Huh? What happen? Sox lose again?

I haven't really been keeping track of this series...

EDIT: Found a video...

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3Dhuh8oW4dEwA&sa=U&ei=hKRsUrSIO4nskQf994Fw&ved=0CGEQtwIwDQ&sig2=-Nc92qeyYEGUCb8J9qtwvQ&usg=AFQjCNFSBq6UKHTmgk11iNOWLpKU_HoK0A

Well that's a pretty shitty call right there.

We could but we won't. We are about 26 million away from the luxury tax limit. We will most likely be trading away Trumbo and Kendrick to get some decent starters, good bullpen arms and some prospects. We also need to start saving to pay for Trout's extension which will be a big payday.

Also at 11:18... Flying sperm cells!

So to sum up what happened with the baseball hot stove so far...

- Prince Fielder goes to Texas for Ian Kinsler.

- David Freese goes to the Angels for Peter Bourjos.

- Yankees sign Brain McCann to a 5 year 85 million dollar contract.

- Angels sign Joe Smith to a 3 year 15 million dollar contract.

-Giants sign Tim Hudson to a 2 year 23 million dollar contract.

I'm sure there's more but those are just the standouts.

• Like 1

*waits for bones response about the rangers tigers trade*

And yes I agree Barry. The Angels are being way more cheap and smart this year. Joe Smith is a great pick up. Go look at his stats. It's impressive and you've probably never even heard of the guy :P

*waits for bones response about the rangers tigers trade*

And yes I agree Barry. The Angels are being way more cheap and smart this year. Joe Smith is a great pick up. Go look at his stats. It's impressive and you've probably never even heard of the guy :P

Admittedly I hadn't. I guess that's what you get for playing in Cleveland. As for the Rangers/Tigers trade everyone is saying the Tigers are better off but unless one of their prospects has power and is Major League ready or they sign a power hitter (who's left??) I don't see how it's better. Miggy will still pound it and they should have enough offensive punch leftover but I like the trade for the Rangers more than the Tigers.

I expect David Price to be dealt too before the season begins.

damn, forgot about this topic...

as for prince, i am fine with it... he was becoming the a-rod of our team... a decent season, and nothing in the playoffs... he'll do better in texas, that's a hitters dream of a ballpark, and we'll be just fine with the underrated ian kinsler who is a great doubles hitter, and he'll have lots of room in spacious comerica park...

you could tell the relationship with prince was wearing out quickly, i think we got off easy IMO... dave pulled the deal off at the right time for our team... and with fister traded, we just cleared a lot of room to sign scherzer and give cabrera an extension...

i wasn't on board with the joe nathan signing, because he's never had a healthy year... but he did last year, so there's that... but he's 38, so i hope he's got at least one more season in the tank because i would of loved to have brian wilson instead...

it's a shame this probably means my favorite player is on his way out :(... omar infante, i will miss you...

they think this castellano guy (3B) in the minors is the next big thing... i am never sold on unknowns until i see it... that's why i want to keep infante... he or kinsler can play third... and if not, iglesias easily could... the one thing we lose is cabrera's protection, which keep in mind, did help him win back to back MVP's... but people forget about victor martinez... he's not one you want to pitch to either... he'll quickly make pitchers second guess pitching around miggy in certain situations... he and peralta were our best bats in the postseason...

I was thinking mostly of MIggy's protection. It's all well and good scoring 120-odd runs but when you only hit 40-something home runs you still need someone to drive you in 80 times. See what happens I guess.

Fuck me. That's 16.5 mil a year for hitting a ball. And yet people on this planet don't even have clean water. I don't even know who he is but he's not worth it.

• Like 1