Hi there, I would just be interested in peoples opinion on what the public transport system would be like in GTA 5,

In GTA:SA There was a railway line (Brownstreak Railroad!!!) but that was it (Oh and there was a tram system in San Fiero but all you could do was jump on the tram roof, it couldn't be accessed normally)

In GTA:4 There was obviously a Subway & Taxis but again that was it

Interestingly in GTA:SA they had taxis but you could only steal and drive them then in GTA 4 they had taxis that could be hailed

In GTA:4 they had buses but you could only steal and drive them, maybe in GTA:5 they could be ridden on (legally)

I personally loved (Yes, its wierd!!!) using public transport in GTA 4, I quite liked pretending I was in real life and so couldn't steal cars or whatever. It was the first GTA game when the network was extensive enough to allow for this, although it still wasn't very good and meant walking for ages sometimes to get to a station.

Anyway, I would like a more extensive subway, plus lots of bus stations, the subway could be in the inner city, where things are high density, and buses could run like every 5 minutes, meaning that you only really had to turn up at a bus shelter for one to arrive, there could also be a bus station where most (75%) of bus routes visited, obviously the subway couldn't run in the suburbs, thus that is why they would have buses, plus as GTA 5 will bring back the countryside there might be small towns like in GTA:SA (towns like Blueberry, Montgomery, Dillemore) thus bus routes could go there, however as these bus routes would be less well used, there might only be one bus every hour or so, thus sometimes you might have to wait at a bus stop for the next bus, which could be upto 1 game hour away or 1 real life minute.

Finally there could also be a heavy rail service like Brownstreak Railroad that simply took you to the general area of something, so obviously you would have to catch a connecting bus for going to where you want to go, there could be bus stops at each of the stations, (Brownstreak and Subway) just like in real life, plus obviously bus stops dotted along the roads.

The downside of having such a realistic transport system is obviously complication, thus there would need to be a simple in game map for public transport, like when you open the map, there could be options such as Map, Transport Map, Things to Do Map, etc etc,

The Transport Map could allow you to maybe plot where you wanted to go and it would tell you which Train/Subway/Bus routes you needed to take.

Finally I just want to say that if you hate using public transport in game you would NOT be forced to use it, it would be an optional thing, I'm sure 25% of people would never use it and a further 50% might only use it once or twice for novelty value, but I'm sure there is a gaming minority that like to use public transport in game, and this system would cater for that minority, and tbh there are plenty of different aspects of games that cater for the minority of game players, but because you might have hundreds of different aspects it means that everyone is covered and you can play the game true to life if you want to, but also you can not if that's more your thing,

So, tell me what you think???

At the very least I see them keeping the taxi system in place from IV, but I also can see them having the LA Metro Rail in V.

When it comes to riding buses I can take it or leave it, but I would like to see them driving routes on the streets either way just for the realism. I never did like the fact you would only see buses driving in certain missions in IV.

I'm sure I read somewhere that buses in GTA IV were part of the usable public transport system, but was dropped before the game was released. And that originally the Limo's could be used like taxis as part of Higgins Limo's.

And I remember failing one of Roman's early missions and he and Niko were dropped off by a bus, at the bus stop outside the Taxi rank after failing.

(I think I tipped his taxi over while chasing the Russians).

I like the idea of being able to catch a bus, but more so I like the idea of high jacking a bus full of passengers.

I'm sure I read somewhere that buses in GTA IV were part of the usable public transport system, but was dropped before the game was released. And that originally the Limo's could be used like taxis as part of Higgins Limo's.

And I remember failing one of Roman's early missions and he and Niko were dropped off by a bus, at the bus stop outside the Taxi rank after failing.

(I think I tipped his taxi over while chasing the Russians).

I like the idea of being able to catch a bus, but more so I like the idea of high jacking a bus full of passengers.

Pretty good idea.

You should be able to jack trucks, buses, and etc in different ways such as the mission in GTA IV where you had to

climb around on that truck and jack it that way. That would be especially fun in multiplayer.

In IV, I'd hop a cab, request my current fave radio station, set the camera to panoramic, and let the cabbie do the driving as a way to see the city while rolling my next spliff.

• Like 1

In IV, I'd hop a cab, request my current fave radio station, set the camera to panoramic, and let the cabbie do the driving as a way to see the city while rolling my next spliff.

Then accidentally hit the hurry up button and watch him fuck up every 4 seconds

Yeah. That made for a damn fine ride.

Welcome to the forums, Guy. I like what you're saying. But having lived in LA, I can tell you the subway is shit. Buses too. I'm sure they'll be made to work better if used in GTAV, just as they'll want to have more than the ten taxi's available in LA.

If they have the subway, I'd like to be able to get up and move around when in transit from station to station. I'd love to start a brawl with someone in an enclosed environment, jostling the other passengers, and creating an all out brawl with everyone onboard.

Jackin' a bus would be great.

'A klepto you can't trust

Should have known when I jacked the bus

Fourteen passengers ridin' it

One naked psycho drivin' it

And we go and grip it

And they'll be no slippin'

'Cuz I'm thinking the worst

Shit like woman and children die first'

INSANE CLOWN POSSE.

• Like 1

idk if you guys remember but in vice city you could drive a bus on the bus route and yes i took the time to figure out the bus route stop by stop road by road and if you stoped at the bus stop people would get on but no one would ever get off unless you got out. plus you also made money but picking people up!!

Id have to say id want Taxis, a rail system, busses ( wich can take you out of the city limits, wich are marked on the map in the pause menu) and airlines would be cool too. i think private jets which you could walk around, drink, watch tv, maybe have a personal strip club, darts, and you should be able to fly the on the plane whenever you want too. maybe a limosine service, which gets accsesable by completing a mission where you have to show up i a limo, would be awesome too. I cant think of much else.