i was just thinking i got frustrated having a custom or rare car on gta sa and 4 and being woried about losing my cars due to cops or a crash or some unforsene situation so how about being able to save your cars like saints row if youve played it if not its bacily a list acesible at your garage

or even if you could make your own car skins like in midnightclub LA i had a lamborgini with weed leafs all over it, a car with FTP on the back, and loads more i think we should be able to save upto 5 skins for online or something this would make it fun wright dont shoot me on one side and wright im gona shoot you on the outher side so when they run around your car to get in thats the last thing they see when they get shot.

i just thought of this if there is a house and it came with a heli platform for you to park a helicopter on that would be cool that or a place to park a boat

say yes if this is a good idea.

couldnt you save boats on vice city???

yea yo yup fo shoa its a good idea <--- i didnt say y.e.s lol

i think trevior should live in a trailor in the river and you can save boats there and i also think for the australian version of the game insted of hookers they should have blow up sheep hahaha jokes

i wish there was a garage with every vehicle of the fifth game and that you could buy one to drive or a website to get one delivered to you.

Then you wouldn't have to worry about a vehicle to save and could easily get one. smart idea

I'm a fan of the GTA:SA garages. That way your car doesn't get hit down the road by ruthless cab drivers that all of us beat to death.

if there's a car impound lot for you to get a car back that would be cool so all the cars that were stolen or you got busted in would be there then you can go take it back to your house.

if there's a car impound lot for you to get a car back that would be cool so all the cars that were stolen or you got busted in would be there then you can go take it back to your house.

Not all the cars, that would be a bit much. maybe the last 5 or so cars you had. as I said before it would be cool if you had an option to ether pay to get it released or you could chose to steal it back, but of course that would be more difficult.

Yeah. I remember San Andreas doing that, but it wasn't consistent. Always wanted that in GTA IV. Mainly from losing a cool car because a mission requires you to use a set vehicle instead. I'd like to be able to return to the local police impound in the area that I left it and see it sitting there for retrieval.

It would also be nice to have the option to either steal it back, with police heat reprecussions of course; or to pay a fee (amount depending on type of vehicle and location) for legal retrieval, no heat.

ill keep this short

i do remember that in san andreas there was three police garages and they had a area that car would be that were impounded so any way the sfpd garage was the only one that i would have cars i had moded at the mod shop or blown up or lost and i thought that was cool to tell you

so basically you probably will care less about what im saying any way and i said all this for the fun of your enjoyment so be this...

You can now repair cars in your garage and that shows that they don't just reappear - or you'd be able to destroy them when they're wracked - and I think that's a really great idea :) I just hope you can't store infinite cars like Saints Row 3. Maybe start off being able to store 2 then work your way up to 8 in each garage around the city. I was also wondering: There must be multiple garages because the map is MASSSSIVE! so can you access your cars in North Los Santos from a garage in South Los Santos? Or will all garages have seperate cars?

there has been no word on "repairing cars in your garage", that as a feauture has been present for all gta games, except iv.

you park your car in the garage, save/load etc. and the cars back to being new again.

there has been no word on "repairing cars in your garage", that as a feauture has been present for all gta games, except iv.

you park your car in the garage, save/load etc. and the cars back to being new again.

The parking spaces repaired cars in IV too.

• Like 1

think there should be a boat yard where you can save two water vehicles at cause i think that would be a great idea.

I think that there should be car dealerships around the map and maybe even a website where you can buy cars (there was a used car website in GTA IV, it just wasn't functional) and when you buy a car, it's your car and will never disappear unless destroyed, no matter how far away you go or if you do missions, switch characters, etc. That way, you don't need to worry about saving it; just park it in whatever place suits you (garage, side of the road, on top of a mountain) and don't worry about losing it. As for stolen cars, the same applies, but only for the last 1-2 cars you drove.

This also eliminates the problem of losing your car during a mission if that mission requires you to use a specific vehicle. Just park your car in a safe place and get it once the mission is done.

I also liked the police impound lot idea that was mentioned a little while ago. If you die (in a non-your-car-getting-blown-up-or-dumped-into-the-sea realated accident) or get arrested, you car can be moved to a safe place where you can collect it after you get out of the hospital.

I think that there should be car dealerships around the map and maybe even a website where you can buy cars (there was a used car website in GTA IV, it just wasn't functional) and when you buy a car, it's your car and will never disappear unless destroyed, no matter how far away you go or if you do missions, switch characters, etc. That way, you don't need to worry about saving it; just park it in whatever place suits you (garage, side of the road, on top of a mountain) and don't worry about losing it. As for stolen cars, the same applies, but only for the last 1-2 cars you drove.

This also eliminates the problem of losing your car during a mission if that mission requires you to use a specific vehicle. Just park your car in a safe place and get it once the mission is done.

I also liked the police impound lot idea that was mentioned a little while ago. If you die (in a non-your-car-getting-blown-up-or-dumped-into-the-sea realated accident) or get arrested, you car can be moved to a safe place where you can collect it after you get out of the hospital.

this idea ^^^

Park cars in garage like on Gta Sanadreas and it saves them as long as you park it in your garage. or like on Saints Row. Park cars in your garage but you can put like for example you can park lets say 25 cars in your garage at once. then when you want to get a car out you can scroll throughchoose one and drive out. and also be able to customize your car from you garage like on Saints Row 3!!

I'm with fanman with storing boats, especially after seeing the submarine screenshot. They can make mooring the ship to a dock similar to hitching your horse in RDR. I've always wanted a boathouse in GTA to be used as a mobile safehouse. Maybe even a mega yacht like the one in TBOGT, that would be able to store cars. Now that I think about it; it would be sweet if you could hitch Trevor's trailer to his Bhodi and park it wherever you can. If we could do that, I'd park my trailer on Michael's Tennis court XD

• Like 1

It always bugged me in iv where there were opening garages around town like at Pegarino's house. which made me think that after the story you could buy property but that didn't happen. maybe they scrapped it at the last minute.

I just remembered reading in one of the articles that states you can stash getaway vehicles, So i was wondering if that means the RAM memory for vehicles is much higher than ever. or if there's just set stash locations in a few areas around the job locations.

I am hoping vehicles stick around longer, it wasn't to bad in GTA4 (at least when compared to previous GTAs). With the getaway vehicles I am thinking one of two things. one, there are predetermined spots and whatever vehicle you part in one of these spots will become your getaway vehicle for the job (this is unlikely based on what I have read so far). Two, you select a specific vehicle at some point and then park it where ever you want. ether way the game will only be remembering one car.

While I am in this topic there was something that concerned me when the collectors addition was announced. As I have said before I really do not want a Saints Row or even a Sleeping Dogs like garage system for GTA. Its cheap and makes getting cars feel cheap, not to mention it kills immersion.

Now for the collectors addition the say this:

Players will instantly receive a garage to store custom vehicles. In single player, the garage will be stocked with the 1930’s style Hotknife hotrod and the CarbonRS sports bike. In Grand Theft Auto Online, players will get the high-end Khamelion electric car.

Now, maybe I am just being paranoid but the way that sounds makes me think that the garages are going to re-spawn vehicles. this is my reasoning; we know that they are not going to give you pre-order content that could just be lost or destroyed 5 seconds after getting the game, this means the pre-order vehicles will probably re-spawns. They could have had the vehicles spawn in front of a safe house or something but they chose the garage which tells me the garage re-spawns the vehicles. Am I over thinking this?

Edited by calimann83
  • Like 1