole story.
  4. Harlem Underground Band - Smokin' Cheeba Cheeba (SA, Master Sounds 98.3)
  5. Gloria Jones – Tainted Love (SA, Master Sounds 98.3)
  6. Blood Sisters – Ring My Bell (SA, K-Jah Radio West)
  7. Black Uhuru – Great Train Robbery (SA, K-Jah Radio West)
  8. Ohio Players – Love Rollercoaster (SA, Bounce FM)
  9. The Gap Band - You Dropped A Bomb On Me (SA, Bounce FM)
  10. 808 State – Pacific (SA, SF-UR)
  11. Foghat – Slow Ride (SA, K-DST)
  12. Grand Funk Railroad – Some Kind Of Wonderful (SA, K-DST) Actually, this whole radio station’s listing triggers gameplay memories.
  13. Guns N' Roses – Welcome To The Jungle, (SA, Radio:X)
  14. The Stone Roses – Fool's Gold (SA, Radio:X)
  15. Eddie Rabbit – I Love A Rainy Night (SA, K-Rose)
  16. En Vogue – My Lovin' (SA, CSR)
  17. Scientist – Dance of the Vampires (III, K-Jah)
  18. "Non piu andrai farfallone amoroso" from Le nozze di Figaro (III, Double Cleff FM)
  19. Talk Talk – Life’s What You Make It (VC, Flash FM)
  20. Tears for Fears – Pale Shelter (VC, Wave 103)

my favourite ones are:

1. Buggles - Video Killed The Radio Star (VC)

2. Billy Idol - White Wedding (SA)

3. Joe Cocker - Woman To Woman (SA)

4. Eddie Money - Two Tickets To Paradise (SA)

5. Michael Jackson - Billie Jean (VC)

6. Rod Stewart - Young Turks (SA)

7. America - Horse With No Name (SA)

8. Eddie Rabbitt - I Love A Rainy Night (SA)

9. Ed Bruce - Mamma's Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Cowboys (SA)

10. Whitey Shafer - All My Exes Live In Texas (SA)

I don't know the name of it but it goes like this..

Ahem..

"Mamas don't let your baybies grow up to be cowboys"...

And that rap song about a bedtime story. I never did get to hear the whole thing. All I know is the kid got shot at the end of it.

I don't know the name of it but it goes like this..

Ahem..

"Mamas don't let your baybies grow up to be cowboys"...

And that rap song about a bedtime story. I never did get to hear the whole thing. All I know is the kid got shot at the end of it.