i like how my team rolled into the playoffs, kind of on a hot streak, with all phases of the game working... but it is the playoffs, so watch the wild card winner win the whole damn thing... baseball is a funny and humbling sport...

baseball is a chess match...

I gave Bronson the benefit of the doubt, but this is just nonsense.

And there is no such thing as a smart person's sport, unless you count the people making millions from the merchandising for these teams.

Baseball kinda is. Think about it. A lot of sports just involve running from one side of the field to the other trying to score....

Baseball is unique. You actually got to think. Compared to like Basketball which I do like also but it's such a simpleton sport.

every single pitch brings up at least a dozen scenarios... put runners on, in different innings, with different scores, and now you're talking about thousands of different outcomes and pitches to counteract the situation, or to make the other team think that your gonna do something because your track record says you will...

there's way too much going on in a game that looks like nothing is happening, lol :lol:...

The Tiggers have the division all but iced at this point by snatching another Cy Young Award winner. They may have the pennant and World Series under control as well; it's definitely theirs to lose at this point.

Angels starting rotation after Richards and Weaver is a huge question mark. Our Offense, Defense and Bullpen are rock solid though.

Nothing is ever wrapped up in baseball. Baseball is a funny sport because regular season performance rarely has an impact on postseason performance. It's about who is hot at the very end of September, not April to mid-September. Detroit's bullpen could improve, the A's and Angel's offense could fall in a hole, a NL team could fire (2011 Cardinals anyone?). The trades made by the Tigers and A's were good trades but they mean shit until late-September.

So... how bout them Royals?

Go away Barry.... No one likes you :P

And you're so right.... I feel like a playoff virgin because it's been awhile.... but there's always next year. Maybe we can get scherzer.... :shifty:

*looks at bones*

I'd take Scherzer over Price anyday!!!

Price = Most overrated pitcher in Baseball.

nah, we have enough right handed power pitchers in out lineup, it's good to have a good lefty... overrated? lol, not a chance... he's consistently been a dominate pitcher...

He had two really good years but the rest has just been okay. People act like he's the next coming of Randy Johnson.

His last two years:

10W 8L 3.33 ERA

15W 12L 3.26 ERA

That's like a solid number 2 pitcher..... Not an ace.

Solid is not an "ace".

"Big Game" James has like a 5.40 ERA in the postseason....

SO why is he called Big Game again?

Overrated. Also, he's only had one year where he had an ERA in the 2's..... high 2's at that.

He's a solid number two. But not an "ace" and not a "Big Game" pitcher either.