Guest Marney-1

What's next from Rockstar Games?

It was in one of the Asked and Answered I'm pretty sure.

I know I read it for a fact. I'll try to fid it

Found it.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52366/asked-answered-gtav-first-person-experience-online

“After the #GTAV reboot, how about a #RDR reboot?” - @SlyFoxC
“#GTAV on #XboxOne is seriously the pinnacle of awesomeness mountain. Now can we please get a Red Dead sequel please @RockstarGames?” - @FRYMANATION
“So if you’re going to keep making GTA, why not keep making Red Dead Redemption?” - @Austin_Lawson32

It’s wonderful to see so much excitement and enthusiasm for the Red Dead series, and nearly 5 years after Red Dead Redemption’s release(!). As we’ve mentioned when asked in the past about new games in other series such as Red Dead Redemption, Bully and L.A. Noire, we don’t always rush to make sequels, but that does not mean we won’t get to them eventually. We have so many games we want to make and the issue is always one of bandwidth and timing. We thank longtime fans such as yourselves as always for your amazing support and please stay tuned in 2015 for announcements of what’s to come from Rockstar Games.

It's more vague then what I remembered but I take it as a new game announcement. It could just be GTA V story DLC for all we know though.

rockstar used to release a game every year... they had a good run with IV, RDR, LA Noire, MP3, and V... that was a good stretch of games over the course of like 6 years... now they haven't done shit in almost 2 years... GTAO is consuming their lives... they need to create a seperate studio to man that project if they do plan on making GTAO sustainable and fun for many more years...

i for one am bored of it, they need someone else to handle it to keep it relevant, or it's gonna die off slowly... we need more content, more missions, more heists, more random things to do, more contests, etc... remember when there was new content practically every month?? those were the days :(...

i really hope agent is still in the works, it sounded like an awesome idea... perhaps the newgen consoles can handle that ambitious of an idea... i want a good spy game..

I've said it before and I'll say it again. A new bully but at a school on the west coast. But then again they just did the west coast with GTA V.

They could do like a military school in Texas or something. That could be cool.

Also bones. You forgot Midnight Club LA ;)

Edited by Bronson
  • Like 1

rockstar used to release a game every year... they had a good run with IV, RDR, LA Noire, MP3, and V... that was a good stretch of games over the course of like 6 years... now they haven't done shit in almost 2 years... GTAO is consuming their lives... they need to create a seperate studio to man that project if they do plan on making GTAO sustainable and fun for many more years...

i for one am bored of it, they need someone else to handle it to keep it relevant, or it's gonna die off slowly... we need more content, more missions, more heists, more random things to do, more contests, etc... remember when there was new content practically every month?? those were the days :(...

i really hope agent is still in the works, it sounded like an awesome idea... perhaps the newgen consoles can handle that ambitious of an idea... i want a good spy game..

Was agent confirmed as canceled?????

Probably cancelled. But there's a chance that game plot and mechanics were salvaged and reused in the next "new ip" if there ever is one.

We all know R* North will only work on GTA from now on because if the sheer size of the workload, and RDR is their only other big winner in terms of franchises. The Console game industry is already passing it's peak, and i assume R* wont risk too many new IP's since every other game publisher want to go smartphone as an easy cashcow.

I think the next big announcement which isn't GTA related will probably be a new Red Dead... As much as i'd love to see other franchises revived, or new concepts that we've gone over and in this thread, i think it's safe to assume Read Dead.

But Fallout and The Elder Scrolls are indisputably better on PC. At this point, most of the appeal of a Bethesda game is how it can be modded. I have two hundred or more mods for Skyrim.

Most other games are better on console, though.

But enjoy consoles while you can. Games nowadays are catering to casuals, microtransactions, and digital distribution. Wouldn't be surprised if tangible discs stopped being a thing, ten years from now. I wouldn't be surprised if good games stopped being a thing, ten years from now.

Was agent confirmed as canceled?????

No but it's been a long, long time with nothing [official] to show. RDRedemption and LA Noire at least had screenshots and some information during their long developments.

Rockstar San Diego's next game will have "dynamic multiplayer that will be integrated within all areas of gameplay" whatever that means. Lol

Not impressed with this info. I would prefer them to focus more on single player but whatever.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2015/05/22/red-dead-redemption-devs-next-game-will-feature-dynamic-multiplayer

Edited by Bronson
  • Like 1

If consoles die, I won't play video games anymore. Fuck PC and double fuck mobile games.

Game consoles will never die, they just wont be at their peak of trend. Not many big developers making decent games for them, as phones get better, and cloud servers become better, we'll just be streaming top notch PC graphics straight to our phones, which will always have peripherals to add controllers.

Indy developers and geeks will make homebrew consoles like they do with the 80's and 90's stuff now.

And in the future something else will replace phones and start shitty game trends all over again...

I also predict that Nintendo will make a come-back as leading console once the big guns move towards other game investments, even if it isn't trendy to have a home console anymore.

Sorry this is going a bit off topic...

I read on another site, more legit than the one that dude referenced, that the next R* release would be an RDR prequel...  but I am so fucking drunk and stoned right now... I might have dreamed it... or masturbated to the thought of it... I think I got my spelling right... miracle

• Like 2

I'd expect a new RDR by 2016 at latest.

Seems like i'm on course.

I wonder if Agent will ever be a thing or if it hit the pooper entirely.