on that note it would be nice to be able to interact with dead bodies, like picking them up/ dropping them, looting like RDR, etc...

Necrophilia ftw.

• Like 1

Do you think GTAV will feature cloth physics or apex? How about volumetric/dynamic smoke when you burnout?Lets say you're cruisin down the I5 and all of a sudden a big ass tanker truck cuts you off "oh shit!" you swerve uncontrollably across the freeway! The truck swerves too, and jacknives. A cloud of billowing smoke rises from the tires. A dude in a sports car slams into the jaknifed truck, smoke is now poring out. You jump out of your car and begin sprinting away with your badass trench flapping wildly. BOOM! The tank ruptures and the tanker explodes. Shrapnel flies through the air. The ground shakes.

• Like 1

Do you think GTAV will feature cloth physics or apex? How about volumetric/dynamic smoke when you burnout?Lets say you're cruisin down the I5 and all of a sudden a big ass tanker truck cuts you off "oh shit!" you swerve uncontrollably across the freeway! The truck swerves too, and jacknives. A cloud of billowing smoke rises from the tires. A dude in a sports car slams into the jaknifed truck, smoke is now poring out. You jump out of your car and begin sprinting away with your badass trench flapping wildly. BOOM! The tank ruptures and the tanker explodes. Shrapnel flies through the air. The ground shakes.

...w-w-w-what happens next???? Thats some grippin storytelling you got there buddy! :thumbup:

And allthough the necrophillia suggestion, by Bundy, sounds tempting, I would settle for just the looting of the bodies. Like RDR, but also Assassins creed had that implemented, which is dope. I hope they extend the feature so as you can not only loot them for money and/or items, but also wear the looted items. Like when you see a dude with a gold chain and a gold rolex, you can shoot him point blank or lure him in an alley (slap him once and retreat in the alley!) and kill him quietly and then take his shit!

And this would work with chains, watches, sunglasses (its Cali people!) and what not. Then you could also deliver it to pawnshops for cash. Just like the sell feature in RDR with the animal skins and shit. I would love little things like that, it would make me drive around to find the biggest dude, with the biggest chain an str8 wack his ass!!!

• Like 1

...w-w-w-what happens next???? Thats some grippin storytelling you got there buddy! :thumbup:

And allthough the necrophillia suggestion, by Bundy, sounds tempting, I would settle for just the looting of the bodies. Like RDR, but also Assassins creed had that implemented, which is dope. I hope they extend the feature so as you can not only loot them for money and/or items, but also wear the looted items. Like when you see a dude with a gold chain and a gold rolex, you can shoot him point blank or lure him in an alley (slap him once and retreat in the alley!) and kill him quietly and then take his shit!

And this would work with chains, watches, sunglasses (its Cali people!) and what not. Then you could also deliver it to pawnshops for cash. Just like the sell feature in RDR with the animal skins and shit. I would love little things like that, it would make me drive around to find the biggest dude, with the biggest chain an str8 wack his ass!!!

Haha i know, pretty imaginative, and that is actualy what i imagined the game to look. I mean, tankers that COULD be carrying somthing ( more than likely gasoline, altough a certain misson it might be somthing else), and it could leak and explode. I like the looting idea, Buut i think itd take away from the main focus of the game. to an extent, it would be awesome to just steal ur stuff than buy it, but that could be a good idea if it is done right. Have huge mansion with a room filled with stoled luxury items, that sounds pretty appealing to me. I guess that has nothing to do with physics realy, buuut its a great idea none-the-less! :P

• Like 1

Is propagating fire part of the physics engine?

I want that back. If they are bringing back the countryside, I really wanna start a forest fire. Bad.

Haha i know, pretty imaginative, and that is actualy what i imagined the game to look. I mean, tankers that COULD be carrying somthing ( more than likely gasoline, altough a certain misson it might be somthing else), and it could leak and explode. I like the looting idea, Buut i think itd take away from the main focus of the game. to an extent, it would be awesome to just steal ur stuff than buy it, but that could be a good idea if it is done right. Have huge mansion with a room filled with stoled luxury items, that sounds pretty appealing to me. I guess that has nothing to do with physics realy, buuut its a great idea none-the-less! :P

Shoplifting like in Mafia II would be interesting.

