Nope. I was just giving you facts. The fact that you said mike trout sucks that this year shows how ignorant you are. How bout check his stats first before making statements.

How is a .308 12 HR and 44 RBI's a bad slash line?

Not bad, but let's take a look at Cabrera's stat line: .361/19 HR/ 71 RBI Oh and the whole bullshit WAR stat that everyone talks about? Cabrera as a higher WAR (according to ESPN). Statistics say Cabrera is much better. Trout is a more well rounded player, but Cabrera has hands down been better this year.

Okay I never said Cabrera was a bad hitter. So your point is? I even said Cabrera is the best hitter in the game. But Trout is just better at everything else.

Okay I never said Cabrera was a bad hitter. So your point is? I even said Cabrera is the best hitter in the game. But Trout is just better at everything else.

Actually, Trout unlike the popular opinion, isn't even statistically an elite fielder. His fielding % for CF and LF are .991 and .985. That only qualifies for around 10th at the positions. I'm not disputing that Trout is a top 5 position player in baseball, but I don't believe that his speed alone makes up for how far behind Cabrera he is at the plate.

Anyways, I could care less if Trout had a .350 BA, 20 HR and 30 SB, as long as the Angels are losing, the pitching staff sucks, and Pujols and Hamilton are choking at the plate :3

trout's speed definitely makes him a better fielder, but i bet cabrera has a better arm ;)... he has a cannon at 3rd, and is light on his feet, it's why he started out his career in the outfield, when he was this skinny little 19 year old venezualen on the marlin's championship team...

miggie2003.JPG

it was funny i remember them talking about him during that world series and they all kept mentioning how this guy could become one of the all-time best hitters in the game, and they all agreed that outfield wouldn't be his spot in a few years when his weight finally caught up to his big frame :lol:... and he was never a big homerun hitter until these past few years when he's been in the triple crown threat category...

trout is smaller and faster and he looks like he's gonna be packing on a few pounds soon too :D... but he's got all the makings to be one of the best during his long career in the majors, no doubt about that...

Goddammit why can the Tigers take 3 of 4 against the Red Sox but can't muster one fucking win against the Angels? Hell, close games are hard to come by against the Angels. We seem to be the only team that the Angels can beat on a consistent basis.

i bet you were a dodgers fan before you guys signed pujols :lol:...

kiddin...

That would be illogical, the Dodgers have been utter shit for years, whereas the Angels have actually been relevant for the past decade or so.

Well, illogical unless you're one of those douchebag hipsters that root for the shitty teams. :P

SWEEP!

Not completely sure, but I think the only team to sweep the Tigers in a 3+ game series this year is the Angels.... twice.

Fucking Phil Choke. We sent Valverde down, time to do the same with Coke.

Yet another loss because of the one and only Jim fucking Leyland. "Yeah, I know Smyly struck out the side in the 9th to send it to extra innings and is essentially a starter in the bullpen, but let's go ahead and put an unproven rookie with control issues and a sky high ERA (Bruce Rondon) in for the 10th." I swear, he gets dumber and dumber by the day. His old ass needs to retire or he needs to be fired, soon.

he's been tearing it up in the minors... besides, it's not like we have anyone else in that bullpen to trust, and rondon has proven ready for the call up... i guess he was hoping the rookie would rise to the occasion, but there's no way i'd get rid of leyland, unless gibson wanted to come here to coach...

and come on, this decision wasn't leyland alone... do you want to can dombrowski too??

I understand the call up for Rondon, but c'mon, to make him make his first appearance since the call up in THAT situation? I would of rode Smyly for 3 innings and turned the ball over to Benoit. And maybe he doesn't need fired, but he really isn't the manager he was 5 years ago. He and the coaching staff as a whole have a hand in a lot of the losses. From putting in Valverde and Coke in during close games when they have been pitching badly all year, to still saying Avila is the starting catcher when Pena is tearing it up batting .300 and a better overall player, and leaving Martinez at the 5 spot so he can blow more RISP situations when Peralta is a much more capable hitter at that spot, the coaching staff is way too loyal to struggling veterans and it is losing games. But one thing that I guess they don't have control over is the absolute lack of run support after the sixth, and that probably is causing more losses than anything.

ride a bullpen guy for 3 innings into extras?? come on, this isn't the 70's, or high school... he pitched is allotted time and the offensive didn't give him the proper send off... i got nothing against using the rookie because you just can't expect one guy to kill 3 innings (or 2 in this case) in a tight game like that... every manager would shuffle and mix and match in the same position... and the current guys we had weren't doing it... this organization isn't afraid of using talent over experience... remember avisail last year in the playoffs?

riding smyly past his breaking point is not the way to do it... although you never know... but like i said, this isn't the 70's where the closer pitched from the 7 inning until it was over... pitch count and situational at-bats is how today's game is played...

Leyland has successfully done it before with Smyly as again, he is essentially a starter in the bullpen. And regardless whether you would pitch him 3 innings, give him at least the 10th inning. Pulling your best reliever after striking out the side in favor of a rookie who was just called up in that situation is stupid. Any Smyly's breaking point is not 3 innings. He wouldn't of been fighting for the 5 spot in the rotation in Spring Training if that was the case.

*and