If customization is available, then I would want to save my vehicle and have it regenerate in my garage when I ruin it because I always do.

Otherwise, I just steal another one if I can't personalise it

• Like 1

So to summarize, most people agree that the parking spots from 4 did not work very well (at least not as the only way save cars). Most everyone would like to see the return of large garages to store multiple cars (and air craft I guess). I think a mix of garages and parking spot would be acceptable?

It would also be nice if we didn’t have to worry about losing our nice cars every time we took them for a spin. on the other hand most people agree that the SR system is to easy (no unlimited reloads of any car we save accessible from any safe house).

I think the greatest solution to this problem is, as some others have brought up, to have a car that you own and will simply not disappear no matter where you leave it. To clarify I do not mean that it will always appear in your garage or it will just show up next to you after a mission. If you park it on a back country road then that were it will be until you go get it. This is how I see it working...

so you still have garages and parking spots, but you can have 1 car (for each character I guess) that you own. you can drive it around, park it, do missions and come get it later. Now I think it is reasonable that this car is "mortal", that is if you wreck it, it’s gone forever. if it just re-spawns then we are back to SR again. Of course maybe there can be a way to pay to fix it, assuming it didn’t blow up or sink into the ocean. if you get arrested in it then it will impounded and you can pay to get it out. it could be stolen if you leave it in the wrong part of town, but maybe there could be a small side mission where you could track it down and get it back. In 4 you could shut down the engine by holding Triangle as got out, maybe that could work here for locking the car. if it isn’t locked then there is a chance it will be stolen. In fact there could be all kinds of security upgrades you could pay for (back to the subject of what to spend money on) alarms, GPS tracking, ect.

Just some ideas, I think it would be nice. I do not see why we cannot do this at this point. if they could do it with a horse in RDR then they should be able to do it with a car... right?

This is a feasible function. after all the game is called "grand theft auto" cars should be more personal its like a sidekick. and actually this could work differently to because we already know that trevor's car is a bhodi and micheal's car is a sentinel.

who cares if sr3 was unrealistic its just a fucking game i wouldnt want a big fucking garage that i had to walk around in just to get to a car i wanted to use i like the list quick and simple

u loose it u must deal with it.

Can you save your car in real life and when you crash it you then load it to your garage?

Saints row is very silly and unrealistic game (didnt even play it cuz for me it is dumb) thats why u can do there stupid things. GTA is not life simulator and realism game but it have some common sense and I want it to be still that way.

It would be good if there would be possibility to rebuild car if crashed, fire upon but not burned. I want to have my car not disappear if I leave it and turn away or run to far away from it. Also when missions start then car would not be swapped by some other car. If there will be need to drive other car for mission then my car would stay where I left it. If it is legally bought car and if stolen then I want possibility to call for police and they will find it in some time (possibility to find car would be not always possible cuz it may be already sold on parts. But cloning cars... no I dont want that kind of childish option in that game.

So to summarize, most people agree that the parking spots from 4 did not work very well (at least not as the only way save cars). Most everyone would like to see the return of large garages to store multiple cars (and air craft I guess). I think a mix of garages and parking spot would be acceptable?

It would also be nice if we didn’t have to worry about losing our nice cars every time we took them for a spin. on the other hand most people agree that the SR system is to easy (no unlimited reloads of any car we save accessible from any safe house).

I think the greatest solution to this problem is, as some others have brought up, to have a car that you own and will simply not disappear no matter where you leave it. To clarify I do not mean that it will always appear in your garage or it will just show up next to you after a mission. If you park it on a back country road then that were it will be until you go get it. This is how I see it working...

so you still have garages and parking spots, but you can have 1 car (for each character I guess) that you own. you can drive it around, park it, do missions and come get it later. Now I think it is reasonable that this car is "mortal", that is if you wreck it, it’s gone forever. if it just re-spawns then we are back to SR again. Of course maybe there can be a way to pay to fix it, assuming it didn’t blow up or sink into the ocean. if you get arrested in it then it will impounded and you can pay to get it out. it could be stolen if you leave it in the wrong part of town, but maybe there could be a small side mission where you could track it down and get it back. In 4 you could shut down the engine by holding Triangle as got out, maybe that could work here for locking the car. if it isn’t locked then there is a chance it will be stolen. In fact there could be all kinds of security upgrades you could pay for (back to the subject of what to spend money on) alarms, GPS tracking, ect.

