Harper starting the All Star game? My God, he is hitting .264 and hasn't displayed any serious power to make up for the average. He shouldn't be an all star at all, let alone a starter. Making him a starter snubs more deserving outfielders like Dom Brown who has had twice the season. The fans should play a part in who makes it to the game, but no way they should choose the starters. I should actually be happy though, as whatever makes the NL team weaker is good. The AL (And hopefully Detroit) needs home field this year in the WS.

AL wins! Highlights of the night:

-Mariano in his last all star game, coming into the tune of Enter Sandman. Gotta love the most respected player in baseball for the last couple decades or so.

-The Fielder triple. I was laughing as his huge ass rounded second, slided, and got up smiling.

Hopefully this'll benefit the Tigers in another World Series run (crosses fingers).

we've already lost the series to the royals... tomorrow means nothing, except barely gaining ground on the indians, which probably won't happen... the damn tigers do take games off... every single game matters, no matter how many there are... we lost 1-0 last night to the royals... i mean, come on!!

I agree. It's sickening to see us get handled by the fucking royals of all teams. and verlander's inconsistency this year is pissing me off.

do you think the performance today was due to the tight quad?

verlander's been inconsistent all year, unless you're saying he's had a tight quad all year :lol:... it's the offense that's off to a slow start to start the 2nd half of the season... that shouldn't happen with our lineup... losing 1-0 against the royals is a bad sign...

Does anyone else think Verlander may need a trip to the DL? There is no way that you can get rocked in consecutive starts against the Royals and White Sox and say that the tight quad isn't a concern.

Oh gosh, I'm a Tigers fan and talk about the Tigers? That is a disgrace. If there is a legitimate discussion about other teams that I can contribute to, I will. I'm not gonna start a conversation about the Brewers because I'm not a fan.

:huh:

All I'm saying is this is the MLB topic not a Tigers topic. You can talk about other teams other then the Tigers because besides bOnEs... No one cares.

Because what you just posted about "Should Verlander go to the DL" question.... Who cares. He sucks right now and there are plenty of other players that you could also make that argument about.... So pretty stupid disscussion of you ask me.

And besides you, I don't see anyone that gives a shit about the Angels. If I feel like posting about the Tigers then I will. There is a reason that we don't have a topic for every team for every sport.

Yesterday was neat because there were multiple walk offs. Bronson- your closer gave that game away to my rangers. Two homers in the bottom of the 9th. Crazy