Apart from my other fourm ( Weather and Setting) , i also wanted to hear your thoughts and ideas on the physics in the game. particularly the bullet impacts. Should R* pay more attention to that part of the game? or was GTA 4 good enough? What are some specific things you would want physics-wise other than that?

post-5975-0-71150200-1343276498.jpg

i liked the phisics in 4 cause they were realistic but not to good where you cant do fun shit like jumping out of a car and hit a curb funny and u go flying which is funny and fun as fuck

with bullet impact, i think that max payne 3 nailed it. the one thing i liked most is how you can shoot someone and they die before they even hit the ground. idk if you have done it, but sometimes if you shoot someone, they drop their gun and their arms drop and they stand straight up, then proceed to collapse.

at 2:28 is what i was talking about

Id like to see more car physics. Like maybe wheels falling off or a broken axis from a hard fall. The crash/damage engine was greatly improved from all the other games to 4, but i want to see just a bit more realism in how the car is shaped after a crash. It just looked wierd when your car ended up like:607034-gta4damage1_super.jpg

I think I said this in one of the car threads already, but I'm with the improved car damage thing.

I like the basic realism cars deform upon impact and in realtion to velocity, hitzone and object hit. (plus, of course, the eyecandy like scratches and even the bullet holes)

I also find it kind of a nice catch that mirrors, doors, hoods and attachments like taxi signs react to inertia upon impact or whatever else would set them lose.

If this would be included for other things aswell, first and foremost the bumpers and wheels, but also other things like hardtops on convertibles (I know the felzer came with soft- and hardtop) and maybe even exhausts that get ripped off.

I would even go as far as to ask for a damage model, that makes a difference whether the hit part is plastic or metal to accomodate for the fact that most cars nowadays have plastic bumpers and sideskirts, thus giving us breaking/splintering bumpers and bending doors, hoods etc and that roofs can actually be torn off when crashing under a rig.

but as I think that little of these changes are actually implemented I would feel perfectly fine if the deformation would look realistic all the way from a little dent to a completely trashed car, so scenes like bboi posted wont happen.

Character physics were fine in RDR. But car physics should definitely be improved. Also there should be more destructible items, like fences, railings, trees, benches, too some extent small buildings (like a shack), some walls and stuff like that. Just to add some more realism, but not too much so you can't do all those epic stunts and such.

Guest Marney-1

One shot - two kills with a sniper rifle and ricocheting bullets so I can bounce a round off a wall to hit someone who's hiding.

• Like 1

i do agree that max payne did set the bar on physics, and i think gta 4 was actually pretty good physics wise, but the vehicle phisics need redone again and maybe the bullet holes/impacts with metal and concrete. I didnt like how you could shoot a refridgerator with a shot gun and then have the same effect on a vehicle. i thought that was kinda cheesy. But the video that IBeNiko posted shows that if they build on the physics of max payne 3, or change some of it ( for the purpose of having a different looking and feeling game), i think GTA 5 has great potential on the visual phisics. And seeing more destructibles in the game like fences, railings and trees would be a Cherry on top. I have seen that some people want destuctible buildings that get repaired over a few game days/weeks, and i have to agree that it would be pretty sick.

Vehicles should def be redone and i think GTA 4 did a pretty good job with the new engine going from GTA SA to the more realistic damage that made the game look so good. but on the other hand, it was pretty bad too i agree with the newer plastic cars they parts should snap and shatter like they would in real life. i think the player should receive no damage in high speed impacts, like if you crashed a helcopter with no propellers in 4. it would make since if they did, but it would take away from the fun and just piss people off.

Always preferred Havok myself. Endorphin is a bit weird and I think partially led to the issues where bailing from your car could result in death (constantly bouncing, unrealistic imo)

for car damage i think that it would be great if when shooting at a car, it only blows up if you shoot enough bullets at the engine, or the engine dies, because i hate how if you shoot a door enough times the whole car blows up.

Yea i agree that there has to be damage to the engine or gas tank to blow up. Scratch that, i think that cars shouldn't explode ,and shouldn't turn all charred like in Gta 4. Real damage should be done to the vehicle if the gas tank is shot or if explosives have been used on the vehicle.

