I hope that they think of something to make you feel like you really own the car

and the possiblitiy to store any vehicle near your home without it dissapearing

^^^Blacksox I do not see where you are getting that. he was obviously just using Michael and Franklin as an example. It is a good idea and obviously DuPz0r meant that it would be between all three characters equally. Nothing about that indicates that franklin is subservient to Michael. It sounds like you are reading into it a little too much.

who cares if sr3 was unrealistic its just a fucking game i wouldnt want a big fucking garage that i had to walk around in just to get to a car i wanted to use i like the list quick and simple

I have nothing against SR, it was a fun game. It is not even abut realism but as cosmic put it, it is silly. it is silly and it cheapens the whole experience. In GTA I enjoy finding and keeping rare cars, I feel accomplished. In SR it was no big deal, save it and now it is immortal. It had no value at all.

Well there could be two ways around the problem. Either you could get your car reinforced so it doesn't take damage anywhere near as easily; or, you can get your car back from a dealership or something for a price...

Both are fesable, reenforcing your car could be one of the upgrade you could buy. being able to rebuy your care could work, but would it come back with all of your upgrades?

The insurance thing is an interesting idea. IMO I don’t really see R* doing it, just doesn’t seem like them. If they did I do not see it being a monthly payment thing, no one wants to pay bills in a game. Maybe a onetime cost you could pay, the amount would depend on the car.

... I HAVE A 5 STEP EXAMPLE TO SIMPLIFY... 1.you just go to a bank. 2. got to ATM. 3. click transfer. 4. type amount. 5. pick protags name to transfer to. Being able to make cell or computer transaction will be just as easy with same basic steps and i would be amazed if they read this and put it in lol

That’s actually a really good idea. it makes sense if they are going to keep the three inventory system (which they should).

Edited by calimann83
  • Like 1

tbh i think i think we can park in our drive, seen to trailer two where the car is parked, but what i would like is that you could park anywhere in your land, garage, drive and garden and also park on the street or maybe across the street. nd do not limit the cars tht can park in the garden, take as much as can fit because some people just like to go crazy and collect their cars, i would fill as much drive way as i could as llong as most of them would be able to get out, like in real life when people have loads of cars on their drive cos they are loaded, like my garden and as seen frank is in the cars he should hav sum at his house and work and i also think tht one of his abilities should be able to do work to cars so he could tune and modify cars for himself nd the other protagonists nd u could goto othr garages for other kits

Sorry to Treefitty for going so far off topic we just have good thoughts and dont want to forget them for the sake of a good argument and to get the small things corrected in our ideas or to see what people want to add in to it. but for this topic to go on we need the ideas to go off of. thanks for not ending this page due to lack of topic discussion. =D

What if you leave your car somewhere on the map because you have to use another vehicle for a mission or something? Would be cool if you could phone Franklin or another character depending on who you are, and ask them to pick up your car. Then you get a choice of the last couple of cars you drove or something. Then they drive it to you a few seconds later, a bit like tBoGT. ..

What is Franklin, the other character's slave?............................ Oh Wait, that came out wrong.

But seriously having him be the other character's little errand boy, would do Franklin's character development a major disservice. I mean come on, making his charcter inequal and subservient to Michael and Trevor would be a mistake that Rockstar would not make.

Plus who would get Franklin's car if you were playing as him, Michael? Trevor? you wouldn't want one of your favourite character's running around doing menial jobs for a black man now would you. What a load of bullshit. :whistle:

Well, It would add to the realism*... Black people have traditionally served as butlers to rich white men*... Video game niggas shouldn't be any different*.

Gta is a game about stealing cars, not owning them.

I guess it is silly to own a car in GTA... but you have "owned" cars in previouse games. I do not think we need pink slips or anythiing fancy. just something that allows a car you like to be safer then normal cars. I like the idea of having to go to a pay and spray to get new tags if you want to hang on to a stolen car.

Keys. You like a car? Save it in your garage, etc. after this you have "keys" to the car. As long as you don't park it in a "tow-away" zone you can hold (triangle or Y) and your character with lock the car door... Just don't park your Maserati in the ghetto overnight.

Only problem I can think of is parking a car in a position that would directly affect a mission, like parking in front of a bank then doing a heist at that bank. Simple fix though, if you do so then your car disappears.

Keys. You like a car? Save it in your garage, etc. after this you have "keys" to the car. As long as you don't park it in a "tow-away" zone you can hold (triangle or Y) and your character with lock the car door... Just don't park your Maserati in the ghetto overnight.

Only problem I can think of is parking a car in a position that would directly affect a mission, like parking in front of a bank then doing a heist at that bank. Simple fix though, if you do so then your car disappears.

I am sure the car would just reposition itself. That is what it did in GTA4 when you started a mission. If you parked on the street, got out and started a mission after the cut scene your car would be nicely parked on the curb.