I want that back. If they are bringing back the countryside, I really wanna start a forest fire. Bad.

Yea, i have never played Mafia 2, although shoplifting does seem like a good idea. I dont want it to turn into an RPG where you have a "back pack" filled with crap. I think if rockstar can find a good way to fit that into the game, then i think they should.

Yea, i have never played Mafia 2, although shoplifting does seem like a good idea. I dont want it to turn into an RPG where you have a "back pack" filled with crap. I think if rockstar can find a good way to fit that into the game, then i think they should.

been a while since I played mafia 2, but if I remeber correctly, it's just taking the cash and not actual shoplifting.

The car damage needs to be redone to the whole car. The trunk doors never came off, only when the car blows up. I think we should have the ability to have full control of the car features like opening the hood/trunk and being able to place stuff in there. Going off a high jump from the highest point in the game and landing on the wheels without the wheels going through the wheel well or the shocks completely bursts. That would be awesome to see.

Having controll of the car would be aweseome. The thing about being able to place things in the trunk is a good idea, but would you put in there? and some non realisticness needs to be kept so you can actualy play the game. If they fix up the crash physics from GTA 4 and make them more realistic, then it would be ok.

it would be nice to be able to put bodies in the trunk, on that note it would be nice to be able to interact with dead bodies, like picking them up/ dropping them, looting like RDR, etc...

Definitely! I think it would be good if you kill someone, you can also hide the body. I know this sounds similar to body in the trunk, but maybe drag their body to a nearby river or forest...maybe actually bury them...?

The car handling physics also need to improve a bit, as I've said, the physics in GTA IV were good at the time, but are now dated. I thought the car handling in LA NOIRE were good, especially considering they were old cars.

I think the car andling in L.A. Noire is atrocious, too light and causes you to oversteer into every lampost. Doubt it will happen but steering sensitivity controls would be a nice touch in GTA V.

I know what you mean in saying that, it was very easy to overturn on streets and stuff.

Could you shoplift in Mafia II :L

I've never overturned a car in L.A. Noire. :huh:

Realy? i havent played the game myself, realy looking for some extra cash to get it, But ive heard the cars are realy heavy and they oversteer? if thats the case you are a pretty good driver ;) .

I've never overturned a car in L.A. Noire. :huh:

Realy? i havent played the game myself, realy looking for some extra cash to get it, But ive heard the cars are realy heavy and they oversteer? if thats the case you are a pretty good driver ;) .

Yeah they're really sluggish but I don't think I've ever flipped a car in it.

in gta 4 the pyshics were kinda dumb when you crash a motorbike. you hit something head on, niko is catapulted upwards, which of course results in a splattery death. its unrealistic to be shot upwards. if youre travelling forwards at high speed and hit something, you will continue going forwards, not up.

also bailing out of a car needs to be improved. yeah, you will roll about abit but the character should at least jump out at a sensible position, not just faceplant out of the car lol

Could you shoplift in Mafia II :L

Yup. You could steal any item in a store. Clothes, ammo, whatever.

Well, gonna give this a try then!

I have no idea about Mafia 2, But if thats how the Shoplifiting mechanics are, then that is a good idea. I think you should pay for clothes, but if you go into a hunting store, you should have the option to buy ammo, or steal it with teh chance of geting a 2 star or 1 star wanted level. Idk, there could be some problems with that paticular system, but i think if R* realy wanted to add that, then they would make it work.

Think cars should be able to flip more easily, wreck out easier. Basically I want some badass crashes. I think its about time also that when you kill someone in a car, instead of an animation their body does just flop onto the dashboard or wherever the body ends up lying lol

We've discussed it before but cars really need to show more damage....in GTA IV they were a lil too strong and heavy set.