The car damage needs to be redone to the whole car. The trunk doors never came off, only when the car blows up. I think we should have the ability to have full control of the car features like opening the hood/trunk and being able to place stuff in there. Going off a high jump from the highest point in the game and landing on the wheels without the wheels going through the wheel well or the shocks completely bursts. That would be awesome to see.

Character physics were fine in RDR. But car physics should definitely be improved. Also there should be more destructible items, like fences, railings, trees, benches, too some extent small buildings (like a shack), some walls and stuff like that. Just to add some more realism, but not too much so you can't do all those epic stunts and such.

In GTA IV there were shacks by the docks on the east side of Alderney that had realistic destruction properties. Those were fun as hell.

The car damage needs to be redone to the whole car. The trunk doors never came off, only when the car blows up. I think we should have the ability to have full control of the car features like opening the hood/trunk and being able to place stuff in there. Going off a high jump from the highest point in the game and landing on the wheels without the wheels going through the wheel well or the shocks completely bursts. That would be awesome to see.

Having controll of the car would be aweseome. The thing about being able to place things in the trunk is a good idea, but would you put in there? and some non realisticness needs to be kept so you can actualy play the game. If they fix up the crash physics from GTA 4 and make them more realistic, then it would be ok.

The physics in GTA IV were good at the time, but times have changed now that games such as Max Payne 3, Black Ops, etc had great killing physics and games like The Godfather II, Mafia II, Driver: San Francisco had incredible vehicle damage physics in my opinion.

So, GTA IV's physics are now dated, but as we saw in the trailer and the two screenshots, Rockstar have updated their RAGE machine!

So, in GTA V, bullet physics need to be similar to Max Payne 3, where bullets left their mark, if not better. They also need to go back to OLD SCHOOL GTA and have heads, and various body parts be removed!

The vehicle damage physics need to be changed as well. (If you've read "Plane Destruction!" topic, you'll know where I'm going) Planes need to be broken and crashed in various ways, along with cars, bikes, buses, etc.

I personally hated the way cars went on fire in IV, it didn't make sense at all! There needs to be various ways of your vehicle burning!

Also, killing people needs to be interesting. If you have played The Godfather II, you'll notice people can be killed in various ways (mainly whilst doing favors and killing made men). Kidnapping people, throwing them in the trunk, driving to the forest and leaving them for the animals seems pretty creative, knifing people needs to be done various ways, along with where you place your bullets.

If you have a Tommy Gun or LMG, then hundreds of holes can be left in your victim, like the murder of Santino Corleone in The Godfather.

• Like 1

I'm almost sure damage to all the people and animals in the game will be like in Max Payne 3 and RDR. Actual bullet holes and wounds from different weapons. Could still be improved, but that will be the most basic form most likely.

max-payne-3-screenshot-3.jpg

Good enough in my opinion.

Ya MP3 is Very good looking, unfortnatnly i have not played it yet, But i agree if its anywhere as good as Max Payne, its gonna be good

Having controll of the car would be aweseome. The thing about being able to place things in the trunk is a good idea, but would you put in there? and some non realisticness needs to be kept so you can actualy play the game. If they fix up the crash physics from GTA 4 and make them more realistic, then it would be ok.

it would be nice to be able to put bodies in the trunk, on that note it would be nice to be able to interact with dead bodies, like picking them up/ dropping them, looting like RDR, etc...

it would be nice to be able to put bodies in the trunk, on that note it would be nice to be able to interact with dead bodies, like picking them up/ dropping them, looting like RDR, etc...

Ya, its an easyer way not to get a wanted level. plus you should be able to interact with any ped,dead or alive.

The car handling physics also need to improve a bit, as I've said, the physics in GTA IV were good at the time, but are now dated. I thought the car handling in LA NOIRE were good, especially considering they were old cars.

Guest Marney-1

The car handling physics also need to improve a bit, as I've said, the physics in GTA IV were good at the time, but are now dated. I thought the car handling in LA NOIRE were good, especially considering they were old cars.

I think the car andling in L.A. Noire is atrocious, too light and causes you to oversteer into every lampost. Doubt it will happen but steering sensitivity controls would be a nice touch in GTA V.

• Like 1