I think it was nice how sometimes in gta4 but more often I think it TBOGT and TLAD the car you drove up to the mission, post cutscene would be parked nicely across the road or some shit. It made me more confident to take my car but it was too inconsistent, you never know when the mission you're going on would lose you the car or let you keep it.

I think it was nice how sometimes in gta4 but more often I think it TBOGT and TLAD the car you drove up to the mission, post cutscene would be parked nicely across the road or some shit. It made me more confident to take my car but it was too inconsistent, you never know when the mission you're going on would lose you the car or let you keep it.

That's the only real problem i had with GTA in the past. It's the reason i never really took my cars out of my garage unless i felt lazy. If they bring back 'Car Modding' in GTA V, i'll probably still not take my cars out of storage all that often because i invested time and money on them. Unless money is in abundance, then i'll be more reckless and just go with the flow.

when i played gta3 i would leave rinos in the road and lader when i came back they were still there which is cool i never touched them now imafraid they will disapear.

i liked san andreas because of all the garage space i only keep special cars and a few not special but i did not need to keep all the moded cars i made because i had money to burn and they were easy to find.

also in all of the iv i did not like the idea of parking a car on the side in a parking space and it get ganked or knocked out of space so in some spots i would park the car as close to the side walk as posible then the dumb drivers would not hit them.

it would be nice in the fith one if what you guys said they should do have garages drive property parking space ,all of that to gether would be nice.(i will post agin on this topic later) (Y)

Even when playing GTA3 on the PlayStation 3 cars will still be there after cut scenes. I downloaded GTA3 from PSN and have been playing it for old time’s sakes. it’s amazing that on the PS3 cars stick around a lot longer. I have been able to do whole missions and still find my car back where I left it. I remember playing on the PS2 and I swear you could look away for a second and when you turn back your car would be gone.

Even when playing GTA3 on the PlayStation 3 cars will still be there after cut scenes. I downloaded GTA3 from PSN and have been playing it for old time’s sakes. it’s amazing that on the PS3 cars stick around a lot longer. I have been able to do whole missions and still find my car back where I left it. I remember playing on the PS2 and I swear you could look away for a second and when you turn back your car would be gone.

In some missions you can get the car back what you were driving, in some missions not.

i just thought of this if there is a house and it came with a heli platform for you to park a helicopter on that would be cool that or a place to park a boat

say yes if this is a good idea.

Just being on the property of the safe house either in the garage/driveway front or back yard. That would be sweet. I liked the airplane hanger from SA ( i always had a couple of tanks parked inside). Something like that again would be nice to see. How about landing a motorcycle on the roof of safe house and then go and save and when returning outside the motorcycle is still there and potentialy stay there until you climb onto the roof and drive off... Or fly off. I do expect to see a few parking spots(like gta4) or how about pay parking lots in downtown Los santos. Safe houses with helicopter pads and guns and ammo storage.

sr2 was a fun game if you think you know what i mean

but i have hopes that gtav will be more awsome

id like to own a airport hanger to park air planes in like on sr2 or gta sa just more room for planes cause sa's you could only store 4 vehicals in so i had a news helicopter in it and three big vehicals that don't fit in any other garage, if we could have a parking garage as a garage i would fill that SOB up

crazy :jumpy:

no they don't let you save boats but if you could save boats that would be cool

Has any GTA allowed you to save boats? I can not recall ever being able to do that.

Why would you want to save a boat? All of them are the same and generic. If you ever needed to get a boat, just go and steal one.

The only reason I could think of to have a save feature for boats, is if you could customize them.

So sure, if you could customize the paint jobs and the body of your boat, plus maybe add a machine gun or something to the outboard, then maybe there would be a reason to have a save feature for boats.

The only thing is GTA V will probably only feature car customization though. So it's probably a waste of time.

• Like 1

I read about the whole drive way idea. I liked that.

I liked GTA4's parking spots. It felt real to me.

In GTA4, I always took a cab though, to do a mission. If I was just cruising around I would take my own car.

Has any GTA allowed you to save boats? I can not recall ever being able to do that.

Why would you want to save a boat? All of them are the same and generic. If you ever needed to get a boat, just go and steal one.

The only reason I could think of to have a save feature for boats, is if you could customize them.

So sure, if you could customize the paint jobs and the body of your boat, plus maybe add a machine gun or something to the outboard, then maybe there would be a reason to have a save feature for boats.

The only thing is GTA V will probably only feature car customization though. So it's probably a waste of time.

Well I was thinking that it would be nice if they had some unique water craft. Some boats are better then others. boat customization would be cool, but I don't see that happening.

Edited by calimann83

Bring garages back, they're more secure in there.

Considering all we do in the game is steal cars and the game is called Grand Theft Auto, you would of thought there'd be more car theft's by NPC's in the games, and leaving your highly expensive sports/luxury outside your crappy first apartment in a bad neighborhood you'd think it'd get stolen at least once.

i meant that if you could save a boat you like and that it would be cool

it would be cool because when you want to drive a certain boat it would be there for you.

no hard feelings Mr. complainer :whistle: