We have, just not in this thread. I wonder if businesses double as a safehouse...?

I'm hearing echoes of Roman... "It took me months to get some cash together. Finally I bought a cab and then another, then I got the depot... I slept under my desk at that place for over a year!"

Would be great to just walk into your cab depot and scrape all the equipment -- computer, radio, papers, money -- off the desk and just lay down on it.

Y'know, get some discussion going amongst your employees.

'Definitely' has to be one of the most misspelled words on the internet...

It is a stupid word. I always have problems with it.

There were talks about how Heist will be planned at a set location, I am guessing that will be a joint safe house. Maybe that will be part of the early missions before you can even start the heist. you will need to select a good safe house for planning. I am curious about how sharing of property will be handled.

There isn't anything confirmed, I was merely speculating that there may be joint safehouses in the game that work as a hideout/base of operation type place. Somewhere to store vehicles and maybe weapons meant for the heists and missions the crew will be carrying out. Since we now know we'll be able to plan for the heists, the gang should have a safe place for them to get organized. It might be possible that one of the three buys a property, but all three have access to store vehicles and whatever in it.

Looking back at the OP, and the suggestion below it, i think R* may have listened to our wishes, i hope. Fromt he trailers and previews we already know there's Winnebago's and luxury yachts in the game.

I emailed them about a year ago:

Hey Rockstar,

Me and a few friends were talking about safe houses in GTA V, and it got us thinking. If GTA V is a big sandbox, we thought that a portable winnebago camper van and/or a luxury yacht would be a brilliant way to keep your safehouse nearby, when out of the city. Understandably it could be a pain to implement, but it's a suggestion i hope you would consider.

Hope all is going well with the game development,

Many thanks,

DuPz0r.

They emailed back with the usual:

Thanks for the suggestions etc, we will pass them on to the team.

(paraphrasing, but something along these lines)

Fingers crossed that we get some portable safehouses, and that they actually respond to fan requests, but i wont lose any sleep if we don't.

• Like 1

I would at least like a separation between a safe house and your home. It makes no sense to go back to your home when you are being chased down by cops.

Winnebago (Camper van)

winnebago-sightseer-1.half.jpg

Stick your mountain bikes on the back and head off into the mountains and return to it to save your game just in case you're miles fom anywhere.

i think this is the best damned idea ever

I agree - I think portable safehouses would be great. Maybe we'll get a Breaking Bad referenced mission in V!

Great idea, the moving safehouse. Camper van, big boat and also a big airplane. Desert areas etc. etc.

Fantastic idea, i'd love to smash a dear with one of those.

Now that purchasable properties are confirmed I'm really hoping for an available cabin up in the mountains somewhere.. :clap:

Maybe something much like RDR but a bit more modern. I'd like the idea of having a parking space/garage next to it to store our off-road vehicles. Not sure how buying safe houses/properties will work with having 3 characters though. Especially since they mentioned in one of the previews that buying certain businesses will be character specific. (ex: Franklin more likely to buy a nightclub than Michael)

What are your thoughts???

Now that purchasable properties are confirmed I'm really hoping for an available cabin up in the mountains somewhere.. :clap:

If you could throw people into the trunk of your car, Trevor and I would have good times with this theoretical secluded cabin.

• Like 2

Just a thought, and I'm sure it won't happen, but what about the use of hotels/motels as a save point? I hear the camping notion from RDR mentioned a bit through the forums and obviously it's impractical to a) camp in Los Santos and B) park your car beside your city-campsite and NOT have it stolen (although it would be funny to see your protags reaction when he wakes up to find his car gone or trashed).

A catch would be that you can't go there when you have a wanted level but you could plan your heist there. There'd be a nightly fee attached and maybe valet for the more pricey hotels.

Hotels has temporary save spots would be interesting. I think camping or a trailer would work outside the city just fine. I do not think anyone was talking about camping inside the city. even if they were I don't understand why your car would always get stolen.

I'd love to be able to camp in the city too. Downtown Los Santos and you don't want to walk home? Step into a cardboard box on a street corner and sleep for six hours.

• Like 2

Noone was talking about camping in the city but I don't know anyone in real life who does it. As for your car being stolen, you as the protagonist go around stealing cars so why can't other people steal your stuff? Fairs fair :P

Maybe something much like RDR but a bit more modern. I'd like the idea of having a parking space/garage next to it to store our off-road vehicles. Not sure how buying safe houses/properties will work with having 3 characters though. Especially since they mentioned in one of the previews that buying certain businesses will be character specific. (ex: Franklin more likely to buy a nightclub than Michael)

What are your thoughts???

A giant log home sort of like Toreno's in SA would be really nice up in the mountains. Also It'd be great to be able to put a helipad on every property I own.

I wonder if I we could rent a hotel.

I hope so. 100+ guests paying a fee every night, that'd be an excellent way to make quick money. Shit, I wouldn't even need to pull any heists.

Buuuuut, I suppose this is more appropriate for the Money topic.

I wonder if save points will still be available in GTA V? They could use autosave only, like a lot of other games these days... (Which i'd hate if i'm honest, i like to manually save in GTA)

Wasn't a hotel used as a safehouse in Vice City?

Yes the first safe house was called the Ocean View Hotel. Great place.

Many people never went back after buying the properties but Ocean View

had weapons spawns like the minigun, and cool rewards that accumulated after accomplishments.

The coke tiki, poster, bullet in the head trophy etc etc

I wonder if save points will still be available in GTA V? They could use autosave only, like a lot of other games these days... (Which i'd hate if i'm honest, i like to manually save in GTA)

Autosave killed GTA IV for a lot of people because that's all they used.

Remember all the complaints about the "Final Interview" never getting called.

Or never getting Stevie's call to collect the vehicles. Those guys couldn't go back.

I couldn't believe all the "have to start over" threads and complaints.

I would expect to have save points in GTA V, I always use those.

I always use the manual saves in GTA, at the safehouses. As for GTAIV, Just turn autosave off. Thats what I did and I kept a few different ave files so If I really wanted to go back to a mission or point in the game to re-play it, I could have. Im sure both manual and auto saves will be in V. Autosaves shouldn't be enough to kill a game for you, just turn them off.