Guest Marney-1

What's next from Rockstar Games?

he's got sources, which i am pretty sure i know who that source is... but just seeing him be wrong for once feels nice, his little cult of followers eat up everything he says like he's some god... i'm tired of everything always being spoiled, it's nice to see it backfire lol...

Social media really made me hate the R* community, probably because I'm seeing shit from people who aren't from our corner of the wastes. EVERYONE on Twitter pisses me off, lately.

• Like 2

the twitter gta community really pisses me off nowadays... i've unfollowed so many of them this year... they're all a bunch of hardcore fanboys who only play their games... like try something else ffs, you might actually like it... i am fucking bored of looking thru snapmatics, i unfollowed a lot of the ones who post a bunch of them or RT a bunch of them...

that being said, i'll play the fuck out of a new red dead, take a lot of snaps and shit... but i am keeping my feed clean of those habitual abusers of it...

---

here we go with rumors again <_<

Ah, yes. The trailer for the new Red Dead has a radical Islamist killing people with an AR-15 in a gay club. Makes perfect sense.

Actually, I think I'll go ahead and reply to him. Whoever the fuck he is.

• Like 3

Just don't call them dick riders on Twitter, whatever you do. Next thing you know they'll be talking about how their source says the new game is called Red Dead Dick Riders.

Which would kind of fit the gay club thing, now that I think about it.

• Like 2

I had zero hope for an announcement of a new Rockstar game from Sony. Not even a GTA V mobile spinoff - which is the best we could hope for.

Rockstar announces big things on their own terms. Not going to change for a long time.

One thing i've just realised i'd fucking love in the next Red Dead is the settlement builder from Fallout 4. Imagine it, you're out in the wild west in the 1870's, you stop at an old dusty trail near a babbling brook. You pitch a tent for the evening under an old tree, taking in the scenery you start to enjoy the solitude of this place, you mark it on your map the next morning and ride to the nearest town where you buy some building supplies. Returning to the location you pick a spot for your cabin near the brook. Fast forward 10 years into the story and your settlement has a post office, a church, a small trading post, a stable and rampant inbreeding... yeah I think I want this, but it'd have to be done right. Maybe you are limited to building three or four settlements across the map, or perhaps you could improve existing settlements too, just not the way that Assassin's Creed does it please.

• Like 3

but back in the day, there was vast plains and wilderness in between small towns... if you start packing a bunch of stuff in, then it's not gonna have the same effect... the vast openness is what makes a game like red dead just feel right...

pretty sure red dead is the next game rockstar is releasing... all these rumors about the E3 trailer just suggests that they're far along in development, and people know about it, so it's only a matter of time before they share something with us about it...

Assuming that map is fake - which I fucking well hope it is, what sort of size do you think would be realistic for the game world, 1.5x the size of Redemption, 2x? GTA V's map is roughly twice as big as 'demption's if Google is to be trusted so perhaps a lil' bigger than V's is possible. R* always seem to make their worlds so organic and natural, so much moreso than other devs, although i'd rate Bethesda quite highly.

i bet it's similar in comparison to GTAV, maybe a little bigger since it's not densly packed with an urban jungle... this could allow for vast plains and mountain ranges to break up the long rides in between towns... and yea, i hope that map is fake too...

Not necessarily, R* are pretty good at making the world feel alive wherever you go, they can definitely get the atmosphere of a place right. But yeah, I think twice the size of RDR will be plenty big for travellingaround on horseback.

I've been hearing more stupid rumours lately about the next Red Dead taking place in the modern day, don't we already have a game like that? It's called Red Dead Automobile.

RDR will get a spring release.. maybe not this spring... but it is a nice springtime game. So i want it released during the spring time. Probably wont buy it if they dont release it during spring. SO i hope they are listening if they want Q to buy it. (And they do).

After RD, I am not sure. I just hope they continue to improve their systems and games. I don't want to see them backslide. We have had some pretty decent releases from them over the last 10 years.