Kwarb

Weather and Setting

Anyone remember if rain in IV affected the handling of vehicles.

It did, annoyingly. But I liked it.

Yeah i know alot of people disliked IV's driving dynamics. i was not one of them granted it needed a few tweaks. One being that the cars were to light causing them to be knocked off course easily and the suspension was a bit mushy. but i was playing San An a few days ago and it's amazing how far we've come.

I did like in IV that if you turned to hard in a truck it would go on two wheels then flip

I would like to see random lighting strikes maybe setting trees on fire or striking in front of the player.

Driving in the rain in GTA lV felt like you were driving on ice.

I would like to see random lighting strikes maybe setting trees on fire or striking in front of the player.

Yes to lightning actually striking things in the environment.

But it would be even better if your character could be struck by lightning while on-foot or in a vehicle as well. Plus maybe you could improve your chances of this rare event occurring ( it could even be part of an Easter Egg ), like say playing golf on the highest point of the golf course during a Lightning Storm ( could be the 18th hole on a big hill/ after being struck you could either die or be energised from the power of the lightning, making you temporarily invincible ).

Or if you're in an aircraft you could literally fly into a thunderstorm's clouds, and within a couple of seconds get struck by lightning, which would then either send you out of control, or instantly disintegrate/ blow up your aircraft with you inside it.

Driving in the rain in GTA lV felt like you were driving on ice.

Yes to lightning actually striking things in the environment.

But it would be even better if your character could be struck by lightning while on-foot or in a vehicle as well. Plus maybe you could improve your chances of this rare event occurring ( it could even be part of an Easter Egg ), like say playing golf on the highest point of the golf course during a Lightning Storm ( could be the 18th hole on a big hill/ after being struck you could either die or be energised from the power of the lightning, making you temporarily invincible ).

Or if you're in an aircraft you could literally fly into a thunderstorm's clouds, and within a couple of seconds get struck by lightning, which would then either send you out of control, or instantly disintegrate/ blow up your aircraft with you inside it.

That would be good, think there was/is an island in Just Cause 2 that if you flew over it a lightning strike caused your plane to catch fire and dive out of control. But it depends on how realistic they make the game as in reality a lightning strike on a plane would have very little effect

• Like 1

I was going to make a topic about achievemeis but I'm pretty sure I don't need to just to say, I think it'd be awesome to get an achievement if you get struck by lightning.

But it has to be perfect you have to be high, and the only standing thing out there, ect., ect.

I'd just like to see some achievements for something that's out of your hands something that takes 80% chance and 20% something you do.

• Like 2

I was going to make a topic about achievemeis but I'm pretty sure I don't need to just to say, I think it'd be awesome to get an achievement if you get struck by lightning.

But it has to be perfect you have to be high, and the only standing thing out there, ect., ect.

I'd just like to see some achievements for something that's out of your hands something that takes 80% chance and 20% something you do.

that's one way to piss off trophy buffs. It reminds me of that GTA IV trophy that you had to win every variation of multiplayer mode in one sitting. I had LITERALLY 1 thing left and my Wi-Fi disconnected

how good would it be when it rains it leaves puddles on the road and you see some shady looking prick

on the side of the road you swerve and get him/her wet

In one of the missions they should have a tsunami and ur character is supposed to flee los santos and go to liberty city. That would be an awsome mission.

Dunno about anyone else but I'd be pissed off if I had to go back there.

I would be too, it would just be BS. That is a little too saints row for me. A tsunami would be pretty stupid anyway, but having to go back to Liberty City, that takes it to a whole nother level.

really a tsunami if there was one i dont think franklin would survive :)

really a tsunami if there was one i dont think franklin would survive :)

Hey honky, don't be racist. I know a black person that can swim, sorta.

Also, when is the last time tsunami's hit california?

• Like 1

Either way, I want to see a flying f*cking cow!

So I'm guessing earthquakes have been discussed? Where's your Statistic Map now?!, then when we beat the game we get a "2012" earthquake going?.

It's probably just me, but I faintly remember being able to get stuck by lightning whilst flying a plane in GTA:SA

Yeah... It's just you.

• Like 2

Kinda going back to my last post, I just thought of a good way to get your local weather forecast in the game. An example would be hearing it on the car radio something like this: "Good morning Los Santos. Today's high looks to be a balmy 97 degrees under sunny skies, with light winds and high humidity. Slight chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon. Tomorrow, look for partly cloudy skies and somewhat cooler temps. only 88 degrees. Slight chance of storms. And that's today's weather from Los Santos Radio Weather. Now here's some hard rock..."

Sound like a cool idea anyone? I think it would be funny actually to implement that into the in-game car radio stations. I mean, not only do I want to be a storm chaser myself someday, that's only part of it. All my life I've wanted to be on TV broadcasting the weather from The Weather Channel in Atlanta, GA.

Realistic season changes and realistic fog unlike gta iv and even to the point to where the wind can affect your driving. And there also be weather forecast on the radio and it will tell you the real weather for that day or that week like for example: Today's going to be sunny with a chance of rain and humidity and a high of 89 degrees today

I like my weather reports with a little sexual innuendo, the weather reports on the radio in GTA IV were fine. Maybe there's an app for the game's smartphone to provide more detailed weather, but I don't really think it should be more than sunny, cloudy, rain, etc.

Although I like the idea of wind effecting car handling.

Weather affecting handling is always fun, as the rain did a little in IV, but I'd like it to be so torrential at times that you can barely see. Giant puddles in certain parts of the road that cause hydroplaning would be pretty sweet and a good old emergency alert message interrupting the radio would be neat too...

• Like 1