Bean3896

Pedestrian interactions/effects

Just imagine

Just walking by and a random drug addict or even a whole group of petty thiefs goes up to you randomly at gun/knife point

and asks for your money?

What do you do?

Give him/them the money?

Try to get the knife out of his/there hand with little or no expierence and risk getting knifed/ gunned down?

Or by learning awhile back how to actually defend yourself and take the knife from them and rough them up a little ;p

and not just having to kick there asses depending how many there are, but also showing bruises, scares, and even cuts

depending how inexpierenced they are and how strong you've gotten from working ass out in the gym.

Or about having a random ped getting paranoid after following him for a considerable time?

Having him/her freaking out, looking back constantly while whispering someone is following them on the phone,

or even confront you.

Just throwing some ideas out there ;p

What do you guys think?:o

• Like 1

They are nice ideas but are honestly not very plausable. Especially the one about someone getting paranoid from following them. Also I dont like the idea about random peds coming up to you and trying to rob you and if they did put that in the game it should only happen once in a blue moon.

They are nice ideas but are honestly not very plausable. Especially the one about someone getting paranoid from following them. Also I dont like the idea about random peds coming up to you and trying to rob you and if they did put that in the game it should only happen once in a blue moon.

Well, yeah. I mean it would get rediculous going to different streets just to get mugged everytime,

and the paranoid thing was just a random idea to get people actually thinking persay. But people actually get paranoid if someone "follows" them for a period of time. Well, probably too much realism there, theres already going to be ALOT put into the game, to think that Liberty City was small compared to 5. We'l see what they put into it when it comes out, or the next trailer.

Peds trying to rob you is actually pretty possible if they do what they did with red dead redemption. If you ever played that there were instances when someone tried to steal your horse, or someone calls you over for help only to have 10 bandits come out of hiding and after you. At first I had the same feeling you did, but then i remembered this. Although the following and paranoid part sounds like a stretch. Unless it is part of a mission and scripted for a select individual I can't see it working without flaws.

Sounds like a pretty cool idea if implemented properly. It would definatly give some life to the city.

• Like 1

this is a really good topic, i do agree with everyone else though the paranoid thing is a little much unless it was a mission where we had to follow someone like in L.A Noire the target you were following would frequently turn around because they were suspicious, and for the random mugging idea, it sounds pretty cool, it could happen like @Kreuzn said in red dead redemption they did have that kind of thing happen so good job on the new idea.

Peds trying to rob you is actually pretty possible if they do what they did with red dead redemption. If you ever played that there were instances when someone tried to steal your horse, or someone calls you over for help only to have 10 bandits come out of hiding and after you. At first I had the same feeling you did, but then i remembered this. Although the following and paranoid part sounds like a stretch. Unless it is part of a mission and scripted for a select individual I can't see it working without flaws.

Sounds like a pretty cool idea if implemented properly. It would definatly give some life to the city.

Like yea okay lets say your walking down the street and some guy in a alley said "Ay bro, i gotta show you something come here" and once you walk in 3 guys jump out and try to mug you. that would be pretty cool. But im talking about just walking down the street and some random dude just comes up and points a gun at you and tries to take your money. Not cool. If they implement it, it should happen based on a choice you make not randomly. You see what i mean?

• Like 1

It would give the city a more vibrant and dynamic feel. R* will expand upon what they did with RDR, so we could see events like it. The likelihood of an event happening should depend on your location in the city, if you are in the ghetto (GROVE STREET REPRESENT! etc. and other proud americanry) then holdups should be more common than in an affluent part of the city.

• Like 1

it would also be cool if people robbed you bassed on your clothing like getting robed more if you got a suit and gold watch on. where if you have a a shity wife beater or worn iut trench coat they don't even notice you

I think Red Dead Redemption concept was pretty good; like the shopkeeper goes to play poker at evening and comes to open the shop, and everyone are doing their own things. Something like that would be cool.

I think Red Dead Redemption concept was pretty good; like the shopkeeper goes to play poker at evening and comes to open the shop, and everyone are doing their own things. Something like that would be cool.

*is reminded of "It's Herbert Moooooooon!!!"*

He never actually went to play poker y'know, there was a duplicate NPC of his character while the first one stayed in the shop.

I missed the random fights that occurred in GTA 3 where you would walk past someone, bump them, they bump into another ped, and then they started fighting.

Old guy in trench coat saying "Oh hell no!" when fighting was great with the sound effects of the fists. Classic!

Great Idea about mugging.. I hate feeling like the only criminal in gta.. There should be more crime and violence amongst civilians

Gta needs a batman/ superman npc, would be awesome to be heading toward your next mission in the game only to br sideswiped by a masked vigilanty

Also, npc zombies would be cool, always wanted to find out how niko would deal with a zombie invasion... If they did it for rdr i dont see why they cant for gta

How would being robbed in GTA ever work or make sense? You're armed to the teeth and have five times the health of any NPC.

Well not everyone uses the weapons cheat 10x Px

I mean they could still be like 3-5 homless, possible junkies trying to jump you at once, you could get stuck:o

But on the other hand they could have a bat and knock you out in one swoop, like when you betray Dwayne.

I never betrayed him, would be messed up. Fuck you Playboy X!!

• Like 1

Just imagine

Just walking by and a random drug addict or even a whole group of petty thiefs goes up to you randomly at gun/knife point

and asks for your money?

What do you do?

Give him/them the money?

Try to get the knife out of his/there hand with little or no expierence and risk getting knifed/ gunned down?

Or by learning awhile back how to actually defend yourself and take the knife from them and rough them up a little ;p

and not just having to kick there asses depending how many there are, but also showing bruises, scares, and even cuts

depending how inexpierenced they are and how strong you've gotten from working ass out in the gym.

Or about having a random ped getting paranoid after following him for a considerable time?

Having him/her freaking out, looking back constantly while whispering someone is following them on the phone,

or even confront you.

Just throwing some ideas out there ;p

What do you guys think? :o

Sounds class!

This might sound sick to some people, but I want to be able to use pedestrians in many different ways e:g kidnapping, force them to drive you away from the cops, rob their house and tie them up, interrogation, etc.

Quite like The Godfather 2 with the interrogation, but a whole lot bigger and better!