Guest Marney-1

What's next from Rockstar Games?

How about Rockstar does an Open-World game based on "Escape from New York". I got the idea from this article ~ http://www.ign.com/a...-that-never-was

Seeing how well they handled "The Warriors", I could definitely see them turning John Carpenter's Cult Classic into a great game as well. They could do it with 80's music and an 80's Action Movie Vibe, and give the graphics a washed-out artistic look.

And include all the various Gangs that own different sections of Manhattan, as well as incorporating a new "Duke of New York" as the main Antagonist. Plus it should of course include the Crazies in the Underground Sewers and Train Tunnels/ Stations. They could make it a Third Person Survival RPG, where you can upgrade the weapons of the character and choose perks, as well as scavenge for supplies & ammo. And definitely bring back Kurt Russell to voice Snake.

If Rockstar did decide to make this game, they should make sure that the Original Theme Music is included ~

If not this, then maybe a game based on another John Carpenter Classic; "Big Trouble In Little China".

big-trouble-in-little-china11.jpg

• Like 1

How about Rockstar does an Open-World game based on "Escape from New York".

If not this, then maybe a game based on another John Carpenter Classic; "Big Trouble In Little China".

Good movie, but... I think its too dated for a video game...

Maybe a gta dlc "escape from los santos" :D

The dated 80's Action Vibe suited "Far Cry: Blood Dragon" pretty well.

And "The Warriors" is pretty old as well, but made for a pretty decent game....

• Like 1

This article might point towards the setting of the next GTA. - http://www.ign.com/a...-worth-of-ideas

Extract ~ "It comes from the idea first. Where is it going to be set is the first question. Then that defines the missions; you’re doing different things in LA than in New York or Miami".

They mentioned New York ( GTA lV ), and L.A. ( GTA V ), and Miami. Could this mean that GTA 6 will be set in Vice City?

I fucking hope not. Vice City was a great game, but Miami turned into a depressing shithole after the 80's. And not a fun, Liberty City-style depressing shithole.

Give me San Fierro. Triads and street races as far as the eye can see.

• Like 1

Don't know how welcome people would be to another game set in a gang but Chicago would make the perfect crime ridden shit hole of a city.

Escape from New York is awesome, but Kojima has already taken a lot from Snake Plissken's premise. I like the idea of an open-world apocalyptic New York or even L.A., But would it look too much like GTA or even Manhunt? I guess they managed to do the Warriors pretty well, so it's a decent idea. (i'd be happy as fuck if they made it into a game tbh)

There's plenty of 80's cultural classics which R* could make into a game: Quadrophenia; Karate Kid;Blade Runner; Die Hard, and so many more. I don't know if they'd do that again though, i'm thinking that R* want to make unique home made titles.

• Like 1

I am probably the only one who would want this but here goes...

An open world game set in the late 70's to early 80's in Britain. Similar to GTA in that it would be satirical and humorous, but more like Sleeping Dogs or The Warriors in terms of game play. You start off as a young guy just out of a borstal or kids home looking to find ways to have fun and make money...

Story threads would include rioting football crews, the punk movement and skinhead gangs, the threat of the IRA, miners fighting the government, yardie gangs and organised crime similar to the Krays. Not many guns but a lot of environment based combat using bricks, bottles and whatever else you can find, knives, chains etc... with the odd shotgun and pipe bomb thrown in for good measure.

Will you end up a football hooligan, police nark or a terrorist for the IRA??

• Like 7

As much fun as it would be to bomb innocent Catholics (just kidding. Heh. :ermm: ), I doubt that even Rockstar, the kings of controversy, would cross that line.

This would also be a great excuse to throw in loads of classic Britrock. Any time I can crack some skulls and cut fuckers with bottles under a cloudy English sky with the Kinks blaring, I'm amused.

Cancelled sequel[edit]

A spiritual sequel was planned by Rockstar, which was to be unrelated to The Warriors. The game was to be titled We Are The Mods and was to be set in 1960s England during the mods and rockers brawls.[13] However later in 2009 an arcade game was released entitled "The Warriors: Street Brawl" which is a beat 'em up scroller video game created by CXTM and released on Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows, and Xbox Live Arcade.[14]

As much fun as it would be to bomb innocent Catholics (just kidding. Heh. :ermm: ), I doubt that even Rockstar, the kings of controversy, would cross that line.

I'm sure there are innocent Catholics in San Andreas and I'm sure I've bombed, shot, knifed, punched and driven over them.