i just don't care about the contract man... i didn't negotiate it, it's not my problem... it's not putting my head in sand, it's just not worrying about something that's out of my control... and trust me, it's not gonna hurt the team in any way, even at the end of the deal... our TV revenue has been huge lately, and our owner owns little caesers and the detroit red wings... he's not worried about money...

tired of talking about this, we're both just going in circles, let's move on already...

---

EDIT: tigers win in walk off fashion and it came from the new guy, alex gonzalez!! welcome to the D!

lol, typical angels fan... do i need to break out the homer simpson meme?!? :lol:...

it's way too early to know how this season will unfold tho... my team has won back to back games with walkoffs to start the year... and this is why i love baseball because that could mean 1 of 3 things;

1... we're getting timely hits late in games, which is key in building on the season...

2... we're playing the royals, who could actually be finally breaking out this year and going for gold...

ooooorrr 3... we're playing the royals and struggling to start the year :P...

either way, my team looks sharp to start the year, and ian kinsler has been our best player thus far... some players just need a change of scenery... he's one of those guys, i've been saying it all along... he's still got it...

i just don't care about the contract man... i didn't negotiate it, it's not my problem... it's not putting my head in sand, it's just not worrying about something that's out of my control... and trust me, it's not gonna hurt the team in any way, even at the end of the deal... our TV revenue has been huge lately, and our owner owns little caesers and the detroit red wings... he's not worried about money...

tired of talking about this, we're both just going in circles, let's move on already...

---

EDIT: tigers win in walk off fashion and it came from the new guy, alex gonzalez!! welcome to the D!

Right, and no one said you negotiated it, or that you needed to care. You're ignoring the main point, which is that the contract is terrible. Money matters to everyone dude, get real. Believe me when Cabrera's 37 and pulling an A-Rod (getting hurt/being ineffective), he's going to want to get out of the contract. You pay employees to do a job, and when they aren't doing their job you fire them. In baseball you can't fire someone without buying out their contract or getting someone else to take it. Good luck getting someone to take a 37 year old's contract when he's making 30M a year, btw.

The fact that you're ignoring all of those things is essentially the epitome of "sticking your head in the sand". If you don't want to keep talking about something, then just move on. It's not very difficult. With that said, I am also bored of the subject.

I predicted earlier this year that the Mariners and Dodgers would meet in the WS. It's early but they both look like they're going to be tough.

I'm not really giving up on the season... but by the way they're playing it looks like 2013 all over again. I've been an Angels fan since 1998 so I know how it feels to lose.... a lot.

Still a lot of Baseball left but this wasn't a good start for a team that needed a good start.

Right, and no one said you negotiated it, or that you needed to care. You're ignoring the main point, which is that the contract is terrible. Money matters to everyone dude, get real. Believe me when Cabrera's 37 and pulling an A-Rod (getting hurt/being ineffective), he's going to want to get out of the contract. You pay employees to do a job, and when they aren't doing their job you fire them. In baseball you can't fire someone without buying out their contract or getting someone else to take it. Good luck getting someone to take a 37 year old's contract when he's making 30M a year, btw.

The fact that you're ignoring all of those things is essentially the epitome of "sticking your head in the sand".

dude, just stop already... ownership knows exactly what's on the back end of that deal... if they don't care, then why should i?

lol, the mariners? that must be your team then, you've yet to declare your allegience...

dude, just stop already... ownership knows exactly what's on the back end of that deal... if they don't care, then why should i?

If it's your team that you're backing, why should you not? You care positively, why shouldn't you care about the negative aspects?

I'm ready to move on from this debate if you are. You're obviously ready to move on from this debate, based off the fact that you've said as much. So stop clinging. It's as simple as not responding.

lol, the mariners? that must be your team then...

Interesting, and how did you come to that conclusion?

Is the Mariners thing a serious prediction?

Yes actually. I made it before spring training. I suppose this is the first time I've officially said it to anyone outside of my personal family/friends.

Why, who do you got?

because you picked them to win it all :lol:... that's a wild pick and usually one made by someone who is a fan of their team... it's why i pick the tigers to win it all, or why bronson probably picks the angels to win it... who do you root for then?

because you picked them to win it all :lol:... that's a wild pick and usually one made by someone who is a fan of their team... it's why i pick the tigers to win it all, or why bronson probably picks the angels to win it... who do you root for then?