• Like 1

I would like to see better bullet physics. Bullet speed no insta hit. Bullet piercing some stuff not only glass. Wooden boards should be penetrable ect. Also not only npc being affected by bullets. Player should be ragdolled too when hit by bullet! I used script for that and that was much better experience and challenge.

I would like to see better bullet physics. Bullet speed no insta hit. Bullet piercing some stuff not only glass. Wooden boards should be penetrable ect. Also not only npc being affected by bullets. Player should be ragdolled too when hit by bullet! I used script for that and that was much better experience and challenge.

Yeah I like the bullet speed idea, it can give you a split second chance to roll out of the way in a dangerous situation.

• Like 1

Fucking cloth physics FTW go fucking neo dodging bullets in your flapping trench coat. Particles are a definite. Crashes ...errr um better chances of spectacular rollovers maybe? Nice tig ol explosions for certain things; gas tankers to rpgs.

• Like 1

For me, the physic bullet in GTAIV and RDR were fine. It is true that I am waiting for innovation so I would prefer It was better. I do not know what do you think about the physic of vehicles when you try a jump. For example, in my opinion, in GTAIV the feeling when you jumped with a car or motorbike was like you were.....floating, besides when you rode a motorbike and jumped hardlyever crashed. You could do spin in the air, somersault and you don not really need much speed....the character always landed fine....it was strange...I think...the physic vehicles could be better.

• Like 1

I want more interaction with the overall environment. Like...

1) If we cant enter more buildings then at-least make the ladders climbable. So we can hide & run on rooftops like in MAFIA. It will be usable in Drug wars, Gang Wars etc. Even it can affect the main story missions also. Like sniping from high buildings near your mission location etc...

2) As many people said before, cars physics should be improved. Like damage to the car must vary in different situations. Like if cars strikes lightly then it should brokedown or axels/rims should bend, speed slows down. If it fell from high, tires should pop-out first then car may catch fire & then it might explode...

3)Also the damage because of weapons should be greatly improved. Same weapon should make different damage to different materials. Like damage to metal & plastic or concrete should be visibly different.

4)Picking up small things & throwing wasn't incorporated much in IV. I think that should also be in V. Because picking & throwing little things like chairs,tyres towards people is great fun. This way we don't get wanted level as we might get while shooting or even with knifing.

5)The ability to grab people & throw away (not too far). This also seems fun.

What I want to say is some more interaction with the surrounding than IV. The little things like this makes the game more fun & enjoyable...

• Like 2

2) As many people said before, cars physics should be improved. Like damage to the car must vary in different situations. Like if cars strikes lightly then it should brokedown or axels/rims should bend, speed slows down. If it fell from high, tires should pop-out first then car may catch fire & then it might explode...

I strongly agree on that. While playing gta 4 and experiencing car physics for the first time it was nice, it felt that they got mass and tire grip give realistic feel not like in plastic games like NFS ect. But then when I saw that cars got weird center mass and they tend to get back on wheels while laying on side or even roof and that as player I can move car while it lay on roof and sometimes rock it so car get back on wheels it felt very weird and I strongly disliked it so after programs allowing to edit handling show up in net I tried to eliminate it and I accomplished it in 90% but some cars was hard to edit because they was easy to flip on side while entering curves ect. So it was harder to make them stay on ground while tight corners but also eliminate their ability to easily get back on wheels while they lying on side. And as you mentioned falling on wheels from heights made cars and bikes unrealistically indestructable. I bet they did it for those hidden jump platforms. But it ruined that realism feel. People should watch more stuff about car crashes. But I doubt that all of them will understand this because they are simple minded and when they use games to entertain themselves they dond care at all about real life physics and other stuff. They want dumbed down fun... It is sad for me because I am in minority players that like realism feel in game entertainment. And developers care only for those majority because they are the most milk giving cows so they do everything for them and others can see that developers are just money wanting scums which dont care about those minorities at all.