Kwarb

Weather and Setting

I think if the weather wss like rdr id be impressed. That game was probably the most perfect game r* has made.

yeah, except when you went from hennigans stead to armadillo, and when you descend the mountain it all of a sudden starts raining, even though there were no incoming clouds.

Mystery. Oooooohhhhhhhhh

I loke the weather idea. maybe if there are a few houses in the mountain, have like for f150 or chevy 3500 style pick up trucks with snow plows and beacon lights on the top... just a though

I love the ideeno of snowmobiling!! Also be able to keep a boat and trailer to transport it. Snow machines like plows on the mountain. Also if there is snomobiles, be able to water skip with them. also add some five finger death punch soundtracks to the radio!! one more thing, be able to control the forks on a forklift and pick stuff up or control the buckets on a skid loader!

I think hail is less likely than snow.

Hail is always associated with thunderstorm activity, so everywhere there is an active thunderstorm cell or the convective activity to cause thunderstorms, there's a chance for hail.

Snow, on the other hand... ah you know what's needed to get snow.

Since there's definitely thunderstorms in LA but barely the needed low temperatures to get snow, I'd say hail is much more likely than snow in LA

i hope theres snow in the city

it wont be.. just heavy rain and maybe hail.

Omg i was bng sarcastic, snow on LS (LA)

i was being sarcastic also.. it snows every day in LA..

I'd LOVE to have it where it changed seasons from Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Snow, Rain and foggy and even hurricanes and tornados to make it really real!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd LOVE to have it where it changed seasons from Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Snow, Rain and foggy and even hurricanes and tornados to make it really real!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never mind the fact that LA doesn't really experience seasons, Hurricanes almost never travel eastward in the Pacific, and although tornados can happen anywhere, Southern California is about the rarest place in the US for them. Calm down.

Never mind the fact that LA doesn't really experience seasons, Hurricanes almost never travel eastward in the Pacific, and although tornados can happen anywhere, Southern California is about the rarest place in the US for them. Calm down.

its pretty confusing out here.. no matter what season it is theirs always a mixture of hot, warm, and cold days..

yeah rather than those id rather it be an earthquake dlc, would be epic if you could choose the magnitude and epicenter

I really would like to see wildfires to some degree on the mountainsides, if there's enough forest. It would be awesome to just be cruising on a scenic drive and suddenly a flaming pine tree crashes down in front of you, you turn around only to find the road blocked by an overturned semi with huge fires encroaching on the road. It would certainly make for yet another bit of excitement and surprise.

Well, after the confirmation ofdynamic weather, I feel that certain weather effects should be present. Including:

Sandstorms

Typhoons

Flooding (confirmed)

Rough seas (confirmed)

Snow (in the moutains)

Approaching storms (seeing a great storm cloud approaching the city, instead of rain magically appearing)

Vehicles effected by weather

Rouge waves (far out at sea)

What do you guys think?

Lovely. I'll get right on searching for this "some website".

Your comments make me laugh.

I do remember seeing this screenshot of Trevor watching over a trailer drifting away in the water.. I was never sure of wether that water was just a river or a flood. Couldn't find the screenshot after looking for about two minutes so I stopped caring.

But anyway that might be where the people over at "some website" got that from.

Anyone remember if rain in IV affected the handling of vehicles.

It did, annoyingly. But I liked it.

Yeah i know alot of people disliked IV's driving dynamics. i was not one of them granted it needed a few tweaks. One being that the cars were to light causing them to be knocked off course easily and the suspension was a bit mushy. but i was playing San An a few days ago and it's amazing how far we've come.

No I mean like aircraft are influenced by wind/ weather and stuff. Or if you're in a car high in the mountains , the wind lightly moves your car.

No I mean like aircraft are influenced by wind/ weather and stuff. Or if you're in a car high in the mountains , the wind lightly moves your car.

It did that in San Andreas actually, try flying a chopper with the sandstorm cheat on. The cars on mountains one would be a cool feature same with bridges in stormy weather. Another thing i think would be cool is if it's raining dirt roads become muddy and driving them becomes like driving on flats and if you stop you get stuck. unless of course you have an 87 jeep tj.

I'm a big weather buff myself. I actually want to be a storm chaser someday. But anyway, I have a few suggestions to make about weather. 1. If the game is going to have a local news station, why not have a local weather station too. You need to have the forecast so you can plan your missions according to what the weather will be like the next day, week, etc. 2. If you want realistic wind storm events, you would want to limit how strong the winds can get in the game. If the winds are over 58 mph, it will start causing structural damage. If the buildings can't be damaged, then winds in the game should not exceed 55 mph. At 40 - 50 mph in-game, patio furniture and umbrellas could begin to fly away, and people may have difficulty walking against it, but it won't be enough to damage buildings. 3. There should be snow in the mountainous areas, but not just any ordinary snow. It should be snow with many different levels of intensity, and combined with winds of 35+ mph to make it a blizzard. But the snowfall rates should be as follows (from lightest to heaviest): flurry, light snow, snow shower, moderate snow, moderately heavy snow, heavy snow, and whiteout conditions. On occasion, mix the wind with the heavier snowfall rates, and you'll have a blizzard. I think it would be cool to have realistic weather that you have to plan ahead for when scheduling a mission. Tuning into local weather broadcasts would be very helpful in planning missions.

Edited by GTAGreg22

I'm a big weather buff myself. I actually want to be a storm chaser someday. But anyway, I have a few suggestions to make about weather. 1. If the game is going to have a local news station, why not have a local weather station too. You need to have the forecast so you can plan your missions according to what the weather will be like the next day, week, etc. 2. If you want realistic wind storm events, you would want to limit how strong the winds can get in the game. If the winds are over 58 mph, it will start causing structural damage. If the buildings can't be damaged, then winds in the game should not exceed 55 mph. At 40 - 50 mph in-game, patio furniture and umbrellas could begin to fly away, and people may have difficulty walking against it, but it won't be enough to damage buildings. 3. There should be snow in the mountainous areas, but not just any ordinary snow. It should be snow with many different levels of intensity, and combined with winds of 35+ mph to make it a blizzard. But the snowfall rates should be as follows (from lightest to heaviest): flurry, light snow, snow shower, moderate snow, moderately heavy snow, heavy snow, and whiteout conditions. On occasion, mix the wind with the heavier snowfall rates, and you'll have a blizzard. I think it would be cool to have realistic weather that you have to plan ahead for when scheduling a mission. Tuning into local weather broadcasts would be very helpful in planning missions.

Storm chaser eh sounds like a good time. I doubt there will be snow being that it takes place in Rockstar's version So. Cal. but it would be pretty cool if it did. Tornadoes would be cool.