Just some ideas, I think it would be nice. I do not see why we cannot do this at this point. if they could do it with a horse in RDR then they should be able to do it with a car... right?

i like this idea but what if persay you got your car blown up and you held the title to it as the character owning that special car, if you had insurance for just that occasion or driving it into the ocean, and you get insurance money to go buy a new car and it would be locked away if you try to steal it with another character like in a locked garage or a shed in the back or something. I also like the dealership idea, if anyone doesnt want to get a new car, i see they may have tow trucks or flat beds, we might as well be able to use them such as calling them or rent them in the occasion that the car blows up or if you engine smokes and shuts off and use the tow truck take it to a shop to pay for repairs.

i think GTA SA in terms of saveabiltiy. if we had a decent sized garage, we should be able to get in, get out, and its saved there. But i realy think in terms if hoarding rare cars, i cant say i havnt done that, but you just have to drive them or not. having insurance, a tow truck, and the like are good ideas, but i just dont see them happening.maybe something like insurance could be a possibility, like RDR had the horse deed thing. You vould pay like 100 bucks a month( to keep it cheap,dont want a money pit) to pay off the insurance, so if the car gets wrecked in anyway, you could go to a location and find the same vehicle ( even rare or custom) in mint conditon for you to drive off in. and if you abandoned a car, then it should be gone. so i think it would be a nice idea that if you had like 2 rare sports cars, maybe a private jet or helicopter, and some less nice cars in your posesssion, you should have to pay for each vehcile insurance for that month. Otherwise there is a pay and spray to fix any damage like bullet holes and dings.

• Like 1

You vould pay like 100 bucks a month...

OMG, you're a Hasidic rabbi! :o

But anyway, insurance seems pretty plausible. With the new focus on money, I wouldn't overlook it.

u loose it u must deal with it.

Can you save your car in real life and when you crash it you then load it to your garage?

no, but in real life your car doesnt disappear if you lose sight of it.

Well there could be two ways around the problem. Either you could get your car reinforced so it doesn't take damage anywhere near as easily; or, you can get your car back from a dealership or something for a price. I don't think the infinite respawning that SR3 used would be a good idea to be honest. Also, I think the reason for parking spaces in IV was to do with realism - not many people in NYC have a garage. In LA, garages are pretty common, so I'd imagine we'll see plenty of them.

I think they should have garages instead of parking spots, because like someone else posted ( - aceofspades327 & KnightOfKnightyKnightness ) they were very glitchy in GTA lV. With your cars going missing ( for unknown reasons ) and being rammed/bumped off the parking space by traffic.

There should be different size garages for your safehouses, going from Single Lock-Ups ( for storing 1 car ) in your small House/Apartment Safehouses. Up to 2 Double Lock-Up Garages ( for storing up to 4 cars ) in your bigger Mansion or Warehouse type Safehouses.

And as for worrying about keeping your favourite rides, without the risk of them being permanently destroyed/ lost. Maybe there should be a system where you can get Insurance for your car. So when you purchase it for the first time you can opt to pay money on a regular basis, or a bigger 'one time only' lump sum to Insure your car forever. So if it gets destroyed or lost you can just call up the Insurer on your in-game phone, and they will then provide you with a brand new ride delivered straight to your garage. Problem Solved. :D

Edit: The extra money you would have to pay for the Insurance would make the game mechanic feel less cheap, compared to the unlimited amount of rides you are gifted in a game like Saints Row.

Worst parking ever was Luis' house in IV. seriously, who the fuck would place a parking space there? In the time it took to park my new million dollar Infurnuses, 5 other vehicles lined up behind me and then eventually my cars got rammed out of the space.

