Guest Marney-1

What's next from Rockstar Games?

Guest Marney-1

As well as the Grand Theft Auto series Rockstar have given us a host of brilliant games like The Warriors, Midnight Club, Red Dead Redemption, L.A. Noire, Max Payne 3 not to mention GTA V and Agent on the 'coming soon' list but what else are they working on?

Do you think they're working on Bully 2, L.A. Noire 2, a new Red Dead or a completely new franchise altogether? Will the next game be for the current generation hardware or will we have to wait for the likes of PS4* and Xbox720*?

rockstar_decay_white_256x256.jpg

Be interesting to hear what kind of game(s) people want/expect Rockstar to announce next.

Well a new RDR somewhere down the line, the fact they gave it a mention in the Max Payne advert on telly next to GTA means they obviously hold it in high esteem.

I'd expect a new RDR by 2016 at latest.

Smugglers run would be cool. Add a whole bunch of features like getting out of vehicles and shooting guns. Etc.

• Like 1

I would love a Modern Day L.A. Noire with multiplayer, take on the role as a patrol officer. Next gen so we use less discs :P

Games people expect are boring. RDR, Noire, Bully. Meh. I want a new RDR, but no good times will come from discussing if/when you expect it.

Be interesting to hear what kind of game(s) people want Rockstar to announce next.

Focus on that.

I made a topic for this on the old forums, and I said I wanted R* to try their hand at a post-apocalyptic game. That has not changed.

• Like 1

Games people expect are boring. RDR, Noire, Bully. Meh. I want a new RDR, but no good times will come from discussing if/when you expect it.

Be interesting to hear what kind of game(s) people want Rockstar to announce next.

Focus on that.

I made a topic for this on the old forums, and I said I wanted R* to try their hand at a post-apocalyptic game. That has not changed.

Nah I don't think they'd stray into that domain, far too saturated as it is. Well not post-apocalyptic... just futuristic. I am mistakenly treating those two genres as the same, which they are not, but they draw a close parallel. Luckily I don't follow 99% of games that are released so I cannot name any examples.

Fallout is the only post-apocalyptic series of worth.

On the subject of futuristic games, though, I would love to see R* make a game that is basically GTA set in the future, just as RDR was GTA set in the past. Would be the only futuristic game I would bother to play, outside of the Mass Effect series.

• Like 1

So you'd like to see a R* extrapolation of Fallout? Hmm, i'm still not sure their sense of humour would transfer into such a world.

I applaude thee sir, assuming they were genuine hyphen requiring words and not just tacked onto the end of the sentence - which is below you, well below. Oh look there's one!

Mass that's a good point about future style GTA. I think Red Faction tried something like that on Mars, but failed. It wasn't really that much like GTA.

For some reason blade runner comes to mind when i think of GTA in the future... Bloody 80's sci-fi's and their terrible technology predictions!

R* decided to make a Warriors game. I'd love to see other classic films made into games, or even games inspired by films like:

A Clockwork Orange (already mentioned that)

Leon (Fully based on the film, the relationship between leon and the girl)

Sin City (Nice Noir feel)

Quadrophenia (great era, nice setting)

Back to the Future (A proper stay-true-to-the-movie third person game)

Pirates (maybe not fully based on any one pirate film, but inspired by)

Medieval (Not based in any particular film, just a gritty story based in a medieval setting)

Also, what would be good, is take some of the worst films of all time, and make them into something decent. Some of the worst films have some of the most bizarre story elements, which could work if executed properly...

Guest Marney-1

@DuP' - Rockstar already went down the Quadrophenia route with We Are The Mods but canned it. Who's to say they won't blow the dust off that idea in the future though? I was hoping for a pirate game but with 2K Games already throwing out Sid Meier's Pirates! I doubt Rockstar will touch on that type of setting.

I like the idea of making a kick-ass game out of shitty movies and especially like the medieval idea.

Oh and i would really love a game based on Dexter. A vigilante serial killer who only kills killers.... Sounds a little bit like manhunt now i come to think of it, but Dexter is awesome!

• Like 1

BULLY 2.

Being that development kits are out (http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2012/07/04/rumour-images-of-xbox-durango-dev-kit-leak/) (Also, I know the person selling them and the images weren't blurry at all.) I'd suggest one of the next games they'll release will be for Next gen systems, but probably THEE next game they release will still be current gen.

No that was Red Dead Automobile, Grand Theft Auto was based on it.

I'm sure I posted some random thoughts on a pirate game some years ago, but I still think it would be epic: Sailing from port to port, evading an armarda of ships, boarding a British frigate during the heat of an intense naval battle and hacking the crew to death with a boarding axe, plundering their loot and escaping to your island hideout to stash it... all in real time. Not sure how the plot would play out but fuck it, it sounds good enough to me without a plot, that would only add to the cum-factor.

A British theme or Germanic theme Medieval Times would be cool. I feel the Renaissance era would be better as in general times were higher, not great but higher. Maybe even Victorian or early 1900's during the Industrial Revolution. It would definitively touch on new grounds never experienced before for a sandbox game, and would probably be well worth the play since it is R*.

Guest Marney-1

I would love a GTA game set in a futuristic noir setting similar to Blade Runner.

I'm hoping for something that's nothing like GTA tbh.