prince said "i don't give a fuck about the tigers"... man, he's losing it, looks like dombrowski dumped his ass at the right time... kinsler is having one of his best years so far, and prince is off to shitty start in texas... in dave we trust...

the tigers are a lot of fun to watch this year, and miggy is just now starting to heat up... but our bullpen is still a serious issue... we'll see if hanaran can help it out a little when he's back at full strength...

Detroit looks like they'd be just about unstoppable in a 7 game series right now. A great starting rotation and a great lineup can carry a team a long way, and the Tigers seem to have both of those things. Kind of reminds me of how dominant the 2009 Yankees were. Or the 2011 Phillies, depending on how we would be looking at it in hindsight.

we're on a bit of a skid right now, but baseball is a marathon and we're clearly one of the best in baseball right now so i am not too worried about it... but that bullpen is still driving me CRAZY!! outside of joba chamberlain and joe nathan , we have absolutely nothing at all...

the hall of fame committee are idiots anyways... they'll give him a posthumous induction, just like they did to ron santo, and what they'll probably do to pete rose...

Edit: actually, he did get in the hall, but it took 5 years, which is a joke... 1st ballot all the way...

The 13 so-called "baseball writers" who didn't vote to enter him into Cooperstown should be named and shamed.

One of the greatest hitters of all time to be sure. His numbers are Cobbesque if you translate them to the early 20th century. Only once in 20 years did he slip below the .300 mark (his rookie year where he had only ~200 at bats), and he still hit .290. RIP Mr. Padre.

Haven't talked baseball in a while. Two best teams record wise in one division. Gets no better then that. Detroit like always will just take the central. No competition. Sorry bones but mike trout will be winning the MVP this year ;)

we both know regular season records mean nothing in the playoffs... all we have to do is win the division, not a hard task... you might have to work harder to win yours, but it's pointless if you can't do anything in the playoffs...

cabrera's power numbers are down this year, an MVP is not gonna happen... i think my team could do with some good competition tho, our division is making it too easy for us... we could use a good challenge to keep us on our toes... however, having our pitching staff now with price will make it even easier yet!!

see you in october if you can make it past oakland ;)... it's never a problem for the tigers...

Yeah you guys are very dangerous with price. You and Oakland have the best rotations in baseball. Luckily we got one of the best closers in baseball. Huston street :)

The Tiggers have the division all but iced at this point by snatching another Cy Young Award winner. They may have the pennant and World Series under control as well; it's definitely theirs to lose at this point.

The Tiggers have the division all but iced at this point by snatching another Cy Young Award winner. They may have the pennant and World Series under control as well; it's definitely theirs to lose at this point.

we were 5 1/2 games up earlier in the week, now KC is only 2 1/2 back... we clearly don't have this wrapped up yet...

Nothing is ever wrapped up in baseball. Baseball is a funny sport because regular season performance rarely has an impact on postseason performance. It's about who is hot at the very end of September, not April to mid-September. Detroit's bullpen could improve, the A's and Angel's offense could fall in a hole, a NL team could fire (2011 Cardinals anyone?). The trades made by the Tigers and A's were good trades but they mean shit until late-September.

• Like 1

watch, seattle will win it all :lol:... 10 games back, catches up, takes a wildcard spot, wins the world series because of how hot they were going into it... you're right man, it happens almost every year... one of these years, the tigers will enter the playoffs hot and not limp in like we usually do...

I thought the Tigers had it in the bag in 2012. All of a sudden, the Giants remembered how to play baseball, jagged their way to the WS and met a Tigers team that peaked too soon. The Tigers also should have been in the WS last year and caught a hot Red Sox team that had no right to be there in the first place. I'd hate to be a fan of the Tigers, Angels or A's at the moment. I think we're safe from a Seattle WS though.

On the flip side, Mets fans have to be pumped their team actually sucks these past couple of years instead of choking their way out of a playoff berth.

i still blame the yankees for our 2012 collapse... we swept them and had nearly a weeks rest waiting for the 7 game NL series to end... they went into the WS hot while we were cooled off by then...

i can't believe the rangers are the worse team in baseball :lol:... the astros and cubbies are even better!!

Rangers just had a shitload of injuries. Could happen to anyone. So no they don't suck, they just had bad luck. Astros' on the other hand just..... suck. LOL