Kwarb

Weather and Setting

In one of the missions they should have a tsunami and ur character is supposed to flee los santos and go to liberty city. That would be an awsome mission.

Just saw this and it made me fucking laugh...

Where do people come up with this shit? So if a tsunami hits Los Angeles - which correct me if i'm wrong is highly unlikely - then the residents have to evacuate and travel across the entire country to go to New York? What the fuck? What the fuck? What the fuck??

Woah woah...I can't comprehend this post...it's too logical and probable and outright a good idea for a game. This kind of post does not belong in the GTA V discussion. Please just bring your intellect too the asylum and let it be gone with.

Sorry, I meant to say; "weeeellll so dont like u fink it wuld b cool if wen u dyed u wen 2 heavan an saw 2pac an biggie an u rap wid dem an roll on ballas an smoke an ryder 4 bitrayin grovestreet caus dat relly pissed me off also u shud b abel 2 go 2 d moon cause a bomb blowes up d city in a mission an u hav 2 go 2 d moon to stop d man whose blowen up d city an u save the city an then u get a big house in d city an u get free gunz an shit wudnt dat b coooool??????????"

In one of the missions they should have a tsunami and ur character is supposed to flee los santos and go to liberty city. That would be an awsome mission.

not really but is cool

I do agree on flooding, but more in the country side. Maybe the streets could get flooded sometimes, but it would get annoyed if it happened even after just a slight drizzle. Also since 'GTA' is heading back to San Andreas maybe sand storms? But not as blinding as 'San Andreas' was. Also if thunderstorms could create legit damage and maybe even hurricane like waves. Also since it's in "California" maybe an earthquake would make sense, but maybe that's a bit too much to ask for, Idk. One last idea would be snow. Even though Los Santos (Los Angeles) is pretty far south and a little warm for snow, it would be nice for something different for a change.

I do agree on flooding, but more in the country side. Maybe the streets could get flooded sometimes, but it would get annoyed if it happened even after just a slight drizzle. Also since 'GTA' is heading back to San Andreas maybe sand storms? But not as blinding as 'San Andreas' was. Also if thunderstorms could create legit damage and maybe even hurricane like waves. Also since it's in "California" maybe an earthquake would make sense, but maybe that's a bit too much to ask for, Idk. One last idea would be snow. Even though Los Santos (Los Angeles) is pretty far south and a little warm for snow, it would be nice for something different for a change.

hmm i didnt think of sand storms. I think if they brought back the desert, there could be mild sand storms that come and go, but as long as it isnt like apocolyptic or anything than that would be a good idea too. Fog in the non desert areas needs to come back, and Tsunamis and earth quakes are just a dumb idea. if there are storms the waves cold smash against the shore and could make boating harder, and earthquakes are just not somthing that should be put in a GTA game. For the setting parts, i hope they bring back the forrest and the desert. Both were realy fun and made the game ( gta sa ) have a diffrent feel to it than just having the citys and the feilds.

RDR springs to mind, walking out of the Armadillo saloon in the torrential rain and hearing John's footsteps squelching in the mud. I think more variety of weather would suit me.

Just an idea, but since cars can become dirty in GTA IV perhaps the same addition could be made to the character model, adding an alpha layer of dirt and grime if you happen to spend a lot of time in the countryside. This would facilitate the need to change clothes now and again, meaning you won't go through the game dressed in only one set of clothes.

I have the same feel when you mention RDR, stepping through the puddles of mud, in my dirty cowboy boots, yee-haaah! But anyway, one feature I also loved in RDR with regards to the enviroment, was the night sky. With al the stars out and shit. Really loved it. Walking through the desert, with a bright moon lighting my path, str8 loved it!

I have to say I also love the idea of clothes getting dirty. I personally am a fan of clothes changing (call me a nerd, ftw!) and this would make it more realistic imo. they really nailed it htough in MP3, as a player you really felt the impact of the enviroment on your clothes. I even loved it when in real damp areas (rainforrest like), you could actually see the sweat on the back of his neck! I can understand that since its going to be a huge game, you cant have all these aspects (or else I will have to wield like 8 discs on my xbox!!), but I think the clothes thing is a very realistic option!

RDR springs to mind, walking out of the Armadillo saloon in the torrential rain and hearing John's footsteps squelching in the mud. I think more variety of weather would suit me.

Just an idea, but since cars can become dirty in GTA IV perhaps the same addition could be made to the character model, adding an alpha layer of dirt and grime if you happen to spend a lot of time in the countryside. This would facilitate the need to change clothes now and again, meaning you won't go through the game dressed in only one set of clothes.

I have the same feel when you mention RDR, stepping through the puddles of mud, in my dirty cowboy boots, yee-haaah! But anyway, one feature I also loved in RDR with regards to the enviroment, was the night sky. With al the stars out and shit. Really loved it. Walking through the desert, with a bright moon lighting my path, str8 loved it!

I have to say I also love the idea of clothes getting dirty. I personally am a fan of clothes changing (call me a nerd, ftw!) and this would make it more realistic imo. they really nailed it htough in MP3, as a player you really felt the impact of the enviroment on your clothes. I even loved it when in real damp areas (rainforrest like), you could actually see the sweat on the back of his neck! I can understand that since its going to be a huge game, you cant have all these aspects (or else I will have to wield like 8 discs on my xbox!!), but I think the clothes thing is a very realistic option!

Exactly what i was thinking. Ive seen RDR being played, and it is just a good looking game envoronmentally wise. If Rockstar makes it as detailed (or hopefully way more) as Max Payne 3, it is going to be the best selling game of this year, or maybe all time. It just comes down to the details now a days, i mean, look at all the craze over BF3 when it came out, and Before it there was GTA 4, and so many others that sold almost because of the attention to detail ( at the time, some things werent possible ). But i just hope they make it look even better than max payne 3 all around. Everything needs revamped and rejuvinated. I like the effect of the environment on the clothes. I personaly hope to see that in this game, but i dont think it will make or break it for me. Although it is a REALY good idea...