Haha, well I think in all fairness, picking them only means that I picked them. ;)

I don't pick teams to win it all based off of whether I like them or not, I try to pick somewhat objectively. Seattle isn't favored, but that's the beauty of it. I like to pick the odd team that might be overlooked, and I think Seattle has as much talent as any other team out there. They have the ace, they have so much pitching talent that they traded a top prospect in Michael Pineda to get more hitting talent, and now they've brought the fences in to help their offense. I think they've secretly got everything going on, and I think they're going to win the division this year. If I thought Boston was the most talented team again this year, I would have picked them to make it.

My team is actually the Twins. I can't really justify making a prediction for them this year, because right now I see them as a 70-75 win team with potential to get lucky in a few games. Chicago, Detroit and Kansas City have probably all gotten better, and while we've also gotten better (significantly IMO), we aren't in any position to compete with the lineup we've got. We needed a difference-making bat in the lineup, and I think we might have lost that when Sano (#2 prospect in baseball behind Buxton) was lost for the season. I think 2015 could be a different story, though.

well now it all makes sense as to why you kept going at me about that contract? i'm a rival :lol:...

yea, the twins went backwards a little this offseason, but i am pretty sure you'll be better than the white sox... seeing morneau in a rockies outfit just doesn't feel right... your team always seemed to get rid of players at the peak of their prime (not saying justin was one) because of having to be a small market club... that shiny new stadium should fix those problems in the future ;)... and this truly might be the year of the royals FINALLY... they say it every year, but this definitely the best team they've fielded in forever... and i like their manager ned yost, he's a good one...

Is the Mariners thing a serious prediction?

Yes actually. I made it before spring training. I suppose this is the first time I've officially said it to anyone outside of my personal family/friends.

Why, who do you got?

That's an interesting prognostication. I still see the A's and Rangers as being better than the Mariners and the Angels shouly be better than them too. Off the top of my head I'd say Detroit v St Louis in the WS but there are a lot of good teams in the mix this year. Boston rode the chemistry train last year and won't get there again. The Rays are due for another appearance. The Dodgers should get there but it's a tough league to get out of. The Nationals should be better than last year too.

I'll go one step further and give you my division winners/wildcards"

AL East: Rays

AL Central: Tigers

AL West: Rangers

AL Wildcards: A's & Royals (with no confidence about either)

NL East: Nationals

NL Central: St Louis

NL West: Dodgers

NL Wildcards: Atlanta & Cincinnati

don't be quick to pick an AL central team for the wild card... we do a pretty good job of beating each other up all season that by the time the thing is all said and done, we all accumulate quite a few losses from it... i don't think there's another division that does so much damage against each other... last year the tigers kept the indians out of the playoffs because we pretty much swept the season against them and they missed it by a few games... the sox always play their division tough even when their team isn't always good... and the twins used to always be a tough out... not sure what to predict from them this year...

it's a strange division i reside in...

Nats. After playing as them in MLB 13: The Show last year, I've decided to adopt them as my team.

I'll watch anyone play though. Watched the White Sox play Minnesota yesterday. Unfortunately I had to endure the Hawk (seriously, what the hell is wrong with that guy?), but it's always fun winding up Sox fans who seem to think the sun shines out of his arse.

that's chicago fans for ya... sometimes i hate saying i'm a bears fan because chicago fans are the worst... at least the fans of the cubs are realists... when your team fails every year, you see the brighter side of the equation and realize that nothing is given to you :lol:... the rest of their sports teams fans seem to think all their owners are buffons, they never know how to draft, or they have the worst coach in the league... but win a few games and they act like it's their destiny...

bitch please...

• Like 1

don't be quick to pick an AL central team for the wild card... we do a pretty good job of beating each other up all season that by the time the thing is all said and done, we all accumulate quite a few losses from it... i don't think there's another division that does so much damage against each other... last year the tigers kept the indians out of the playoffs because we pretty much swept the season against them and they missed it by a few games... the sox always play their division tough even when their team isn't always good... and the twins used to always be a tough out... not sure what to predict from them this year...

it's a strange division i reside in...

As I said, I have no confidence in my AL wildcard selections. I could easily choose two from the Royals, A's, Angels, Yankees and Red Sox and you can't rule out Cleveland or Baltimore either.

We have pretty good access to MLB, NBA and NFL in Australia plus my TV is on ESPN for most of the day, much to my wife's dismay (she can't talk as she spends her time watching Kartrashians).

• Like 1

6-6 right now. I'm happy where we are. Could be alot worse. Losing Hamilton to his idiotic stunt of sliding into first base and having to get thumb surgery is going to hurt. He was off to such a great start too :(