JamieMilne

Call of Duty

Just got MW3 with my new Xbox. It's not nearly as awful as the reviewers at Amazon made it out to be. I probably wouldn't be saying the same thing if I had payed 60$ for it, but I find it to be pretty enjoyable...So far.

It's set in the year 2025 against a Nicaraguan terrorist, pretty sure there's no Russians in this one at all, but I might not have been paying close enough attention. Still, I agree, it's not the best game ever, but it's also not as bad as it is made out to be. I can't see them using Vietnam, but as far as I know there's never been an FPS set in WW1, would be interesting.

They used Vietnam briefly in the first Black Ops, but didn't do it justice at all. If a new take on Vietnam were to be done, I would be leery of Activision/Treyarch's ability to do it well. I'd leave it up to EA and/or Dice. A reboot of Battlefield: Vietnam, perhaps.

• Like 1

Just got MW3 with my new Xbox. It's not nearly as awful as the reviewers at Amazon made it out to be. I probably wouldn't be saying the same thing if I had payed 60$ for it, but I find it to be pretty enjoyable...So far.

Everyone thinks MW3 is a good game when they first get it.

Then they find out they're wrong.. dead wrong.

Yeah, I see what you mean.

I love watching Killcams only to find out that you, in fact, were not the first to shoot. As a matter of fact, you never shot at all. You only stood there, running in place, while the other guy came upon you and gunned you down.

Nah, thats just the replay system, it's shit to say the least.

I'm still playing it, it's saved me a fuck load of money cos I haven't gone out and bought any 'half decent, i'm bored and have nothing to play, this is better than nothing' games since last year.

It's still the best shooter out there (on console), even if it is dated.

Another Call of Duty game!!! :jumpy:

And this time you have to shoot ghosts, not zombies. I think it's next gen, I don't really care.

But seriously, can someone just merge all the call of duty topics together, I swear i'm the only one who play them, and even then I only play MW3.

All this shit is merged now. I'm sure I fucked up OPs and posts and all kinds of shit, but fuck you guys, we only need one topic for this proud americanry.

• Like 2

I might consider buying another game once they spend more than a year making them, like the annual ones now. But then again annual releases of the same stuff makes them a ton of money.

I would prefer if this was being made exclusively for Nex-Gen consoles. But it looks like it will end up being a crappy port from the current console generation. Either way I'll still be buying it, because these games always end up being good value for money, with at least 3-4 months of solid Multiplayer. I just hope they don't gimp the Ghost/Assassin class like they did with Black Ops 2 ( which degenerated the multiplayer into running around mindlessly with a sub-machine gun shooting at anything that moves BORING! yawn -_- ).

What's the point in buying them every year if they are literally the same thing?

I wouldn't say each game is literally the same thing. But I would say that they have been decreasing in quality since Modern Warfare 2, since the guys from Infinity Ward left ( taking most of the creativity with them ). They've dumbed down the combat into a boring mess, because everyone complained about the gamey elements in MW2. Personally I liked being able to teleport stab in MW2, I liked having unlimited claymores with scavenger, I liked grenades and RPG's feeling actually powerful when combined with Danger Close, I liked having maps with vegetation that snipers could take full advantage of when using a ghillie suit. I liked that there were different combinations of class setups ( that actually felt different from one another ), instead of the perks being almost useless ( like in Black Ops 2 ), and 80% of people using sub-machine guns.

All the fun has been taken out of these games, just for the sake of balancing it for the less skilled players, I.E. Deathstreaks, Spawning enemies on your flanks, and nerfing any of the perks that could be deemed somewhat useful.

End Rant.

I actually liked MW2 a lot, maybe it was because I was like 13/14 at the time, but it was just fun. The maps were great too. From then on, the games have been really boring in my opinion. Bought MW3, played it for 2 weeks then never touched it again, which was a huge waste. That's why I didn't buy BO2, because I barely liked the first one either.

I actually liked MW2 a lot, maybe it was because I was like 13/14 at the time, but it was just fun. The maps were great too. From then on, the games have been really boring in my opinion. Bought MW3, played it for 2 weeks then never touched it again, which was a huge waste. That's why I didn't buy BO2, because I barely liked the first one either.

You're only a little older than me?

...I did not know that.

And I didn't know you were only 14 or whatever you are, you don't act it. Thank god, I'm sick of stereotypical people our age on the internet.

I am thankful for this. I hate having to babysit, I'm glad you two can operate a keyboard and form a coherent thought.