Kwarb

Weather and Setting

Since there was snow with actual snow falling in rdr, I feel there's a very high chance we'll at least see a peak of a mountain with some cover. If they do have dynamic weather changes as you reach said area, im not sure it would be as easy to pull off as RDR was, as you can enter that area from any angle, not just the ground with tree cover. The sky would have to drastically in order to make the transition. That will probably be it though, and if we're lucky maybe even some snow vehicles, like the ones that were found in the max payne code.

EDIT: typos and more depth muthafuckas.

Edited by theR2D2midget

As long as when you kill someone, there is blood on the snow ( I always liked that contrast of colours, Bright Red on Bright White ). And the ability to bury bodies in the snow, only to have the snow melt and the bodies be found.

We need the ability to call out ( loudly ) and create Avalanches, that come down on npc's skiing and snowboarding below them.

If it's cold enough, rivers should freeze over. And if you walk over them you risk falling through thin patches of ice damaging your character quickly over a short period of time.

I hope there are snow machines we can use against NPC's ( kind of like the firehose on fire trucks in past GTA's )

And plenty of snow vehicles:

hummer-snow-vehicle.jpgsnowmoblie-10.jpg

And maybe a new job like snow ploughing:

tractor1.jpg

• Like 1

Yea! Like there's a town in the snowy mountains and you steal a snow blower and start grinding up people and spray blood on the houses. Then get a snow plow and honk the horn to make an avalanche come down on the town.

Yea! Like there's a town in the snowy mountains and you steal a snow blower and start grinding up people and spray blood on the houses. Then get a snow plow and honk the horn to make an avalanche come down on the town.

speaking of grinding up people. i want to see the combine harvester make a return, since there is a countryside. i miss running over people with it and having a red cloud with body chunks spitting out of the back of it.

• Like 1

speaking of grinding up people. i want to see the combine harvester make a return, since there is a countryside. i miss running over people with it and having a red cloud with body chunks spitting out of the back of it.

It would look great with the new HD Graphics. :D

• Like 1

Chunks of the body should spray out from the bottom of the combine, not the spout...and a steamrollor should be in there too. Ahhh the disgustingly disturbing possibilities! Trails of guts and body parts stuck in mechanisms. I am seriously crazy, but I like that.

Guns should do wwwwaaaaayyyy more damage on the body.

Alright everyone I live in the LA area. Everyone's first impression of California is sun and no rain. I can drive for one hour to the Angeles National Forest and be skiing immediately on smooth powder. Then I can take highway 173 into the desert and go camping. Lastly I can drive for 1-2hours and go surfing. Also the entire winter is basically a like a rainy season.

Thank you, I have been thinking that the whole time I was reading these post. Snow is very common in our mountains and in the suburban area flooding is not that uncommon ether. See people like to build houses all over southern California despite the fact that a lot of the land is made up of dry river beds and flood plains. I cannot tell you how many times I have seen minor flooding in my city (I am just outside of LA). Also Malibu is known for its floods and mudslides. High winds are also very common here. In fact the Santa Ana Winds we get in the fall often have gust of up to 80MPH + (That's 128km/h for my international friends).

So there are a lot of different weather types that can be present in the game. Winds effecting air craft and driving on those long open highways would be good. Obviously it rarely snows in the city, but I hope we see it in the country side. if there is snow it should definitely effect driving.

As for flooding, if they do have it then it should be limited. Obviously they are not going to have mud slides, but some flooding in the street after an especially large storm would be nice. nothing major, ankle high water maybe? just to add some realism.

Earthquakes would be awesome, but I have a feeling that they would they be scripted. So at a set point in the storyline there is an earthquake that could play into the storyline (maybe it makes it easier to rob a certain bank). then after that mission there could be random aftershocks.

Fog, like others have said, should be real dense like in real life. you cannot see in front of you. Maybe it would be easier to get away from the cops because they cant see you. you could also get a hold of thermal goggles so you could see but others cannot.

Tsunami, no!

Forest Fires, another thing not uncommon to southern California. I do not know how that would work, might have to be scripted, but it could be cool.

I liked the weather effects in RDR, so I hope this is similar.

• Like 2

If they have sea fog, then they should work on having patches soo thick you cannot see 5 feet infront of you when walking or driving. It would make it for a more realistic experience and force you to rely on sound when youre hunting someone down on foot. listening for footsteps and the echos from the gunshots. the sounds of trash cans being knocked over in an allyway. I know IV had it but you could still fly in it and drive just fine. It should be made impossible to fly through unless you know the city settings well. If you remember in SA when you climbed the Mountain you had random planes crash into the side once in a while because of the clouds.

I think if the weather wss like rdr id be impressed. That game was probably the most perfect game r* has made.

yeah, except when you went from hennigans stead to armadillo, and when you descend the mountain it all of a sudden starts raining, even though there were no incoming clouds.