Also in San Andreas I never drove my awesome cars that I spent a lot of $ on because... It was too dangerous. Did it once, car exploded in the first 5 minutes of driving through Los Santos...

• Like 2

It has always been hard to get the balance imo. Saints Row was too easy to get nice cars and infinity use them, so I'd be careless with them. GTA on the other hand, I'd get all my favourite cars, and ended up hoarding them without using them because I was afraid of losing them!

same here i didnt want to lose them either

having the insurance would be good, it just cant be too expensive, or else all of your hard earned cash will just dissapear.

I didn't like it in Saint's Row 3, I prefer if it was physically there for you to collect. It lost the special feeling of customization in SR3.

Agreed! I thought Saint's Row 2 customization was perfect.

Well Michael has a huge mansion and a family. From Trailer 2 it looks like you can just park your cars there.

Trevor will have to just park beside his trailer, assuming we've saw his home somewhere in the trailer.

Franklin, we only saw the inside of his place in the trailer. Maybe he'll have just decent sized driveway or something

I think that you should be able to automaticly get a garage when you get a house from like your mission and the garage you can upgrade the car capacity with money so you can hold up to like 50 or lower cars or other vehicles and the garage should be able to have like a little drive way on the side of the house or like a drive way leading to the garage and the garage should be under the house

• Like 1

from my previous comment about having insurace, for those of you who read the actual R* updates. Money will be an issue but then again each character has there own money so its not shared, i was thinking of a banking system and since they are all friends what if we could do a wire transfer or bank loans, like say you have some shortage of money to pay the insurance with a character but with another character your loaded with money, you should be able to switch people and give the other guy a loan through bank accouts as long as its paid back within a time limit and same with a bank loan or you could get your car repo'd or if you dont have one then do some side missions for the police. and for those of you thinking of how big of a pain in the ass it will be to remember bank stuff, im thinking instead of pin# and all of that I HAVE A 5 STEP EXAMPLE TO SIMPLIFY... 1.you just go to a bank. 2. got to ATM. 3. click transfer. 4. type amount. 5. pick protags name to transfer to. Being able to make cell or computer transaction will be just as easy with same basic steps and i would be amazed if they read this and put it in lol

Edited by tinymidget68

What if you leave your car somewhere on the map because you have to use another vehicle for a mission or something? Would be cool if you could phone Franklin or another character depending on who you are, and ask them to pick up your car. Then you get a choice of the last couple of cars you drove or something. Then they drive it to you a few seconds later, a bit like tBoGT. ..

• Like 1

yeah i like the saint row method but then it wouldnt be realistic. rather just mod it and then driver back home and save in garage.

What about a parking garage? You pay a daily/weekly/monthly fee based on the number of cars you have parked there? That would work for Michael and Frankin as they live in the city and woud be a way to spend some of the money you earn, Trevor could just park his outside his trailer as I'd assume he lives on a large-ish plot of land as he strikes me as somewhat intolerant of neighbours :)

I personally would just like some garages and some open car parking space, garages from the previous GTAs were good. I wasn't quite sure why they did away with it in IV.

Saving should stay the same, you have to go to a safe house, it's one of those 'gta things' that should never change.

What if you leave your car somewhere on the map because you have to use another vehicle for a mission or something? Would be cool if you could phone Franklin or another character depending on who you are, and ask them to pick up your car. Then you get a choice of the last couple of cars you drove or something. Then they drive it to you a few seconds later, a bit like tBoGT. ..

What is Franklin, the other character's slave?............................ Oh Wait, that came out wrong.

But seriously having him be the other character's little errand boy, would do Franklin's character development a major disservice. I mean come on, making his charcter inequal and subservient to Michael and Trevor would be a mistake that Rockstar would not make.

Plus who would get Franklin's car if you were playing as him, Michael? Trevor? you wouldn't want one of your favourite character's running around doing menial jobs for a black man now would you. What a load of bullshit. :whistle: