I was just thinking i got frustrated having a custom or rare car on Gta S.A. and IV and being worried about losing my cars due to cops or a crash or some unforeseen situation. so how about being able to save your cars like saints row if you've played you know what i'm talking about. If not its basically a list accessible at all your garages.

• Like 3

We discussed this before somewhere. But I think the best solutions were either a list of cars (like saints row), a rotating garage (like in Japan), or individual garages for each car... I'm sure they'll do something good after their slightly flawed GTA IV parking system.

icon11.gif

yah the ability to save any amount of cars in saints row kinda made car customization less special. plus the amount of money you would make made me not give a fuck about it really

just felt too easy. the parking thing is bunk tho in IV. cars would disappear a lot.

icon11.gif

yah the ability to save any amount of cars in saints row kinda made car customization less special. plus the amount of money you would make made me not give a fuck about it really

just felt too easy. the parking thing is bunk tho in IV. cars would disappear a lot.

yeah i have had a few cops steal my cars to and the odd asshole taxi driver knocks my cars out of the spot

• Like 5

It has always been hard to get the balance imo. Saints Row was too easy to get nice cars and infinity use them, so I'd be careless with them. GTA on the other hand, I'd get all my favourite cars, and ended up hoarding them without using them because I was afraid of losing them!

• Like 1

GTA V saves your cars no matter what, but whatever condition you leave them in (except for destroyed) is what it saves as (so you have to spend money to fix them).

Good idea?

• Like 1

GTA V saves your cars no matter what, but whatever condition you leave them in (except for destroyed) is what it saves as (so you have to spend money to fix them).

Good idea?

I like that Idea, it was unrealistic parking a smashed up car outside your house, only to find it in mint condition again later.

But on the other had it was a good way to get it fixed quickly, without driving all the way to the pay and spray, only to damage it on the way home again.

• Like 2

I liked the street parking at first, it was different, but became annoying,

How about being able to park your car on the driveway, out of the way of traffic. but not actually in a garage, just on the driveway its self?

That's a good idea, it would definitely add more space to park cars (cause we should have garages too)

• Like 1

I would like to have own car ''license'' like you had your own horse in Red Dead Redemption, except you could not whistle to it. And of course we should have own a big house with big garage for at least 10 cars, and smalled houses with street-parking.

• Like 2

If businesses are a big part of this game, why not buy a car dealership and make profit (while driving those fuckers whenever you want?)

• Like 5

My worst parking experience was in TBOGT, literally 10 cars would smash into my cars all the time, sometimes knocking them out of the parking space resulting min me losing loads of awesome cars with cool paintjobs.

I liked it in SA, where you drove in, got out and that's it, depending on how much space there is in the garage.

I quite liked the way garages worked in Saints Row. Bur, GTA is more realistic than SR, so it may not seem right in some people's eyes.

So, if what people say about this geezer being rich, then have a huge mansion for lots of vehicles

I didn't like it in Saint's Row 3, I prefer if it was physically there for you to collect. It lost the special feeling of customization in SR3.

• Like 1

I didn't like it in Saint's Row 3, I prefer if it was physically there for you to collect. It lost the special feeling of customization in SR3.

I see what you mean by that. Saints Row 2 was always better even though the garage syste, was practically the same.

Good idea?

that sounds alot like saints row 2's parking system

Saints Row 1 had it the best I think as in attention to detail on the cars, but lacked in full customization that SR2 and 3 had, but at the same time SR2 and 3 just where so unrealistic and retarded, bugged, etc it just made it not as special and fun. Unless your just some stupid kid that doesnt care about anything, then yeah SR2 and 3 are awesome games.

• Like 2

Just because you have issues with Saints Row 2 and 3 being unrealistic, doesn't mean they aren't great games. Both games are very fun, despite their admittedly weak stories.

• Like 2

There should be both garages and parking spaces in GTA V depending on the type of property it is.

But I agree, having your car knocked out of the parking spot was always a piss take, and not wanting to drive your cars anywhere knowing you'd smash them up or end up losing them if you start a mission was shit.

i really like the idea of storing your vehicles anywhere on your property and they will stay there.

i would keep a scooter right next to the bed so i would never have to walk at all :D

So to summarize, most people agree that the parking spots from 4 did not work very well (at least not as the only way save cars). Most everyone would like to see the return of large garages to store multiple cars (and air craft I guess). I think a mix of garages and parking spot would be acceptable?

It would also be nice if we didn’t have to worry about losing our nice cars every time we took them for a spin. on the other hand most people agree that the SR system is to easy (no unlimited reloads of any car we save accessible from any safe house).

I think the greatest solution to this problem is, as some others have brought up, to have a car that you own and will simply not disappear no matter where you leave it. To clarify I do not mean that it will always appear in your garage or it will just show up next to you after a mission. If you park it on a back country road then that were it will be until you go get it. This is how I see it working...

so you still have garages and parking spots, but you can have 1 car (for each character I guess) that you own. you can drive it around, park it, do missions and come get it later. Now I think it is reasonable that this car is "mortal", that is if you wreck it, it’s gone forever. if it just re-spawns then we are back to SR again. Of course maybe there can be a way to pay to fix it, assuming it didn’t blow up or sink into the ocean. if you get arrested in it then it will impounded and you can pay to get it out. it could be stolen if you leave it in the wrong part of town, but maybe there could be a small side mission where you could track it down and get it back. In 4 you could shut down the engine by holding Triangle as got out, maybe that could work here for locking the car. if it isn’t locked then there is a chance it will be stolen. In fact there could be all kinds of security upgrades you could pay for (back to the subject of what to spend money on) alarms, GPS tracking, ect.

Just some ideas, I think it would be nice. I do not see why we cannot do this at this point. if they could do it with a horse in RDR then they should be able to do it with a car... right?

Edited by calimann83

I like the idea of doing a side mission to retrieve your car. If R* goes back to using the street park ability i hope they fix it. But then again the garage idea is better.

...store multiple cars (and air craft I guess).

I'd like to be able to customize aircraft. Put different armaments and paint jobs on them. A pink Hunter...Flame-painted Buzzard. Golden Shamal.