Guest Marney-1

What's next from Rockstar Games?

i could actually see a game set quite a few years prior to redemption, in the setting we've all heard before with bill's gang... but i'd actually like to play a bill williamson, before he goes crazy and turns on marston...

I always thought they'd do something with the story of Landon Ricketts. But if we're gonna go with John's old gang, I'd rather play as Dutch.

landon ricketts... now there's an idea ;)... however, the more i think about tying characters from redemption into a new game, the more i think it's not possible considering the amount of player choice marston had... ricketts wouldn't play the game as an evil guy, and dutch and bill wouldn't play the game as good guys...

i am thinking we might need a new character, and a new map... another take on the wild west, maybe pre-automobile times and with more activities and stuff to do to make you forget that the weapons selection isn't as vast and there's no high powered pistol... it's gonna be a tricky endeavor for another RDR...

How about Chicago Noire?

Its revealed Cole Phelps didn't die he survived the flood and hes now a detective in Chicago

What do you guys think?

That's called lazy story telling and/or bad writing.

• Like 2

Why? Not everybody drowns in a sewer and everyone knows they have drop offs, but even so they introduced enough characters in LA Noire to make it a Sequel without being someone with no connection to the original ala Red Dead Redemption & Red Dead Revolver

Why? Not everybody drowns in a sewer and everyone knows they have drop offs,

He would have been found, then. It was a major crime scene, after all.

but even so they introduced enough characters in LA Noire to make it a Sequel without being someone with no connection to the original ala Red Dead Redemption & Red Dead Revolver

Not sure what you're getting there, but I'll try to understand. Taking one character who is "unavailable" and moving them to a new locale is lazy because they are "unavailable." The GTA and RDR main characters never show up in the prior games. They carry on connection with theme and tone.

While true there were plenty of partners that he had or superiors, or rookies that had interaction with him throughout the game. I took their LA Noire series to be their most realistic and even though the GTA Characters do not show up in the next game they make mentions of them in GTA3-SA They talk about the stuff going on in Liberty City and mention Claus so therefore it was believable sequel situation. With RDR even though that was a sequel it was also a semi Reboot too. If you had played both you'd notice the gameplay changed tenfold from one game to the next. In short what I am saying is you take a rookie that was just watching a homicide get solved and go hey that looks awesome thats where I want to be bust his ass get into detective and than his wife wants to move to Chicago and he takes the transfer. Than in Chicago Noire have his boss once in awhile reference Cole or some other uniform mention Cole.

That was my original idea because I haven't fully finished LA Noire so I didn't know if the body was found or not, I know a funeral was held and that was it. I have seen and heard of plenty empty coffin funerals. I am not so good with my words and organizing my thoughts I have been hit in the head too much.

My original idea was a standalone game, you know, in typical R* fashion. No Cole, no CJ's grandfather, no Marston's grandson, just some random gangster creating hell in Chicago in the Capone/Dillinger era without Capone or Dillinger (though they would influence certain characters).

I am not so good with my words and organizing my thoughts I have been hit in the head too much.

No excuse. I've had five concussions and two drug habits. Take your time and edit before you post.

My original idea was a standalone game, you know, in typical R* fashion. No Cole, no CJ's grandfather, no Marston's grandson, just some random gangster creating hell in Chicago in the Capone/Dillinger era without Capone or Dillinger (though they would influence certain characters).

Mine is much worse trust me I have seizures and I go into this things thats like a panic attack but I can still breathe. I can't even work because the head issues are so bad.

Huh. Marijuana, maybe? I'm no neurologist, though.

Though I must say, your above post is well written, with the exception of a comma and a period. I believe in you buddy.

Back on topic, how about a sequel to Ping Pong?

Ya I have a hard time with word comprehension i.e Their, There, and They're I know what they mean but not how to use them. An I am currently fighting to get on disability and my state does have medical so I might try it. But like you said back on topic, How about especially now with PS4 coming out how about a sequel to Manhunt that game was awesome. Get the blood and gore and kills hella awesome what yall think?

How about they go with a call of juarez(i think its called)where you play as both or even dlc for rdr to get people back to it.i know it wont happen so,sweet dreams.

Would be nice to see new Bully with next-gen graphics. I think a Borstal wold make for an epic setting. Hell they should just make SCUM into a game!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLXDqcq80vI

Raw, violent and shocking, "Scum" is a compelling story set in a contemporary Borstal. It tells of a life in an institution run by violence and brutality rather than reason, where the boy who can fight his way to the top of the heap and reign as 'Daddy' will gain the respect of the inmates and sadistic 'screws' alike.

One of the most controversial films ever made in the UK and one which caused a furore when it was first screened on TV, "Scum" stars Ray Winstone ("Nil By Mouth", TV's "Births, Marriages And Deaths") as Carlin, the one man prepared to struggle against all odds to be the top dog in a system that is intent on breaking him.

United Kingdom

Certificate: 18

• Like 1

That was my original idea because I haven't fully finished LA Noire so I didn't know if the body was found or not, I know a funeral was held and that was it. I have seen and heard of plenty empty coffin funerals.

Apparently, your head injuries also prevent you from using common courtesy in regard to plot details. :mellow:

landon ricketts... now there's an idea ;)... however, the more i think about tying characters from redemption into a new game, the more i think it's not possible considering the amount of player choice marston had... ricketts wouldn't play the game as an evil guy, and dutch and bill wouldn't play the game as good guys...

i am thinking we might need a new character, and a new map... another take on the wild west, maybe pre-automobile times and with more activities and stuff to do to make you forget that the weapons selection isn't as vast and there's no high powered pistol... it's gonna be a tricky endeavor for another RDR...

I always said if (when) they make a new Red Dead i'd like to see it set during Landon Ricketts younger days, whether he's the protag or not is another matter. I just read the guy who did his voice died a year after RDR released.