How About snowaffecting air traffic like when ot snows tou cannot takeoff and you willsee themachines collecting tbe snow and mabie you could hijacked abig boeuing and fly toto another city or crash intho Nother arline and get it to break up in the air or go intho the control rower and give aircraft and mabie mame them cash intho eAchother and make air craft land

Exactly what i was thinking. Ive seen RDR being played, and it is just a good looking game envoronmentally wise. If Rockstar makes it as detailed (or hopefully way more) as Max Payne 3, it is going to be the best selling game of this year, or maybe all time. It just comes down to the details now a days, i mean, look at all the craze over BF3 when it came out, and Before it there was GTA 4, and so many others that sold almost because of the attention to detail ( at the time, some things werent possible ). But i just hope they make it look even better than max payne 3 all around. Everything needs revamped and rejuvinated. I like the effect of the environment on the clothes. I personaly hope to see that in this game, but i dont think it will make or break it for me. Although it is a REALY good idea...

You should really play RDR bro, well worth the time spent on it. I think its a real solid game and it really gives you well-rounded game experience. Loads of variety mission-wise. Pick it up! :thumbup: And the clothes vs. dirt/weather issue, it wouldt brake the game for me, but it could MAKE it for me! (I remember playin gta IV for the first time and just being excited, for the characters to slide sideways in a vehicle, while youre taking a turn in a car, never saw it before!!)

How About snowaffecting air traffic like when ot snows tou cannot takeoff and you willsee themachines collecting tbe snow and mabie you could hijacked abig boeuing and fly toto another city or crash intho Nother arline and get it to break up in the air or go intho the control rower and give aircraft and mabie mame them cash intho eAchother and make air craft land

I am not from the US myself, but I highly doubt we'll end up in blizzards and stuff. I could see heavy weather like rain and heavy winds influince the gameplay regarding to jets and propellor airplanes (But it should only be rare, because I think the overall weather type in California is pretty damn sunny!).

I remember having some landing issues on the desert landing strip in GTA SA when I was landing a chopper in a designated marker, then with heavy winds it could prove a bit of a challenge from time to time.

But I wanna see (ofcourse not too often) the desert sand storms (if there is any mentionable desert region in the game) and some healthy smog in the morning around downtown Los Santos. (This would be every mornig if im not mistaken)

It would be cool if there was Hail the size of baseballs.

So when it Hails car windshields get broken and NPC's get knocked unconscious from blows to the head. That would be entertaining. :P

Also it would be cool if lightning in a thunder storm actually reacted with the environment. Like hitting trees causing road closures and other problems. Plus it would be good if you could ( during a Thunderstorm ) equip a golf club and walk to the top of a hill and actually get hit by lightning either causing instant death or resulting in you gaining supernatural electrical powers ( like Infamous :D ).

Also if there are any earthquakes, they should create massive Tidal Waves ( this would be great for any surfing mini-games ) like 40 to 50 feet high, that flood areas of the city close to the beach ( then sharks can have their fun with any NPC's caught in the flooded streets ). :jumpy:

They should just make a vague idea of the weather, like when its foggy visibility should be low and when its raining there should be a puddle from place to place. It should be affecting driving in that kind of weather like on a sharp turn if you're speeding it should spin you out of control. Maybe when the weather is hot you could see much more cars with open roofs, windows, people wearing much lighter clothing.

Alright everyone I live in the LA area. Everyone's first impression of California is sun and no rain. I can drive for one hour to the Angeles National Forest and be skiing immediately on smooth powder. Then I can take highway 173 into the desert and go camping. Lastly I can drive for 1-2hours and go surfing. Also the entire winter is basically a like a rainy season.

Earth Quakes, Thunderstorms with lightning, hydroplaning, gusting wind, blowing dust, puddles, mud gets things dirty, sun glare, tinted fog, clouds in high elevation, better shadows during day and night cycles....

Curious how "render everything" improves/changes things. Hopefully less pop ins, and vehicles stay in place longer. Also higher sky limit with jets and better view distance on peds, cars, objects.

Snow would be cool in the mountains. Would make for a slippery slope!

I'd love to tear up the side of a slope on a snowmobile... doubt it will happen, but the driving wouldn't be a whole lot different then a mix between quad and jetski.

i just got RDR, and ive been exploring the place called New Austin. Now, looking around,i see that the geography changes VERY quickly. like saguero cactus,rocks and bushes, to Joshua trees, sand, and rocks.going from cholla springs or whatver its called to Gaptooth ridge seems like you are in a completly different place. same with the rest of the locations compared to their nebhoring areas. Does anyone think that when rockstar creates the desert in GTA 5, they should stick with the same general stuff, just varried? i dont want to drive a minute or less and go from plains, to the sonoran desert, then to the mojave. idk why i care so much about this stuff, but it was just a liiiitttle dissapointing when i found that out in RDR today. i understand there has to be different places and all, but in RDR they change quite suddenly.

If there's going to be snow have the characters and peds leave their fucking footprints in it. If not, don't bother. The amount of games i've played where you walk through snow and do not leave a dent on is ridiculous.

• Like 1

i don't see any reason why they couldn't include it.

is there snowy areas around los angeles?

im not expecting a system where it could snow anywhere on the map and you see it gradually build up on the streets, but just an area where there's all ready snow on the ground and its snowing.

the mountains of red dead had snow, but i haven't played it in a while. did it actual have snowfall?